• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bronco Billies vs Da Browns TNF game thread

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
hockey? what the **** is that? we don't play no hockey down on the Gulf coast in Texas
I'm glad that you came forward and identified the basis to your anti social behavior. Now that we have identified it, we can rectify it. You just need to move where decent people live and hockey is part of the vocabulary.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
time for Case to screw the pooch and give this game to the broncos

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
HOWE can you forget the Houston Aeros .... no reruns of the championship teams of the 70's

Good memory.. Coolio was their spokesman, after hours when he wasn't making used car commercials.

used-car-salesman.jpg

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
this game is proving why you don't invest 1st round picks or give big contract to a RB. Browns plug in their 3rd stringer and have no problem running. You build an OL and then any decent RB can have success.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
this game is proving why you don't invest 1st round picks or give big contract to a RB. Browns plug in their 3rd stringer and have no problem running. You build an OL and then any decent RB can have success.
Yep. I want Cleveland to lose this game, but I can appreciate the dominant offensive line they have out there. This nobody running back looks like a total stud out there tonight.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Yep.. Memories... I still cannot believe you were able to get it sewn back up after you jumped over the fence trying to get into the X rated drive-in.
my mom is an excellent seamstress

Reactions: JMM

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Said that all off-season…. Though Harris is a gem

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
There are only 5 RBs i would pay big money for. McCaffrey, Kamara, Saquon, Dalvin Cook and Zeke. Zeke i would not pay big money now, but a few years ago when the cowboys did pay him, it was good. Even listing those 5 you see the problem with paying a RB. Saquon and McCaffrey have missed seasons and Zeke has had injury troubles. Cook is currently hurt. GUrley went from best RB to a non factor in the blink of an eye.

These are the RBs that are true 3 down all around threats that also bring home run potential. Henry is not a factor in the passing game and I would not pay a ton of money to a RB that is on the bench if my team is down double digits.

I hope Najee becomes one of those guys but I don't think he'll ever be a big play guy.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
There are only 5 RBs i would pay big money for. McCaffrey, Kamara, Saquon, Dalvin Cook and Zeke. Zeke i would not pay big money now, but a few years ago when the cowboys did pay him, it was good. Even listing those 5 you see the problem with paying a RB. Saquon and McCaffrey have missed seasons and Zeke has had injury troubles. Cook is currently hurt. GUrley went from best RB to a non factor in the blink of an eye.

These are the RBs that are true 3 down all around threats that also bring home run potential. Henry is not a factor in the passing game and I would not pay a ton of money to a RB that is on the bench if my team is down double digits.

I hope Najee becomes one of those guys but I don't think he'll ever be a big play guy.
Just about all of those guys can bring it as a receiver. When you can get productive yardage with that many touches, you're an asset to the team...if you can stay on the field. Henry is a freak of nature and should be consider an outlier rather than a rule.

The Broncos are a bad team and had no business to losing to a Cleveland team starting Case Keenum and having that many injuries. I'd be stunned if their head coach lasts the season. I also can't believe they are wasting their time with Teddy rather than getting one last look at Lock. On top of this, I get Surtain is going to be a shutdown cornerback for a long time, but how do you pass on a potential franchise QB in Justin Fields?

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
If the Broncos evaluated Fields and think he's a bust then good for them for sticking to their board but it's going on a limb. Especially when you look at the slim pickins of this year's QB draft class. Teams plan drafts years in advance. I remember part of why the steelers took Rudolph was that they said the next year's class looked slim and they wanted a developmental QB.

Maybe Denver already decided to go all in on Rodgers next year so they wanted to go defense. They should have the skill guys with Sutton, Jeudy and Hamler plus fant and Javonte Williams. You add Rodgers to that and Denver could be contenders next year.