• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Haskins checking his phone and not being attentive during pregame

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I didn't say YOU did. However, as Berm noted, Tomlin basically answered the question during his presser.
Maybe that’s all it is. I guess we’ll see. Personally, I hope he sticks around and provides some push to Rudolph in 2022.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Dobbs was IRed because they wanted to keep him around until 2022 for competition. I don’t quite believe the validity of his injury and they didn’t want him to be poached off the PS. I get they are trying to cheaply retool the QB position by having 3-4 young guys fight it out. Their strategy might work for 2022. But for 2021 they screwed the pooched and could really use Roche
No way do the Steelers risk losing a draft pick to fake getting their 4th best QB on to IR.

And your hatred for the Steelers keeping 3QBs is misplaced, when they were always going to keep 3 QBs, and Roche was going to be the cut because he couldn't play ST.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
They just signed James Morgan to the practice squad. I have no idea who that is but I'm thinking Dwayne is gone gone gone he has been gone so long.
James Morgan Florida International University ......... 6'4" 229 lbs QB .... I was hoping we would take a flyer on this dude in the later rounds of the draft ....
he went in the 4th 125th overall to the Jets.... he's got an arm and moves in the pocket better than Rudolph or Ben ....I like the signing

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmmm .... So the Steelers sign a QB to the practice squad and we're just assuming it's to replace Haskins. Never mind the fact that Josh Dobbs is sitting ahead of him on the depth chart. So, in order to surpass Haskins, he'd also have to surpass Dobbs. Methinks that the Pennsylvania hatred of anything tOSU accept Cam Heyward is driving a lot of Wish"if"full thinking.
I also think that Aditi (sp) hasn't had enough Steelers drama this year and is digging deep to throw some crumbs; knowing that there are some folks who will just lap it up.
Non-story
Lol cmon. Me and you are probably the biggest Buckeye supporters on here, I seriously doubt this has anything to do with "hatred of anything tOSU". Haskins is garbage

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Lol cmon. Me and you are probably the biggest Buckeye supporters on here, I seriously doubt this has anything to do with "hatred of anything tOSU". Haskins is garbage
I never said Haskins was the answer. I do, however, believe some folks here don't actually want to see him succeed (slim as that possibility is) even if it means helping the team. Only reason I could think that would be would be because of anti-tOSU bias.
Also think Aditi was simply tweeting to try to stir up a pot. And then, as Sask noted, bailed when she had a chance to ask about it during the presser. Funny thing is, she seems to be the only one who either saw what she tweeted about, or thought it was something worth trying to make a big deal about. If Haskins fails, let him fail on his merits, not some bullshit agenda pushed by a **** stirring media twit.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
I never said Haskins was the answer. I do, however, believe some folks here don't actually want to see him succeed (slim as that possibility is) even if it means helping the team. Only reason I could think that would be would be because of anti-tOSU bias.
Also think Aditi was simply tweeting to try to stir up a pot. And then, as Sask noted, bailed when she had a chance to ask about it during the presser. Funny thing is, she seems to be the only one who either saw what she tweeted about, or thought it was something worth trying to make a big deal about. If Haskins fails, let him fail on his merits, not some bullshit agenda pushed by a **** stirring media twit.
He has failed on his merits. The dude sucks. Nothing has changed since he was a Redskin

xjx

Reaction score
He is too immature to focus. Move on.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Hmmmm .... So the Steelers sign a QB to the practice squad and we're just assuming it's to replace Haskins. Never mind the fact that Josh Dobbs is sitting ahead of him on the depth chart. So, in order to surpass Haskins, he'd also have to surpass Dobbs. Methinks that the Pennsylvania hatred of anything tOSU accept Cam Heyward is driving a lot of Wish"if"full thinking.
I also think that Aditi (sp) hasn't had enough Steelers drama this year and is digging deep to throw some crumbs; knowing that there are some folks who will just lap it up.
Non-story
I think you overrate the osu hate… id take fields in a heartbeat… a bust qb is a bust qb… haskins doesn’t have the character to put in the work… as i said when we signed him, guys with work ethic issues rarely work out

They might have blips where they try because their back is against the wall, but rarely do they actually learn their lesson and turn things around.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Quote from today's presser - I'm calling BS...
Didn't someone say Dobbs is still on the P.S.? Not sure but I thought he was gone. If he is there, then no need for this guy. And, now they Adibi or whatever her name is said the coaches aren't happy with Haskins and called him lazy. Who knows but there really is no reason to bring another QB on right now, especially one that has COVID and can't do anything for the same duration Ben is out. Morgan isn't helping anything this week.

Last edited:

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So you're cutting the 3rd QB for a 5th LB? That ain't happening. Steelers always keep 3, especially with an aging Roethlisberger.

Want a better argument? Keep 5OLB and 5ILB not 4OLB 6ILB.
This was the correct answer… why keep 6 ilbs… even if one is going on ir you keep 5 then cut one and resign him afterwards… instead we went in at edge extremely shorthanded… iirc if cowher had a guy with potential he kept 5 olbs because they had promise at a critical position… he didn’t have hard numbers at positions.. if they had 6 worthy rbs, six made the roster… if they had six wrs that deserved to make it he kept six…

Guys like carlos emmons, a 7th round pick who didn’t really do anything his first two years, would eventually go on to play ten years in the league and start 121 games because Cowher saw the potential and developed it..,

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Didn't someone say Dobbs is still on the P.S.? Not sure but I thought he was gone. If he is there, then no need for this guy. And, now they Adibi or whatever her name is said the coaches aren't happy with Haskins and called him lazy. Who knows but there really is no reason to bring another QB on right now, especially one that has COVID and can't do anything for the same duration Ben is out. White isn't helping anything this week.
He is on IR

madinsomniac

Reaction score
No way do the Steelers risk losing a draft pick to fake getting their 4th best QB on to IR.

And your hatred for the Steelers keeping 3QBs is misplaced, when they were always going to keep 3 QBs, and Roche was going to be the cut because he couldn't play ST.
Would it be weird if our glorious special teams coach could teach these guys who cant play special teams to…. Um play special teams? I feel like its not a huge complicated thing and most players can do it…

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Ok, got it Ben is on the covid list. So why not sign Morgan last week? What has changed?
Ben went on it on Saturday and the Steelers usually work guys out Monday… plus he wouldn’t be eligible for a couple days until he passes two negative tests…

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Comment still stands. If Morgan is on COVID list, there was no reason to sign him. None.
Where are you seeing that he is on tge covid list? New players have to pass a couple negative tests before they join the team, but I hadn’t seen anything that he was positive….

I think people are reading a lot into this… they have to work a guy out before they sign him… ben tested positive on Saturday and the coaches were busy with the game on Sunday… signing him Monday is just the earliest it was going to happen

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Short, playmaker, timely throws and can run.
Head size is ginormous

Tells me all I need to know,............... do you know if there are any of his highlights on YouTube that I could partialy watch ?

Salute the nation

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Where are you seeing that he is on tge covid list? New players have to pass a couple negative tests before they join the team, but I hadn’t seen anything that he was positive….

I think people are reading a lot into this… they have to work a guy out before they sign him… ben tested positive on Saturday and the coaches were busy with the game on Sunday… signing him Monday is just the earliest it was going to happen
I thought that's what someone meant when they said Morgan would still have to pass 2 COVID tests just like Ben. Even if he doesn't have it, taking that time means he is useless this week and their "reason" for signing him is BS. They must truly be unhappy with Haskins. There is no other reason to sign the dude.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Haskins imo is a dud plain and simple. You add his never ending immaturity to his seemingly not that great attitude, stir in some very bad QB play in Wash. you got a dud.
Teams just don’t cut loose supposed franchise QBs dafter one year previous as high as he was for no reason. They knew they screwed up big time to just cut him loose.
I hope and do think he’s gone before next season.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Haskins imo is a dud plain and simple. You add his never ending immaturity to his seemingly not that great attitude, stir in some very bad QB play in Wash. you got a dud.
Teams just don’t cut loose supposed franchise QBs dafter one year previous as high as he was for no reason. They knew they screwed up big time to just cut him loose.
I hope and do think he’s gone before next season.
I think he was certainly worth the cheap look, but if he doesn't look clearly better than Rudloph (who most don't believe is a starter here) what is the point?

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I think he was certainly worth the cheap look, but if he doesn't look clearly better than Rudloph (who most don't believe is a starter here) what is the point?
Now that is a reasonable statement.

steelhurt

Reaction score
I had my look in the summer. Now this! I would prefer we draft a young talented kid who is hungry and has the correct attitude. Not this turkey who it appears was a one season wonder at OSU.