• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Dulac by way of 93.7 The Fan Tomlin Extension Coming

Troglodyte

Reaction score
What made you bet on the former?

Seems most want Tomlin replaced and bet the latter.
There’s a very real possibility that whoever replaced Tomlin would do worse and fail to get to or win a Superbowl. While I’m willing to take that risk I still acknowledge it.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
If he is such a lousy coach, how the hell are they gonna get a 1 and a 2? Seems like arguing out of both sides of the mouth.

But I do see what you are saying, because I essentially see them as the same coach, at least results wise. So if the Steelers would do it, you would think the return would be the similar.
The Saints are going to get a 1 and 2 from the same ownership group that traded three players and multiple draft picks for Russell Wilson. I’d be absolutely sick if I was a Broncos fan.

oicu8ad

Reaction score
Say you have a girlfriend. She can be so ******* awesome at times, but a raving ***** and lunatic at other times. You love her, but you also can't stand her. Her good side can be really good, but her bad be really bad. Let's say it's 50-50 (or 8-8).

She motivates you and tells you what you need to hear, but doesn't help you get where you need to go in life. She'll give you wrong directions, and on the journey, if she notices that she's wrong, she'll just plow forward and tell you that you need to drive better. She only takes one route and one speed (stubborn that way) and won't adjust to the changes in weather (snow, ice, floods, heat, etc). She calls you out for things you've done wrong when she shouldn't, but when it's blatently obvious that you are wrong, she'll sit there looking at you like the deer on the side of the road does. She'll bring in a bunch of dumbass friends for the journey. Stupid ******* who can't help a bit. Then when things go wrong, she'll blame them and give you a hand job to make you forget.

You consider calling it quits, but then you think... who can I get that's better. What girl is better than my 50/50 one? And if I dump her, someone else will pick her up within minutes, so why not just ride it out.

That, my friends, is where we are with Tomlin.

He's a great guy/coach, great motivator, but at times he's a dumbass. He presses forward with his game plan whether it's right or not. No adjustments for the other team's weakness. This is what we do! He is stubborn like that. He has brought in countless dumbass friends/coaches who have no clue and are in way over their head. They end up being the fall guy. He's an average coach. 50/50.

Why get rid of him? Who is better? And if we fire him, someone else will pick him up in seconds.

See the analogy? Sometimes you just have to pull the Band-Aid off and cut that ***** loose so that you can move forward in life.

I like Tomlin as a person. He's a cool dude and great motivator, but it is time to move on (and has been since 2012).

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
9-8 at best for the foreseeable future.
When the NFL adds teams in Europe and goes to 18 games, be 9-9 bay-bee!!!
Never a losing season. Greatest coach ever.
My fear is that Shades hears the talk that he won his championship with Cowher’s team (he did) and dammit he’ll stay here until he’s 85 years old if he has to and show people he can do it on his own.
Which I totally get because I’m just as tenacious and stubborn.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Say you have a girlfriend. She can be so ******* awesome at times, but a raving ***** and lunatic at other times. You love her, but you also can't stand her. Her good side can be really good, but her bad be really bad. Let's say it's 50-50 (or 8-8).

She motivates you and tells you what you need to hear, but doesn't help you get where you need to go in life. She'll give you wrong directions, and on the journey, if she notices that she's wrong, she'll just plow forward and tell you that you need to drive better. She only takes one route and one speed (stubborn that way) and won't adjust to the changes in weather (snow, ice, floods, heat, etc). She calls you out for things you've done wrong when she shouldn't, but when it's blatently obvious that you are wrong, she'll sit there looking at you like the deer on the side of the road does. She'll bring in a bunch of dumbass friends for the journey. Stupid ******* who can't help a bit. Then when things go wrong, she'll blame them and give you a hand job to make you forget.

You consider calling it quits, but then you think... who can I get that's better. What girl is better than my 50/50 one? And if I dump her, someone else will pick her up within minutes, so why not just ride it out.

That, my friends, is where we are with Tomlin.

He's a great guy/coach, great motivator, but at times he's a dumbass. He presses forward with his game plan whether it's right or not. No adjustments for the other team's weakness. This is what we do! He is stubborn like that. He has brought in countless dumbass friends/coaches who have no clue and are in way over their head. They end up being the fall guy. He's an average coach. 50/50.

Why get rid of him? Who is better? And if we fire him, someone else will pick him up in seconds.

See the analogy? Sometimes you just have to pull the Band-Aid off and cut that ***** loose so that you can move forward in life.

I like Tomlin as a person. He's a cool dude and great motivator, but it is time to move on (and has been since 2012).
Hummm does she have big ****?

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
If he is such a lousy coach, how the hell are they gonna get a 1 and a 2? Seems like arguing out of both sides of the mouth.

But I do see what you are saying, because I essentially see them as the same coach, at least results wise. So if the Steelers would do it, you would think the return would be the similar.
I've seen this a lot lately. I don't know how many are saying Tomlin is a lousy coach. He's clearly good, but sometimes change can be good. I like him as head coach, it's just impossible to defend his coordinator hiring and his entire offensive philosophy that has this team in the stone ages compared to actual contenders in the NFL. Four years with a playoff win in 16 years as head coach for the Pittsburgh Steelers? I expect better from this franchise.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score

It's pointless to argue this point. He isn't a player. He'd have to agree. He won't and they won't. But for argument sake he is well respected and .500 is great to sone teams. But I'm with Ron. He isn't going to win another SB here this way. So if theoretically a one and two.......how fast would the ink dry?

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Art 2 operates more on Tomlin as a man than wins or losses. For us football fans. It sucks cause we wants wins.

From a social perspective it’s a celebration. And in a way I don’t blame Art because the Steelers are a popular brand and tickets and merchandise will always sell as a result.

If the losses affected the Steelers $$$ wise then we’d see the change we all want here

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I think Art 2 operates more on Tomlin as a man than wins or losses. For us football fans. It sucks cause we wants wins.

From a social perspective it’s a celebration. And in a way I don’t blame Art because the Steelers are a popular brand and tickets and merchandise will always sell as a result.

If the losses affected the Steelers $$$ wise then we’d see the change we all want here
The Steelers had TV ads advertising ticket sales. I've never seen that in my entire life.

diver

Reaction score
I've seen this a lot lately. I don't know how many are saying Tomlin is a lousy coach. He's clearly good, but sometimes change can be good. I like him as head coach, it's just impossible to defend his coordinator hiring and his entire offensive philosophy that has this team in the stone ages compared to actual contenders in the NFL. Four years with a playoff win in 16 years as head coach for the Pittsburgh Steelers? I expect better from this franchise.
I know. I was just making a point. I'm glad we aren't the ones who would be trying to work a deal for him with some team. He sucks!!! Give us a 1st and 2nd! Haha. Joking aside, I agree. He is a good coach who has run his course here. I said in a different post I could see his story being similar to Andy Reid should he leave here and take another job.

skialta

Reaction score
Art basically told as much by flat out stating that he does not evaluate Tomlin.
fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
The Steelers had TV ads advertising ticket sales. I've never seen that in my entire life.
Who's selling tickets? I thought the waiting list was 20 years long?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Somewhere there's a disconnect because you would think that a coach that's never had a losing season in 16 years would have more playoff wins.
But no, he's only won playoff games in 4 seasons out of 16.
That's why I say he's a good coach but not a great coach.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Somewhere there's a disconnect because you would think that a coach that's never had a losing season in 16 years would have more playoff wins.
And that medium is ok with Art. For some odd reason it seems the majority of fans are ok with Tomlin.

I think our way of thinking here on this forum is a low percentage. Fans who have been around long enough to see the BS. We’re more cynical of the team. Where as you argue on Facebook etc. All of a sudden you hate the Steelers for being critical of said coach, player etc.

Times a changin I guess

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I know everyone isn't on the same page with me and that is fine. I still feel he is a solid motivator and can get the players to play for him. But from an X and O perspective he just isn't great at it. So he will get as far as motivation can get you without the X and O challenges that heighten in the playoffs. What is worse is he doesn't hire people who can pick up his slack in that area. He sees to be more content with coaches that he is compatible with over great schematic minds.

A recipe for seasonal success obviously but another recipe for playoff failure....

obviously.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
And that medium is ok with Art. For some odd reason it seems the majority of fans are ok with Tomlin.

I think our way of thinking here on this forum is a low percentage. Fans who have been around long enough to see the BS. We’re more cynical of the team. Where as you argue on Facebook etc. All of a sudden you hate the Steelers for being critical of said coach, player etc.

Times a changin I guess
I don't think he cares what fans think as long as his wallet isn't lighter.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Times a changin I guess
Don't forget being called "rayciss".
Anymore on FB I just say "Cue the template" and if anyone doesn't know what that means, then **** 'em.
Template:
Black fan, for no apparent reason: "Mike Tomlin, never a losing season, greatest coach ever."
White fan: "I dunno, only 3 playoff wins in 12 years."
Black fan: "See? White people are racist."

Reactions: MTC

black and gold apex

Reaction score
When Tomlin spouts to us we are in a wining business, yet the Steeler management seems fine with a five hundred season or as this year 9-8, (when we played mediocre teams at best for seven wins. )we all get what this Rooney is about. The bottom line. Listening to explanation Of Canada staying, says we are happy with a big fan base and happy money is pouring in. we don't have to pay someone to dust anymore trophies. We don't want to compete with the top teams. Ronney loves the concept of what Tomlin is as a man and we all get that and can't dispute his character. I will give Tomlin credit for this year holding these players together. Perfect time for a change of coaching style, new young offense, which is what the league is about, score. score and score. We do not have that with this coaching staff from top to bottom.