• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rats release Bell

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Bell was cut on a team that is in need of running backs.

He just completely checked out. I don't even follow him as I don't really care to know, but wonder if he's still trying the rap career? Steelers dodged a bullet with that one.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
What's Eddie Lacy up to, Coach?
The player I would have taken won rookie of the year. The second year he got fat, sorry I don't have access to character reports, chalk this one up and a hit and miss.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Bell is finished but the Steelers should be more active in seeking out a backup for Harris. McFarland can't even get a hat on gameday. Think about that. He can't beat out a guy who is averaging 1.7 YPC.
Which is EXACTLY why they should try to get Bell back in uniform here...he's not a starter and he's better then everyone behind Najee...

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
The player I would have taken won rookie of the year. The second year he got fat, sorry I don't have access to character reports, chalk this one up and a hit and miss.

Just giving you grief Coach. Bell just completely sputtered out for sure.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Break out the template

Not a ******* chance, he's already tried on the uni and only looked good for awhile then turned to **** for brains.

We used him properly and all up.

The last time we offered he wasn't taking league minimum.

Thanks LeVeon for the good times but C Yz........................................

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
******* hilarious! The dude totally screwed himself with the stunt he did with the Steelers. He would have gotten more money staying and would probably have wrapped up a Hall of Fame career. Instead, he's just another nobody has been. What a dumb ***!

HOF numbers durring the season because he T'aint gaining jack **** in the play offs on this or any other Tomlin team. Even durring his career he didn't get much play off experience and when he did we didn't go far.

He had near 30year old NFL useage on him when he left here. If he would have stayed he would have been totally worn out in year or two. I'm glad he walked because we'd been paying big money for very little production, think cap strappped.

Salute the nation

steelhurt

Reaction score
LevBell I hope to God you saved some money, I really do.
I enjoyed watching you play here and think you screwed up bad walking away. You could had a HOF career here and been very rich to boot but for a few bucks more, you went to NFL graveyard in Long Island.
I don’t think we want you back now! You and AB bit the hand that fed you.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Is Al Bundy still available? Everyone forgets about his 4 rushing touchdowns in a single game.

That game was at Polk High and he was used properly in that game.

The real person who played Al went on to be the last man cut at end of STEELERS training camp in 67' or 68' (can't remeber the year for sure).

Salute the nation

skialta

Reaction score
**** yea
looking forward to the the new mixtape releases
Juice is back!

6Rings

Reaction score
The sad thing is, he probably still doesn't see what he has done to his career...He has money though!

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
The real person who played Al went on to be the last man cut at end of STEELERS training camp in 67' or 68' (can't remeber the year for sure).

Great catch DIC, totally forgot about that.

Lloyds legend

Contributor
Reaction score
All jokes aside it's a shame honestly.

Dude let greed ruin his career. You can't sit out in your prime as an NFL RB. The window isn't normally that big to begin with.

You can say it was just business or however you want to label it but it was a flat out poor decision. I don't feel bad for him but I would hope others that may find themselves in the same position took note of how it played out for Bell.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The sad thing is, he probably still doesn't see what he has done to his career...He has money though!
Does he? Between his agent, his lifestyle and his seeming inability to generate an income right now, I'm not certain he's got much money left.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
That game was at Polk High and he was used properly in that game.

Salute the nation

undrafted free agent under some rookie coach.... competing with LC something and Joe mean something..

back in the summer of '69

That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
Ya - I'd always wanna be there
Those were the best days of my life

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Bell is finished but the Steelers should be more active in seeking out a backup for Harris. McFarland can't even get a hat on gameday. Think about that. He can't beat out a guy who is averaging 1.7 YPC.
I was thinking the same thing. It is disappointing. Then again, our coaches seem to not know many times who the best players are to put on the field. I am still baffled that Ray Ray, Cody and Sims are better than Miller. Maybe it's all true but I have my doubts. Maybe they will actually let Banner play this weekend. After all, he was supposed to be one of our starters.

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
All jokes aside it's a shame honestly.

Dude let greed ruin his career. You can't sit out in your prime as an NFL RB. The window isn't normally that big to begin with.

You can say it was just business or however you want to label it but it was a flat out poor decision. I don't feel bad for him but I would hope others that may find themselves in the same position took note of how it played out for Bell.
Wonder where all the talking heads are now who were saying what a savvy business move it was back then? I haven't seen one of those ***** on tv with a nice knife and fork and a full plate of crow.

Joe

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I thought Bell was one of the most overrated players ever. He put up great numbers but had a ton of touches. He was slow for an RB, but did have a little short burst at the line. I think if you put Bell at his prime on this team Najee would still have the better numbers. The line simply can't block long enough or well enough for Bells style. Even if Bell stayed with the Steelers i think he would have flamed out very quick when the line forgot how to block.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
HOF numbers durring the season because he T'aint gaining jack **** in the play offs on this or any other Tomlin team. Even durring his career he didn't get much play off experience and when he did we didn't go far.

He had near 30year old NFL useage on him when he left here. If he would have stayed he would have been totally worn out in year or two. I'm glad he walked because we'd been paying big money for very little production, think cap strappped.

Salute the nation
He had a lot of touches but don't forget he used to avoid contact like the plague. He ran out of bounds or fell down quite a lot to avoid contact.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Many rbs are washed up by 29… they take too many hits and lose the ability to process the holes quickly or lose the legs to get there… check out Todd gurley… superstar a few years back… knee issues caught up with him abd he is done at like 27

For every on adrial peterson or frank gore who play well into their 30’s tgere are probably ten or twenty rbs that will be done before they are 30… its a brutal position to play