• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers WR are the reason teams put up with divas like AB

bigben

Reaction score
Everyone on here talks **** on Brown because of his attitude and antics. Last night was why teams sign guys like Brown. He's a great football player, Talent wins, losers lose no matter how good their attitude is.
Steelers have Bums at WR, BUMS!
Atleast pittsburgh doesn't have any distractions in the locker room. happy now?
Dionte, JuJu, Claypool, Washington.
They all suck, none of them can catch, they all choke when the lights get bright.

Thanks Ben
**** you Rooneys

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone on here talks **** on Brown because of his attitude and antics. Last night was why teams sign guys like Brown. He's a great football player, Talent wins, losers lose no matter how good their attitude is.
Steelers have Bums at WR, BUMS!
Atleast pittsburgh doesn't have any distractions in the locker room. happy now?
Dionte, JuJu, Claypool, Washington.
They all suck, none of them can catch, they all choke when the lights get bright.

Thanks Ben
**** you Rooneys
Anyone that defends Antonio Brown and his antics and drama...
**** YOU

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah the headache isn’t worth the talent.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
AB does what he does because people give him a slap on the wrist no matter how bad he ***** up. Must be nice to be a celebrity.

Imagine if this was Lee Mays, Jericho Cotchery, Eli Rodgers or Ray Ray McCloud. I guarantee you they’d be let go and shunned from the nfl

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, to be fair, Chase Claypool ran hard on a play or two last night. Not REALLY hard, because it was cold dammit, but pretty hard and then waved at another pass as it sailed by.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
oh, solid point.
AB won handfuls of Super Bowl MVPs while here.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, to be fair, Chase Claypool ran hard on a play or two last night. Not REALLY hard, because it was cold dammit, but pretty hard and then waved at another pass as it sailed by.
It was cold. The air hurt his lungs

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He went way up for that pass and was only able to get one hand on it. It was 6 to 12 inches overthrown by Ben. Definitely not Claypools fault.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
DJ has to severely improve his concentration, Chase needs to work and attend a camp with some solid WR to learn how beat the jam and make contested catches with his 6"4 frame.
I won't say anything on Washington don't feel he was given a fair shot seems like from sept he was in the dog house and ray got his PT
JUJU at the right cost should be back unless you can get someone better like Allan Robinson for less. 5 years 57 is the max I would give Juju playing as 2-3 and at times a WR/TE in the slot

steelhurt

Reaction score
What exactly did we win with AB? Great player but all about his stats. This team does however need a true #1 receiver and it isn't Butterfingers Johnson.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
What exactly did we win with AB? Great player but all about his stats. This team does however need a true #1 receiver and it isn't Butterfingers Johnson.
Bragging rights in 2015

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He went way up for that pass several passes and was only able to get one hand his hands on it, but he simply could not make the catch. One pass was 6 to 12 inches overthrown by Ben. Definitely not Claypools fault he could not make a single contested catch yesterday, and stopped running on one deep route.

FIFY

Benson Dobbs

Reaction score
Anyone that defends Antonio Brown and his antics and drama...
**** YOU
If most of us are being honest here, we'd take Brown and the potential W that comes along with that over KC last night.

How many of you are seriously saying, "we might suck balls without pain-in-the-*** AB, but at least there's a better locker room atmosphere."

Lloyds legend

Contributor
Reaction score
Having AB on our team doesn't guarantee a win last night.

In fact, if he were on the team does it even guarantee that he shows up to play?

Clearly it can be argued that our WR corp needs improvement but I think before we worry about star receivers we need an OL that gives them time to work.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If most of us are being honest here, we'd take Brown and the potential W that comes along with that over KC last night.

How many of you are seriously saying, "we might suck balls without pain-in-the-*** AB, but at least there's a better locker room atmosphere."
Yep, that is exactly what I am saying. It's dumb ***** that would sell their soul for a victory that are the reason so many athletes have entitlement issues.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

I noted previously that one significant reason why teams win in today's NFL is the level of effort and desire by players. The talent difference is simply not that huge for a ton of guys in the league. Jeez, teams don't have guys who look like Wilbur Wood (an awesome lefty pitcher from the 1970's) on the roster. Most teams have at least 20 guys drafted in the first 3 rounds.

So what's the difference? Teams that win have players that hate losing more than anything in the world and refuse to give up for a play. Look at TJ Watt - you can see sometimes he is exhausted, but he continues, taking on double teams, overcoming obvious holding. Same for Harris - badly injured elbow, he is in the game, one-handed catch, not backing down.

A TON of other players just don't care that much. Let me ask - you played sports, I presume. How were you within the first 10 minutes after losing a game?

Me? I hated post-game handshakes if I had lost. ******* HATED them. I wanted to kill the guys on the other team. I hated losing so much that I cannot put it into words. I would do ANYTHING in my power to win.

Teams that place value on that facet win a lot more than teams that focus on 40 times. AB is the classic hard worker who is obsessed not with winning, but with HIS STATS. He went 8-118 for 2 TD's and the Steelers lost 38-35? He was smiling and clapping backs after the game. He went 3-32 and 0 TD's and Steelers won 21-17? He was miserable.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ben was at fault for many of those passes that were dropped. you cannot expect your receiver to catch passes when they are bouncing off their fingers and hands

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He went way up for that pass and was only able to get one hand on it. It was 6 to 12 inches overthrown by Ben. Definitely not Claypools fault.
If we're talking about the same play, the ball went through his hands. It would have been a really tough catch, but it was catchable.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

I don't know if you've noticed, but Brown hasn't had one dominant game since he left. Yes, he caught a ball in the SB, but he was absolutely not dominant and frankly he was at best the 3rd option on that Tampa team.

He just aint what he used to be. Pretty much the same with every receiver post-Steelers. I posted a thread a couple weeks ago that highlighted Brown's decline post-Pittsburgh. It is significant.

PolamaluFanForever43

Reaction score
You could make the argument that AB and his selfish attitude still to this day is impacting the WR room or even the team. That kind of **** spreads like cancer and anyone who was around him becomes infected if they allow it.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know if you've noticed, but Brown hasn't had one dominant game since he left. Yes, he caught a ball in the SB, but he was absolutely not dominant and frankly he was at best the 3rd option on that Tampa team.

He just aint what he used to be. Pretty much the same with every receiver post-Steelers. I posted a thread a couple weeks ago that highlighted Brown's decline post-Pittsburgh. It is significant.
Not sure what your definition of dominant is, but AB had 7 catches for 124 yards and 2 touchdowns against Miami earlier this season, playing 57% of the snaps.

Brown also had 3 100-yard games (out of the 7 in which he played) in 2021. Or exactly one less than DJ and Claypool had combined.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

Brown is still a playmaker, but the stats are not worth the off field headaches