• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Can Dwayne Haskins be the Steelers solution at quarterback?

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
IF he has matured with a year around some grown-ups, and IF he has decided he wants to be an NFL starting QB, and IF he puts in the off-field study required to really learn the game then he can be.

He was the most talented QB on our roster physically. The guy has a big time arm and at least a little mobility, and he's really young.

If he can rediscover what he was at Ohio State then we all know how good that would be for the Steelers.
unfortunately guys aren't going to be open in the NFL like they were at Ohio State, that's his biggest problem.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
If he can rediscover what he was at Ohio State then we all know how good that would be for the Steelers.
Problem is, playing at a school like Ohio State, all of your skill players are better than the guys they line up against most games. Sometimes, it has a tendency to make you look a whole lot better than you really are. Everybody in the NFL is pretty ******* good so you can't get away with the BS you did in college.

I don't know if Haskins will pan out or not. If history is any indicator, then I have my doubts, considering the situation in Pittsburgh at the moment isn't a whole lot better than it was when he washed out in Washington. Plus, Haskins hasn't shown a whole lot in his brief NFL career.

Personally, I don't think the Steelers are going to do much next season regardless of who the QB is with all the holes they have to fill so does it really hurt to play him and see what you have? Probably not. It'll likely be a disaster regardless.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm expecting absolutely nothing from Haskins. He'll be fighting to make the team by the end of the preseason just like last year. Hopefully, he will surprise but last year he looked good in shorts but when given the chance to start a preseason game, he was horrible. Depending on who they bring in, I expect him to be our No. 2 or No. 3 QB next year.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
While the article subtly bashes Mason for his 50/250 yard performance against the Lions, I failed to see where it also pointed out that the Lions were one of the worst run defenses in the league and the Steelers made no effort whatsoever to establish the run against them.

Pretty much just... "We don't care if they suck at THIS! We're doing THAT!"
Funny that we had an OC who would take what the other team was giving, the lovely Mrs. Haley’s husband, and he was not asked to return after his contract was up.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
No.....pass on Haskins I don't care what propaganda they are putting out there on him. Dude is not an NFL QB.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Funny that we had an OC who would take what the other team was giving, the lovely Mrs. Haley’s husband, and he was not asked to return after his contract was up.
Haley would beat an opposing D senseless when he found something that worked until they adjusted. Then he would adjust, too bad dude is a head case, but then those really smart types usually are.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Haskens should be out the door, if had improved any we may have seen him in uniform which was not the case

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Dobbs is fast but clueless on the field damn smart off the field. I keep him as the three if we don't have someone else or Haskins flames out just to be an extra coach in pads.
Dobbs would make a great QB coach IMO

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
She might be tossing and turning if no significant changes are made in the off-season. Provided she is a Steeler fan of course. Yeah there really isn't a mobile QB on the roster unless we count Dobbs. But I presume he won't make next year's roster regardless...

Possible camp arm but not after that

Salute the nation

xjx

Reaction score
Haskins is a good practice squad qb, and nothing more ( in my opinion). He has proven to be far too immature to be taking snaps for a multi-billion franchise.