• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Texans follow Steelers Example

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

steelhurt

Reaction score
I like this hiring as well. DeMeco did a great job with that Niners defense. Its been a while since I've seen a defense that ******* fast. Those guys were flying around Sunday. Too bad they had no QB or that wold have been a good game in Philly.
Anyway, I like this hire for our Texans Coolie.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
That guy did great things with that 49er D. I like that hiring.
I like the hiring. Question the GM and owners. They had something g going and just blew it the **** up as it was getting good. Maybe they new of the rub a dub dub.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I like this hiring as well. DeMeco did a great job with that Niners defense. Its been a while since I've seen a defense that ******* fast. Those guys were flying around Sunday. Too bad they had no QB or that wold have been a good game in Philly.
Anyway, I like this hire for our Texans Coolie.
not my Texans

**** them

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I'm excited to see what he can do as a head coach. Always liked him as a player and read nothing but good things about his time in San Francisco as DC.

Assuming the Bears keep the No. 1 pick, which QB does Ryans take?

steelhurt

Reaction score
not my Texans

**** them
Ah ****, you're in one of your moods again. What happened now? Did you forget to wash your last pair of tube socks?
Of course we're the black n' gold bleeders Coolie, but would like to see the Texans at least do something right for a change.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm excited to see what he can do as a head coach. Always liked him as a player and read nothing but good things about his time in San Francisco as DC.

One not named Young. My fearless prediction.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score

obviously Clayton Tune

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Ah ****, you're in one of your moods again. What happened now? Did you forget to wash your last pair of tube socks?
Of course we're the black n' gold bleeders Coolie, but would like to see the Texans at least do something right for a change.
nope

never liked the oilers and will never like the Texans

Living here and having a brother who is a Texan fan, having them act like the browns amuses me...

steelhurt

Reaction score
nope

never liked the oilers and will never like the Texans

Living here and having a brother who is a Texan fan, having them act like the browns amuses me...
Now I get what you're saying. I only watch one team, my boyhood team, the black n' gold and that never changes. That would be blasphemy!
I never even watch the Texans but don't want them to always be the laughingstock of the NFL like the Pirates are in MLB. They need to do something right here after that ******* idiot Bill O'brien set them back 10 years.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Now I get what you're saying. I only watch one team, my boyhood team, the black n' gold and that never changes. That would be blasphemy!
I never even watch the Texans but don't want them to always be the laughingstock of the NFL like the Pirates are in MLB. They need to do something right here after that ******* idiot Bill O'brien set them back 10 years.
obviously you don't know how much fun it is to abuse a brother who is a fan of a **** team

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin got to take over a Super Bowl winning team with a young franchise QB, great defense and a bunch of very experienced assistants. Ryans is taking over the worst team in the league with no QB and almost no talent. Plus he has to assemble a staff.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
the only thing this thread has to do with Tomlin is that he, like Cowher and Noll were young defensive coaches hired by the Steelers

just as DeMeco was a defensive coordinator prior to the Texans hiring him

this will not devolve into a Tomlin sucks thread.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No way he lasts through his 2nd year, let alone the 6 he signed for.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
No way he lasts through his 2nd year, let alone the 6 he signed for.
I give him a fighting chance, I do know that franchise is knee jerk reactors. I just think he can make a difference. We'll see..

xjx

Reaction score
Nick caserio smothered the last 2 head coaches. McNair chose him and let him do it. Will Ryan's really run the team or will nick caserio still hold an iron grip?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I give him a fighting chance, I do know that franchise is knee jerk reactors. I just think he can make a difference. We'll see..

That’s all anyone needs, a good HONEST fighting chance.

Salute the nation

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Tomlin got to take over a Super Bowl winning team with a young franchise QB, great defense and a bunch of very experienced assistants. Ryans is taking over the worst team in the league with no QB and almost no talent. Plus he has to assemble a staff.

so youre saying he will have years of mediocrity without any initial success

livingthrudying

Reaction score
I like the hiring. Question the GM and owners. They had something g going and just blew it the **** up as it was getting good. Maybe they new of the rub a dub dub.
They absolutely knew. Remember the news stories about them having the non disclosure agreements and providing the rooms for his massages?