• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pens hockey 21-22

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Yeah, no hurt feelings JMM.

Joke around as much as needed. We need it more so than ever these days.

Me, I’ve turned into a more casual observer of late. Two kids, longer work hours for the better, and the back to back cup wins. Besides the outcome of the game is out of my control. I don’t get to worked up like years past
Right....you still get worked up... you can't bullshit a bullshitter with more experience.

I do understand life taking priority over the games we enjoy to break away from real life for awhile. 20-27 years ago a game like we just watched/listened to would have put me into a funk until a few seconds before the next game. These days it's like, eh,,,there's a lot more to worry about that actually effect me and my family which is no joke.

So I joke about **** that's frivolous and have no control over otherwise I'd probably be undergoing electroshock therapy daily like poor Mr. Lunar. @Lunar

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Right....you still get worked up... you can't bullshit a bullshitter with more experience.

I do understand life taking priority over the games we enjoy to break away from real life for awhile. 20-27 years ago a game like we just watched/listened to would have put me into a funk until a few seconds before the next game. These days it's like, eh,,,there's a lot more to worry about that actually effect me and my family which is no joke.

So I joke about **** that's frivolous and have no control over otherwise I'd probably be undergoing electroshock therapy daily like poor Mr. Lunar. @Lunar
I get worked up to an extent. Not like years past. ****, back in 2016 against Tampa, game 7 I did not sleep an ounce the night prior.
Although I have been emotionally invested in UGA since 2016. Now that those guys have gotten over the Mark Richt era and Kirby Smart seems like our chosen one lol.

And yes, I use the games as an escape from real life. More so to try to chit chat with you guys here. But overall, I don’t dwell on the wins/losses too much anymore. I’m enjoying seeing the team as is whether good or bad.

I’m happy to see us have guys retire Pens. A lot of teams in the nhl do not have that claim.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I get worked up to an extent. Not like years past. ****, back in 2016 against Tampa, game 7 I did not sleep an ounce the night prior.
Although I have been emotionally invested in UGA since 2016. Now that those guys have gotten over the Mark Richt era and Kirby Smart seems like our chosen one lol.

And yes, I use the games as an escape from real life. More so to try to chit chat with you guys here. But overall, I don’t dwell on the wins/losses too much anymore. I’m enjoying seeing the team as is whether good or bad.

I’m happy to see us have guys retire Pens. A lot of teams in the nhl do not have that claim.
So how did a kid from New Mexico become a Steelers/Penguins fan? Do you/did you follow the Pirates?

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
So how did a kid from New Mexico become a Steelers/Penguins fan? Do you/did you follow the Pirates?
My pops.

The Steelers were national tv air time in the 70’s.
He saw them on tv became a fan and I was born into it. We pretty much adopted the Pittsburgh teams from there. I followed hockey more cause that was the sport that caught my attention span. Jagr’s mullet was badass in the 90’s. Then of course I wound up playing the sport which made me appreciate it more.

I am a Pirates fan, but Bob Nutting makes it hard to root for them. Living in GA and attending a few braves games. I do have a fondness towards them as well

Reactions: JMM

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Time to kick some ovie *** today btw.

Reactions: JMM

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
My pops.

The Steelers were national tv air time in the 70’s.
He saw them on tv became a fan and I was born into it. We pretty much adopted the Pittsburgh teams from there. I followed hockey more cause that was the sport that caught my attention span. Jagr’s mullet was badass in the 90’s. Then of course I wound up playing the sport which made me appreciate it more.

I am a Pirates fan, but Bob Nutting makes it hard to root for them. Living in GA and attending a few braves games. I do have a fondness towards them as well
Awesome...Jagr was one hell of a competitor...I wish he found his way back to the team but I wonder if Jagr and Lemieux had some bad blood for some reason. It is somewhat spooky how we have basically the same pairing with Sid and Geno...

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
So I just turn the game on from stream and I get the Pens giving up a short handed goal..ugh

str8liner

Reaction score
Yay! Just turned it on in time for the suckage. Already down 2.

Don't know why anyone thinks they can win tonight after the managed to lose last night to a backup Senator's team.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Yay! Just turned it on in time for the suckage. Already down 2.

Don't know why anyone thinks they can win tonight after the managed to lose last night to a backup Senator's team.
I’ll give Kaps line credit. They move