• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ravens part ways with DC

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Butler might retire. Help him along...

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Last year John Harbaugh sent one of his raven assistants to his brother at Michigan to be DC. Now Jim is rumored to want an NFL job, particularly the raiders. Maybe John is going to bring back his old assistant and name him DC after he got a year of seasoning,

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin is the DC. Whoever gets the job will be a figurehead.
You're right, the only way Martindale would come to Pittsburgh is if he sat down with the Duece and Tomlin and it was agreed that he will call the shots defensively and I don't see Jr. having the balls to do that.

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
NOT a chance, have you seen our offense.......................... we beat them twice this year with our offense.

Salute the nation
We scored 33 points in regulation in two games and their secondary was destroyed by injuries not to mention they have allowed a couple good young linebackers to leave via free agency.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We scored 33 points in regulation in two games and their secondary was destroyed by injuries not to mention they have allowed a couple good young linebackers to leave via free agency.

I fully agree and think I best take my cloaking devise of my "sarcasm" sign.... :eagerness:

Salute the nation

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
I fully agree and think I best take my cloaking devise of my "sarcasm" sign.... :eagerness:

Salute the nation
I kind of figured that but I mused but that normally doesn't work so I took another sip and fired away. Oh well, should of picked up on it.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
I’m intrigued by the thought of Martindale. If Austin is promoted- I wouldn’t mind this as long as Tomlin lets him run the defense.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not a chance. We already have Tomlin's bud Teryl Austin in the house.

The Bengals have reportedly fired defensive coordinator Teryl Austin after nine games, according to ESPN's Josina Anderson.

Austin, who formerly served as the Lions defensive coordinator, was hired by Cincinnati in January. It marks the second straight season that head coach Marvin Lewis has decided to shake up his coaching staff midseason. Last year, offensive coordinator Ken Zampese was fired after only two games. Lewis is expected to assume the Bengals' defensive coordinator responsibilities.

This season, the Bengals have allowed opponents to score an average of 32 points per game, which ranks 31st in the NFL. On Sunday, they allowed the Saints to score 51 points and tally 509 total yards.

Cincinnati had given up 45 points to the Chiefs and 34 to the Buccaneers in their two games entering the contest.

628z31.jpg

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I kind of figured that but I mused but that normally doesn't work so I took another sip and fired away. Oh well, should of picked up on it.

No worries and I like the output of your post(s) along the way.

KEEP them coming !!!

Salute the nation

Last edited:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I’m intrigued by the thought of Martindale. If Austin is promoted- I wouldn’t mind this as long as Tomlin lets him run the defense.
Not a chance. That's why no quality people from outside the organization would want the job. Shades will always run the defense and any DC will be a figurehead and DC in name only. Shades doesn't want dangerous people from outside with dangerous new ideas.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I passionately hate the Ravens but prefer the way they do business and once he is off the field so he isn't being a Whinney little ***** I prefer Hairballs straightforward manner.

steelhurt

Reaction score
What KStilley said! Lost lots of starters in secondary that’s for sure.
Wink did a nice job as DC the last several seasons and wouldn’t mind having him but would be shocked to see it. I think it’s Austin’s job if Butler retires.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What KStilley said! Lost lots of starters in secondary that’s for sure.
Wink did a nice job as DC the last several seasons and wouldn’t mind having him but would be shocked to see it. I think it’s Austin’s job if Butler retires.

If he truly had control here he would be a big up grade but we know he wouldn't get meaningful control.

Salute the nation

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
Not a chance. That's why no quality people from outside the organization would want the job. Shades will always run the defense and any DC will be a figurehead and DC in name only. Shades doesn't want dangerous people from outside with dangerous new ideas.
So spot on here man... who would to come here were the Harlem clowns now teams score at will to the point they run out of fireworks? And tomlin is calling the plays but butler gets the blame? Have the Rooney’s and Tomlin no shame to lay this on Butler forcing him out??? Austin is worthless brings nothing to the table. Perfect match for “cool shades”