• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bronco Billies vs Da Browns TNF game thread

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
nah it was a great car, big long 4 door with lots of room and a great sound system
A great sound system?..Dude don't try to impress the kids here. I'm as old as you.... The best sound system in the day was a Radio Shack set of speakers. Were you sporting an 8 track or was it just AM?

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
A great sound system?..Dude don't try to impress the kids here. I'm as old as you.... The best sound system in the day was a Radio Shack set of speakers.
of course...that was the ****

it would suck by today's standards

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Hey did you have your RS speakers mounted under the dash and hidden away or mounted on 2 x 6's and screwed into the side of your car like I had in my old 68 Jeep? :afro:
my car was too classy to just screw them into the side....

• Haha
Reactions: JMM

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
I want to see a photo of the CoolMobile with it's all too classy Radio Shack speakers. Don't tell me it don't exist...
actually I don't have any pictures of that old car unless they are in my mom's old photo albums

it was beautiful battle ship gray with redish interior. I forget the size but I had 4 speakers lined up behind the back seat in the space between the seat and the back glass...they were actually stored in the trunk up against the back seats.

Hell one door weighed more than a lot of cars today

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
actually I don't have any pictures of that old car unless they are in my mom's old photo albums

it was beautiful battle ship gray with redish interior. I forget the size but I had 4 speakers lined up behind the back seat in the space between the seat and the back glass...they were actually stored in the trunk up against the back seats.

Hell one door weighed more than a lot of cars today
You need to get those old photos, Coolio, I know what you mean. I wrecked my old Jeep back in the late 80s but I saved a piece of the quarter panel.,.. It weighs about 20 pounds. Today's cars absolutely suck and most people have no idea how bad they suck. That's not a slight on the people but just where we are today...Who in 30 years is going to go to a car show and say, here is my 2010 Honda Accord... Ain't she a beaut? **** we are doomed.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Definitely not the same engine, and three speed transmission. Probably has power steering and and likely does not have a clutch cable that would break at inopportune momets, but the same body and color of my old Jeep. Just needs more rust..

Last edited:

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sorry.
It got me to college in the early 80s when I left home at 17
Black , tinted windows, sunroof ..... pulled that inline 6 banger and dropped in a V-8 ....dual exhaust ... AIWA hideaway stereo ..equalizers ...may have even had some white fur on the back dash to soften the impact and stop the rear window from blowing out

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It got me to college in the early 80s when I left home at 17
Black , tinted windows, sunroof ..... pulled that inline 6 banger and dropped in a V-8 ....dual exhaust ... AIWA hideaway stereo ..equalizers ...may have even had some white fur on the back dash to soften the impact and stop the rear window from blowing out
I hope you know by now that I'm a bullshitter and live for sarcasm.... Your story is awesome....Really. ;)

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score

Definitely not the same engine, and three speed transmission. Probably has power steering and and likely does not have a clutch cable that would break at inopportune momets, but the same body and color of my old Jeep. Just needs more rust..

My dad was a Cadillac fanatic ..... I remember the 1959 Fleetwood, 1960 Coupe Deville Convertible, 1967 El Dorado most fondly
My brother restored a 1962 Buick Wildcat and nephew did a 1959 Chevy Biscayne that they still show today

Cars are not what they used to be....

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
My dad was a Cadillac fanatic ..... I remember the 1959 Fleetwood, 1960 Coupe Deville Convertible, 1967 El Dorado most fondly
My brother restored a 1962 Buick Wildcat and nephew did a 1959 Chevy Biscayne that they still show today

Cars are not what they used to be....

hqdefault.jpg

It's a little known fact that the Buick V-6 Dauntless in the Jeepster Commando was the Wildcat's V-8 with two cylinders chopped off.

Last edited:

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

It's a little known fact that the Buick V-6 Dauntless in the Jeepster Commando was the Wildcat's V-8 with two cylinders chopped off.
I believe my brother's buick has a 400 Nailhead ........... that 67 El Dorado had a 500 in it .... loved that car,,, deep chrome green and black leather interior

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Church Works Brewery .... meteor brew?

You got it buckerU

But I don't drink so I'd just look at it as decoration, kind of like the "rock candy is for looking through" (outlaw josey wales).

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score