• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Draft Podcast 4/20

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been super busy with the new RV, family covid shots, and work coming back, but I'm doing a podcast on the draft tomorrow with our resident draft gurus Matt and Ben.

Let us know if you have any questions you want us to address, and you know I'll get to em, no matter how much I have to edit Supe's questions...

Show will start at 6:30pm EST if you want to watch live.

Cheers!

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey there Cope, thank you and good luck with life !!!!!

1) If LT and RB are both there and the value is near same, which position do we take. I've read both sides and I'm more OL orriented.

2) What round do you think the HILL kid will go and could he hold the fort down for us if we chose him (center 4th rnd possibly 3rd)

3) Unless a premier LT is there in rnd one I'd back off. what is our BIGGEST single need?

4) What about draft parties or get togethers specifically for the draft...... do any of you guys have those kind of plans or solo home watch ?

All good out here in the west and best wishes you way.

Salute the nation

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
If both top RBs are gone who else do you like? Is there a mid round kid you like for RB?

If Payton Turner is there in the 3/4 rounds do you take him?

With the WR additions made already, do the Steelers still draft one?

If you get a solid OT in the 1st and C/RB/CB are close in BPA for round 2...which way do you go

Late round sleepers you would like the Steelers to take a flyer on?

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Which are the top OT that you can't pass on at 1.24?

How does the top 3 RBs compare to the top RBs in last year's draft?

What CB, if any, you feel you have to pick above any RB if he is still there at 1.24?

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Can we see a pic of the RV? Will you be doing podcasts in it? Steelers usually draft for a BPA of need. What positions do you see possibly in the first? And what ones would you eliminate?

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Cope, how about some dialogue amongst you three regarding how no one, not even the national media “experts”, are talking about all of the players who opted out or didn’t play last year will be so far behind everyone else that their impact this year will be minimal at most. No OTAs, possible limited camps again, shortened pre-season. Maybe a couple will have impact as rookies, but the majority will be depth chart mannequins until thrown to the wolves against the vets. Agree/disagree?

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a DEF player that supercedes an OFF pick @ 1.24 if still on the board for the Steelers

Little late to the party but I like what you bring. Great question

Salute the nation

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Great podcast, too bad I couldn't watch it all Live

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a DEF player that supercedes an OFF pick @ 1.24 if still on the board for the Steelers
Yes. Samuel Jr, or Horn. I go elite CB over RB/OT/C, and with all the QB madness, one of them may drop into our laps.

With our problems drafting CBs, this feels like the first draft in ages, where you can grab a lock down starter, late in the 1st.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Great job on the podcast Cope!!!

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes. Samuel Jr, or Horn. I go elite CB over RB/OT/C, and with all the QB madness, one of them may drop into our laps.

With our problems drafting CBs, this feels like the first draft in ages, where you can grab a lock down starter, late in the 1st.
Caleb Farley? Or does his recent sx scare you?

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Will have to listen to it tonight while making / eating supper/ Always look forward to these

Thanks Cope and crew

Salute the nation