• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sean payton traded to the Broncos

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Not a bad move, but they are hoping RW still has something. Not sure that's true.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not a bad move, but they are hoping RW still has something. Not sure that's true.

Not sure of Wilson either but one thing is for sure, they are getting a WAY better coach to try and get Russ moviN again.!!!

Salute the nation

Bluesteel

Reaction score
I kind of remember a smallish QB with a big arm doing pretty well with Payton? Wilson may have excelled multiple years in Seattle because the system and if anyone can get the most out of him, I think it would be Payton?

I was just shocked they still had any premium picks left after acquiring Wilson???

xjx

Reaction score
Peyton is over rated.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure of Wilson either but one thing is for sure, they are getting a WAY better coach to try and get Russ moviN again.!!!

Salute the nation
We really don't know much about the previous coach. He was there one year. Not like he had a life time gig, or something unbelievable.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
At least Peyton got a 6 yr deal. It will probably take the team well into 2026 to overcome the costs of Wilson and him.
Or, he's a great coach with a quick turnaround.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Payton is great? I'd say, if anything, he's slightly better than Tomlin (and I'd be over the moon to get a 1st and a 2nd for Tomlin). Payton made it to one SB in 15 years with a HOF QB in his prime. This "greatness" was accomplished in a conference where he didn't have to deal with Brady/Billicheat/the Cheatriots. Coming out of a division that includes the Falcons, Panthers, and, for the most part, the Bradyless Buccaneers. I think he'll find it's a lot tougher to win a division that includes the Chargers and Chiefs. Let alone make the playoffs in the AFC.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
no hes implying that if he is great he will be able to do more with less, given the amt. of picks given up for Russel Wilson, and for Sean Payton himself.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
no hes implying that if he is great he will be able to do more with less, given the amt. of picks given up for Russel Wilson, and for Sean Payton himself.
We kinda saw what Payton could do with less. It made him retire. Quickly.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Everyone cashes but the Steelers. Though Claypool was decent. I'm taking that all day for Tomlin. All day.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I mean Russell Wilson was thought of as a HOF qb… he was expected to finish in the top ten in passing and total offensive yards categories and top five in passer rating… but he was also expected to start three more years or so… they are hoping Payton can revitalize him…

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
We really don't know much about the previous coach. He was there one year. Not like he had a life time gig, or something unbelievable.
Normally I'd agree, but Hackett was in WAY over his head. If he was a player, I'd compare him to Kendrick Green. You hoped he'd develop, but deep down know he isn't starter (in Hackett's case, head coach) material.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
If the broncos can get away with bounty gate rocky mountain version. Then Russel’s career revitalizes

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
i don't understand how a coach is traded
They pickup the phone and negotiate. As he is still under contract. Then the one team says what they would be willing to give the other team as compensation.

😁

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Normally I'd agree, but Hackett was in WAY over his head. If he was a player, I'd compare him to Kendrick Green. You hoped he'd develop, but deep down know he isn't starter (in Hackett's case, head coach) material.

GREAT analogy, and that’s pretty mush how I interpreted him as well.

Salute the n ation