• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Why no mention of the elephant in the room?Cam Heyward punch

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
I looked around and noticed no one mentioned what Cam did. First of all disclaimer: I love Cam and acknowledge he is a great Steeler and will certainly be remembered as a Steeler legend if he continues playing the way he has, but that punch on Herbert was a POS move. Then he followed it up by lying in the PC instead of fessing up which was POS move #2. He could have said it was "in the heat of the moment and he reacted out of the other Chargers players pulling and pushing him" instead he took the low road and said his arm was trapped underneath blah, blah...which is complete B.S. as anyone who has seen the video knows. Let's save the excuses: He didn't fall, he didn't trip on the reffs leg,etc. He balled up his fist , pulled his arm back and punched him in the gut. That's all.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I looked around and noticed no one mentioned what Cam did. First of all disclaimer: I love Cam and acknowledge he is a great Steeler and will certainly be remembered as a Steeler legend if he continues playing the way he has, but that punch on Herbert was a POS move. Then he followed it up by lying in the PC instead of fessing up which was POS move #2. He could have said it was "in the heat of the moment and he reacted out of the other Chargers players pulling and pushing him" instead he took the low road and said his arm was trapped underneath blah, blah...which is complete B.S. as anyone who has seen the video knows. Let's save the excuses: He didn't fall, he didn't trip on the reffs leg,etc. He balled up his fist , pulled his arm back and punched him in the gut. That's all.

Well Omar did call him a fat **** and many said he was gassed and tired.

So the elephant in the room was addressed in real time on Steeler Nation.

As for what goes on with Cam, Herbert, league fines. That’s their personal stuff. Not mine. I’m just a watcher trying to be entertained

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I suggest you write Mr. Heyward a sternly worded letter/email telling him exactly how you feel and asking for a face to face meeting to discuss his inappropriate behavior.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
tom-hanks-golden-globes.gif

Steelr4evr

Reaction score

This team needs an injection of mean. Which from what I watched wasn't much at all.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I would just think to myself. How would cam Heyward feel about this?

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Well Omar did call him a fat **** and many said he was gassed and tired.

So the elephant in the room was addressed in real time on Steeler Nation.

As for what goes on with Cam, Herbert, league fines. That’s their personal stuff. Not mine. I’m just a watcher trying to be entertained
Well I was on this board years back and remember the emotional angry reaction to Vonte Burfict( or whatever his name is) and what he did to AB....people are funny when it comes to their morals. You see it in politics where when my guy does it it's ok dependent on whether he has an R or a D next to his name. In this case it's what color uniform he's wearing. At least you said I don't care who does it to who....everyone else that posted turned it into a joke or played it off...people are funny that way.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Well I was on this board years back and remember the emotional angry reaction to Vonte Burfict( or whatever his name is) and what he did to AB....people are funny when it comes to their morals. You see it in politics where when my guy does it it's ok dependent on whether he has an R or a D next to his name. In this case it's what color uniform he's wearing. At least you said I don't care who does it to who....everyone else that posted turned it into a joke or played it off...people are funny that way.
I don’t care why he did cause I have no control over any of what happened.

If the league chooses to discipline him. Great. If not great. This is something entirely out of my control. I don’t work for the nfl or the steelers or chargers to stress over something like this.

I’m sure Heyward and Herbert talked it out post game. I’m sure the league fined Heyward. That’s all there is to it

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
At least he didn't punch him in the balls like has been portrayed.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Are you seriously comparing both plays? AB almost got beheaded.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t care why he did cause I have no control over any of what happened.

If the league chooses to discipline him. Great. If not great. This is something entirely out of my control. I don’t work for the nfl or the steelers or chargers to stress over something like this.

I’m sure Heyward and Herbert talked it out post game. I’m sure the league fined Heyward. That’s all there is to it

I can see why you said you were sure the league would fine him even though the player that took out "BOZ" didn't get a find for the head shot on a QB.

**** the NFL

I too have very very very little vestment in the nfl as a whole, no continuety on punishment of any kind. I also could care less whether it's Cam's money they fine or not as he is a big boy and knows the rules.

Personally I don't think it merits a flag as he was exhausted forward and was catching hiself, there was no force or swing to actualy make it a punch.

Salute the nation

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I can see why you said you were sure the league would fine him even though the player that took out "BOZ" didn't get a find for the head shot on a QB.

**** the NFL

I too have very very very little vestment in the nfl as a whole, no continuety on punishment of any kind. I also could care less whether it's Cam's money they fine or not as he is a big boy and knows the rules.

Personally I don't think it merits a flag as he was exhausted forward and was catching hiself, there was no force or swing to actualy make it a punch.

Salute the nation
There was a punch, the camera just happened to catch him. It’s pro sports. It happens a lot between whistles. Football, hockey, basketball, soccer. It’s happened. Nothing new. Bone headed sure.

Heyward acknowledged. Twisted the story to save face, but overall non story

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
If a guy hit Ben like that I would want him kicked out for the rest of the year. Since it was my guy, I’m gonna say if he did the same thing in the 70s everyone would love his meanstreak.

FWIW, Herbert didn’t even seem to care. He had a short, but good take on it with Pat McAfee.

GILBERT

Reaction score
It was not exactly a Mike Tyson gut shot. I'm sure it was out of frustration (1. He had to make the tackle 40 yards down field. 2. seeing two Steelers knocked out on the other side of field. 3. Who knows if Herbert said anything).

Perhaps being honest would have thrown his teammates or Herbert under the bus.

He got flagged.

Onto to Cincinnati.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The shot to Cam Sutton was far worse...nobody cares.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
did he hurt Herbert? nope, but burthdefect damn near killed AB with that illegal hit

the two cases are not remotely similar

Gildong Sack

Reaction score

**** the NFL

Salute the nation
Nope bro...he reared back his arm and balled his fist. Then came out and lied about it. Was not cool...but hey I'm not going to beat a dead horse just was wondering what everybody thought since I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
If only the rest of the team had the sort of heart and work ethic as Hayward has…

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Nope bro...he reared back his arm and balled his fist. Then came out and lied about it. Was not cool...but hey I'm not going to beat a dead horse just was wondering what everybody thought since I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.
you are beating dead horse

**** it is not a big deal