• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Talking heads.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Can I buy one of those pokers? Any more for sale?
I’d also like to buy 2lbs of bacon, some handcuffs, leather pants and some peyote.

For a friend. Not me

We ONLY sell BACON by the 5 lb lot. Handcuffs & pants we don't handle, Peyote is shared NOT sold.

Salute the nation

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Biggest team in nfl history, just look at the HOF to get an idea and yet they still get the small town treatment.

Najee Harris isn't even in the top 15 rookies list
In fairness, he's had 1 good rushing game. He's made some plays receiving, but it's not like he's tearing the division up.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
In fairness, he's had 1 good rushing game. He's made some plays receiving, but it's not like he's tearing the division up.
Harris is 6th in yards from scrimmage with over 600, about 70 yards ahead of the next rookie, JaMarr chase so I'd say he has being an integral part of the Offense and actually way ahead of other offensive playmakers.

diver

Reaction score
I'm old, so I remember the book about the '73 season, "Three Bricks Shy of a Load." Anyway, there was a quote by someone in there about Myron Cope. The guy said that he was eavesdropping on a conversation between Cope and Chuck Noll, and after hearing that the idea that Cope was some kind of an inside source or anything was dead to him.

Granted, Noll was notoriously tightlipped.

Still, though, these talking heads really know nothing.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm old, so I remember the book about the '73 season, "Three Bricks Shy of a Load." Anyway, there was a quote by someone in there about Myron Cope. The guy said that he was eavesdropping on a conversation between Cope and Chuck Noll, and after hearing that the idea that Cope was some kind of an inside source or anything was dead to him.

Granted, Noll was notoriously tightlipped.

Still, though, these talking heads really know nothing.

Nail hit head, hopefully talking head.

Diver, you are absolutely correct about today's talking heads. They may have a little better insight but I'd only say the actual "team" beat writer is the case. Take Aditi, she talks with players / FO / etc. so I would expect her to know a little more than the other talking head non-beat writers. One thing about Aditi is if she does report something wrong she will come back and admit mistake........ Haven't seen that trait in ANY of the talking heads.

ALSO,...................... Aditi is just an awesome person on top of all her goodness. She gave an interview to Our podcast ladies and was very open and honest through out.

Salute the nation

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Harris is 6th in yards from scrimmage with over 600, about 70 yards ahead of the next rookie, JaMarr chase so I'd say he has being an integral part of the Offense and actually way ahead of other offensive playmakers.
You know I actually read the article about how many touches he's getting. Course LevBell had the same thing going. Ya, he was right up there at the top of the league in yards, but he also had like 100 more touches than the guy that was right there with him in yards.

Look, I'm rooting for Najee. I really am. But the statistics are right there for you. Even if he's 6th in yards from scrimmage, what's his average ypp? Is THAT 6th best in the league? If so, clearly I'm completely wrong and I apologise while I eat crow.