• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Fire Tomlin

6Lombardis

Reaction score
Worst team in football.

Ran for over 200 yards while the QB had 11. Yes. 11 yards passing. Don't think for a minute that Tomlin isn't a functional retard.
16 points allowed by this D today. Adjustments were made on D, and this game was served up on a platter twice if not three times at the end for this
noffense (yes noffense) to just close the deal with a FG at the end. Pitiful.

FAB802

Contributor
Reaction score
Worst team in football.

Ran for over 200 yards while the QB had 11. Yes. 11 yards passing. Don't think for a minute that Tomlin isn't a functional retard.
So, it's solely on our coach that our defense got *** raped by an inferior opponent? At what point do any of you hold paid professionals responsible for their play? They punched us in the mouth on defense. That's not coaching, that's our defense being soft as **** today. I know, it's his job to hype them up like a middle school team. It's not like they get paid or anything. I'm glad most of you don't actually coach football. The first time the guy across from you smacks you around your pride should set in.

Our rookie center had 20 terrible high snaps because we played an entire game out of the shotgun, had Ben played six of those would have never been handled by him at this stage of his career. Johnson and Freiermuth fumble in OT on plays where we are pretty much in FG range. Tomlin isn't going anywhere. I hold him responsible for not firing the O/C immediately after the game for not giving Harris the ball once when you're first and goal on their six. And the dumb *** quick WR outs we've run since before any of these coaches or players were even here. Playing bad against **** teams happened long before Tomlin got here. This one should have been a loss. They outplayed us. If their HC doesn't turtle up the whole first half they win the game. Oh, and their kicker missed an XP. We are not a contender right now. We're just not that good. Fortunately the rest of the division took a **** the same week to keep us in the hunt. No amount of Yinzer fandom changes where we are, average. Reality is what you are is what you do on the field.

Back to the obligatory coach shades must got nonsense. 3 coaches in over 50 years people. It's not how they do business. Thankfully. Carry on though........

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
They came up with a heavy set, we adapted before the end of the game… mostly the issue was we weren’t trying to tackle we were trying to punch the ball out andd as soon as we went back to fundamentals later in the game, that run game dried up
Lol. Yeah, they finally adapted before the end of the game. Awesome. Luckily, Detroit's coach is also an idiot, and decided to kick a field goal from the 2 yard line on the last play of the first half. Is there any doubt in the world that the Lions would have run that ball directly into the end zone with ease had they gone for it?

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Lol. Yeah, they finally adapted before the end of the game. Awesome. Luckily, Detroit's coach is also an idiot, and decided to kick a field goal from the 2 yard line on the last play of the first half. Is there any doubt in the world that the Lions would have run that ball directly into the end zone with ease had they gone for it?
The sad thing is Campbell didn't coach this game to win. It was one of the most conservative game plans I've ever seen from a winless team.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
The sad thing is Campbell didn't coach this game to win. It was one of the most conservative game plans I've ever seen from a winless team.

One of few times I actually agreed with the announcers when one said "neither team seems to want to win this game".

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
I am not calling for anyone to be fired yet (except maybe Canada), but if we go 8-8-1 and they call it a non-losing season for Tomlin I may go on a shooting rampage. No, not really if you are the FBI reading this. It is hyperbole you dipshits.
Hyperbole game is the only Bowl game we will sniff this year

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Did you like it when he said we have only had three coaches in the history of the franchise?

I must've missed that one. Shaking my head. Did you hear last week's doozy "Tomlin is one of the best to ever do it"?

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I must've missed that one. Shaking my head. Did you hear last week's doozy "Tomlin is one of the best to ever do it"?
That eye candy chick announcer said Tomlin is "almost miraculous." Couldn't believe the moment.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
They came up with a heavy set, we adapted before the end of the game… mostly the issue was we weren’t trying to tackle we were trying to punch the ball out andd as soon as we went back to fundamentals later in the game, that run game dried up
I think most coaches would have adapted early on.....not before the end of the game. By half-time most in the game thread were pointing out that Goff was 4 of 7 for 11 yards and we should commit to stopping the run first and simply make Goff throw the ball. It only took another quarter before we actually adjusted(end of the 3rd). Mind boggling actually. Horrible coaching. Simply horrible.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
The most infuriating part of Tomlin is the minimal to no responsibility for what happens. Watch Hairballs presser after getting outclassed by Miami and compare it to cool shades. Hairball takes total responsibility for not being ready for what Miami did. The Lions gouged the Steelers for the middle third using extra TEs and Tackle eligible. It was just ****** tacking. Like ****. The olineman were on the inside backers before they got out of their stance. Spillane should have been in there for down one and two. If it was third and long bring in Bush. Try walking people up to the gaps and playing aggressive.
Tomlin will give the same lip service.

“we didn’t cut off our eyelids in the face of adversity, we blinked if you will. Weather permitting we didn’t play our 5 star match up. We weren’t in it obviously. It’s time to go back to the lab and unleash hell” - Michael Vincent Lombardi Heisman Tomlin

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I think most coaches would have adapted early on.....not before the end of the game. By half-time most in the game thread were pointing out that Goff was 4 of 7 for 11 yards and we should commit to stopping the run first and simply make Goff throw the ball. It only took another quarter before we actually adjusted(end of the 3rd). Mind boggling actually. Horrible coaching. Simply horrible.
Im not arguing it was great coaching… again we threw 50 times with a qb making his first start of the season and second in two years, in a rainstorm, and against acteam that isn’t great against the run, no less… but the rushing thing was a blip… i watch a lot of football still, such things happen to teams… if they can adapt they survive and if the cant they tend to fall apart

We adapt on D

On offense its been a different story the past few years… like last year.. the ravens came up with a way to deal with our offense and afterwards everyone copied it.
And we really never adjusted

We will see how the rest of the year plays out…the oline has gotten better but it is still flawed… it certainly isn’t where i thought it would be right now

They are overusing Harris and he is banged up now… they don’t have a clear 2nd rb

The wr corps is obliterated, Washington has been a massive disappointment, and they have no deep game at all

I like what canada is trying to do.. the motions expose a lot of the defensive coverage pre snap, but we need to get more point production…

I get better than most that installing a new offense takes time, and that the fitchner one was so bad, but still we need to be getting over 20 points a game…

X

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if he's the worst, but I think he is way over rated.
It is like a see saw with fans. For me he is what they show a .500 coach. Agree not the worst but you won't be shining any more trophies with him either. This is and will be a rinse and repeat yearly debate. Some will like him for the non losing seasons, and I like him for that sure. But when playoffs come I know I will continually be disappointed. And I dislike him for that. Which is why the game is played. So for me it is he is ok overall but not good enough. Kind of a half a glass that always leaves you thirsty.

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
This is true, BUT allowing that gameplan was ******* atrocious today. Never, in any game (let alone a snow/rain downpour) should Mason Rudolph be attempting 50 passes. Especially when the opposition has the 31st rank rush defense in the game. Also, regarding the passing game, we seen a total of 220-230 yards. What is that, a sub-5.0 ypa? I thought it was all because Ben couldn’t throw the football down the field (not saying you ever claimed this ATL, but I know many have)?
Yeah that’s not me. Haha. I guess it ultimately falls in Tomlin for sure but isn’t that more of a question for Canada? I also think playing from behind had something to do with that as well.

Maddo

Reaction score
What I don't understand is, How does the game plan not change when the Qb does? Do they believe mason can do what ben does, if so thats the issue? Tomlin clearly stated no changes were made.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Are you serious?

iu

diver

Reaction score
I know people get pissed at this, and I have had to ask myself this, because I'd like to see Tomlin go, but...

Who the hell do you hire?

I mean looking around the league you just see lousy, make no sense coaching all over. Is Belechick really that good, or is it like one competent guy in a room with a lot of morons of varying degrees? For example, I thought maybe the Browns finally got it right with Stefanski, but here is a guy who has a great running game but for some reason gets away from it quite a bit. His own player just ripped him and the staff for lack of adjustments.

I mean, you know what you got in Tomlin. He is a steady guy who the players seem to really value. Maybe they can get players to overcome the coaching here again at some point.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Hyperbole game is the only Bowl game we will sniff this year
What do you mean? The Steelers and Lions played to a thrilling tie in the Toilet Bowl yesterday!

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I know people get pissed at this, and I have had to ask myself this, because I'd like to see Tomlin go, but...

Who the hell do you hire?

I mean looking around the league you just see lousy, make no sense coaching all over. Is Belechick really that good, or is it like one competent guy in a room with a lot of morons of varying degrees? For example, I thought maybe the Browns finally got it right with Stefanski, but here is a guy who has a great running game but for some reason gets away from it quite a bit. His own player just ripped him and the staff for lack of adjustments.

I mean, you know what you got in Tomlin. He is a steady guy who the players seem to really value. Maybe they can get players to overcome the coaching here again at some point.
Sorry Diver. Worst reason to keep a coach ever.

Did you see Tomlin and say "Let's can Cowher, because this great D coordinator is out there!"? No. None of us had him on our radar. The same when Noll left. No one thought of Cowher. It's just not a reason. I believe that Tibs could coach better. Maybe even Two-Step Bob could. Adjusting to meet the challenge, calling TOs at the right time, having a replay asst coach, Keeping your best players in when it's 1st and goal at the 6YL, etc. That all is coaching 101, taught to pop warner coaches. Shades fails at it over and over again.

It's old, and tiresome.

diver

Reaction score
Sorry Diver. Worst reason to keep a coach ever.

Did you see Tomlin and say "Let's can Cowher, because this great D coordinator is out there!"? No. None of us had him on our radar. The same when Noll left. No one thought of Cowher. It's just not a reason. I believe that Tibs could coach better. Maybe even Two-Step Bob could. Adjusting to meet the challenge, calling TOs at the right time, having a replay asst coach, Keeping your best players in when it's 1st and goal at the 6YL, etc. That all is coaching 101, taught to pop warner coaches. Shades fails at it over and over again.

It's old, and tiresome.
Hey, look, I agree. You don't know. You could get worse, though. I am willing to take that chance to see if we get better, but I don't have tons of confidence in that. I just don't see it looking around the league.