• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Chiefs vs Bills

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Bills should’ve put 3 DBs back 20 yards deep and used 5 others to jam the WR at the line, Chiefs never would’ve had the time to get in FG range.

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
😄 butthurt
No, it's the stupidity of some thinking that the nfl makes a kicker put the ball 1 inch outside an upright to follow a script, genius.

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Must buy Cologuard...The talking box told me to....
After I crapped in my box. I chose to take it to the UPS Store downtown so I could walk around and ask random strangers

"Do you know what I do with this"??

GI Steeler

Reaction score
No, it's the stupidity of some thinking that the nfl makes a kicker put the ball 1 inch outside an upright to follow a script, genius.
No chief, the whole game doesn't have to be scripted when game are fixed . You cant possibly be that stupid.

Even if this particular game wasnt fixed, you don't influence a game all game long with FGs hitting uprights, tipped passes and **** like that. You affect 1 or 2 plays.

Hypothetically, lets say, you could allow a team to go 50 yards untouched in 10 secs against the #1 defense in the NFL

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Allen is a stud....he won that game for Buffalo not once, but twice and their defense just gave up. I'm still trying to wrap my head around not doing a squib kick to run 5-6 seconds and only leaving them enough to run one or at most two plays with a hail mary.

Dayzd

Reaction score
I dont understand how you leave the best tight end uncovered. It seems every game he's wide open on these come from behind games. It's baffling.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
These teams are so much better then the Steelers.

Coaches to players to QBs.

We would have faked everyone out with our run run pass play calling for sure!

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Would it have been possible with 13 seconds left to have two coverage guys on Hill and Kelce and hold them on the play(s)? Take the penalty but the clock still runs right? I know I'm thinking crazy but it has to be a better solution than what the Bills did.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
No chief, the whole game doesn't have to be scripted when game are fixed . You cant possibly be that stupid.

Even if this particular game wasnt fixed, you don't influence a game all game long with FGs hitting uprights, tipped passes and **** like that. You affect 1 or 2 plays.

Hypothetically, lets say, you could allow a team to go 50 yards untouched in 10 secs against the #1 defense in the NFL
I find it funny how last week all games were blowouts. This week all games are nail biters.

I also find it funny with the super bowl being in LA this year you have the rams and chiefs in contention. I say this cause when the rams left st. Louis for LA. A bunch of Missouri people were pissed. Now you have KC step it up and a possible chance to win a SB in the city the rams went to.

And agreed. It’s one or two plays or a bunch of obvious calls or missed calls that affect the game. Too many odd intagibles

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Would it have been possible with 13 seconds left to have two coverage guys on Hill and Kelce and hold them on the play(s)? Take the penalty but the clock still runs right? I know I'm thinking crazy but it has to be a better solution than what the Bills did.
You’d figure coaches would see it. Sure we have a better vantage point from home. But these coaches and players cannot be that dumb. They make the big money to be able to see what we see.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I will like to note my youtube tv broadcast went back to American after halftime lol

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
It seems to me that teams play not to lose instead of win. Bills score with 13 seconds left. They kick the ball to say the 10 (it wasn't Hill) if the returner gets the 35. He still takes up 5 seconds. 8 seconds left.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
The Bills had three different options.

1. Force a return on the kickoff. A squib kick or a ball just short of the goal line. Either would've allowed time for one play before the field goal. I don't know if Hill was back there, but I could understand if they were worried about a big return.

2. Even after the kickoff, the Chiefs needed about 50 yards in 13 seconds. That's two plays, leaving just enough time for a field goal. Play defense. They were trying to prevent a touchdown rather than prevent a field goal. I have no clue what they were trying to do.

3. Mug Hill and Kelce at the line. If you get a penalty, who cares? The time runs as the play runs and if you jam them at the line, it's legal.

The Bills chose option 4, total prevent defense and the Chiefs didn't even have to try to get those yards that quick.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Allen is a stud....he won that game for Buffalo not once, but twice and their defense just gave up. I'm still trying to wrap my head around not doing a squib kick to run 5-6 seconds and only leaving them enough to run one or at most two plays with a hail mary.
Yep you don't end zone kick it there. Then you eat some more time off of that little time left.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score

1. Force a return on the kickoff. A squib kick or a ball just short of the goal line. Either would've allowed time for one play before the field goal. I don't know if Hill was back there, but I could understand if they were worried about a big return.

2. Even after the kickoff, the Chiefs needed about 50 yards in 13 seconds. That's two plays, leaving just enough time for a field goal. Play defense. They were trying to prevent a touchdown rather than prevent a field goal. I have no clue what they were trying to do.

3. Mug Hill and Kelce at the line. If you get a penalty, who cares? The time runs as the play runs and if you jam them at the line, it's legal.

The Bills chose option 4, total prevent defense and the Chiefs didn't even have to try to get those yards that quick.
These are the exact things I was saying after the game. If you tackle Hill and Kelce who gives a **** about 5 yards. It's 5 seconds.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score

They could’ve and should’ve done option 3. Both times

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
I dont understand how you leave the best tight end uncovered. It seems every game he's wide open on these come from behind games. It's baffling.
I don’t get it either. There are some over paid blokes in the nfl. Surely someone has to be bright enough to see it and actually put games away lol

Troglodyte

Reaction score
NFL needs to change the OT rules for playoffs. They got rid of sudden death because it wasn't fair that the team winning the toss had such ad advantage but they still do. Fatigue is such a huge factor. Buffalo absolutely wins that if they won the toss.

I understand having that rule for regular season to keep the game from going on too long but in the playoff, each team should be guaranteed a possession.
Meh, don’t want to get cheated by OT rules? Decide the game in regulation time. Bills allowed the Chiefs to tie it up down by 3 from their 25 yard line with :13 remaining. They deserve to lose.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
I think it was good to kick deep. Chiefs have dangerous return men. Just get the touchback. The problem then was that they backed way off like the Chiefs needed a TD. They gave up a free 20 yards (or whatever it was) on a simple screen to Hill. That's when it was all over. You let them get to midfield in 5 seconds.

Now all they needed was about 20 yards and they had 2 TO left.

Romo was right too about rushing Mahomes. Why? There was 8 seconds left. That ball was coming out quick because they had to save time for the FG. Mahomes isn't dumb like Dak Prescott who probably would have ran around like an *******. Mahomes knew that ball had to come out quick. He was throwing to an open guy or throwing it away immediately. Pass rush was stupid.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I feel bad for Allen he played a helluva game. Some beautiful clutch throws. Only to see his defense choke the game away.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Reporter tentatively: Sean I know it's tough but did you consider squib kicking it to give them less time. There was only 13 seconds.
Coach: We considered everything but in the end it comes down to execution and that starts with me.
Really everything comes down to execution. None of it comes down to decisions made. Is there a bullshit trying program for NFL coaches to prepare press conferences.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Stefon Diggs with a big hit right before a crucial play in the game...

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep you don't end zone kick it there. Then you eat some more time off of that little time left.

That's coaching 101 that our coach is so well known for but and I say that loudly BUT other coaches, as we see have trouble with 101 stuff too. The difference fro their coach to ours is their 101s are far less frequent than our coaches 101s.

Salute the nation