• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Next man up/ standard is the standard

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Like exactly hey. Hammer not the nail. What is the point standing there watching where he will go five yards down the field. Fill your gap. If everyone fires into the gap and sits you got a wall. I would seriously love to be in film and have Tomlin explain this.
P.S. congrats to your son. We are in the last season with our youngest. Goes by very fast. Hoping for a second city title and possibly a provincial in his second year as a starter on the Varsity squad.
Good luck with your season. My son's junior team won the city and the region last year, but the provincial didn't happen due to fucktarded schools/flu policies. His senior season starts in a couple days....

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Good luck with your season. My son's junior team won the city and the region last year, but the provincial didn't happen due to fucktarded schools/flu policies. His senior season starts in a couple days....
Sounds like a great program. Savor it. Like I said. Goes quick. My son is good enough to play next level but has my height. Thus will likely be final season.

Steelmann

Reaction score
Sounds like a great program. Savor it. Like I said. Goes quick. My son is good enough to play next level but has my height. Thus will likely be final season.
Geeeez you guys. It seems like yesterday my son played and lost I n the provincial title game. I have written about that experience on here. Didn’t matter how busy we were with work and life.....during his senior year we went to every home and away game for his rugby and football games. What a magical ride it was ,
Good luck to your boys.

Sask......my son had one of the most influential coach during his high school time. Not just in football....in life.
Coach Higgins passed away at least 8 years ago. It’s funny,I didn’t know him personally,yet I still think about what he did for those boys in life. So a shout out to Coach Brian Higgins,a man not forgotten.

Chicoman

Reaction score
The standard will be lucky if we are 2-6 by the BYE week with this offense! 23 Yards per drive....13 for 39 drives 3 & OUT.....2nd worst in the NFL right now! Defense on the field 115 minutes vs 75 minutes for the Steelers Offense. BTW here's a glimpse at Mike Tomlin's coaching tree!
pVhAW1x.jpg

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
WhoAly **** batman, 33% 3-N-out will not cut it in today's game. Landslide difference in offense / defense on the field. Alualu could be 23 years old and still be gassed with that kind of differential. Something has to change but I don't see that change needed till end of season.

YES, the O can get better but it needs a long ways to go to become relevant. A little here and a little there may keep the flys away but the bottom line is unless the scheme changes I highly doubt we will get the degree of improvement we need.

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Geeeez you guys. It seems like yesterday my son played and lost I n the provincial title game. I have written about that experience on here. Didn’t matter how busy we were with work and life.....during his senior year we went to every home and away game for his rugby and football games. What a magical ride it was ,
Good luck to your boys.

Sask......my son had one of the most influential coach during his high school time. Not just in football....in life.
Coach Higgins passed away at least 8 years ago. It’s funny,I didn’t know him personally,yet I still think about what he did for those boys in life. So a shout out to Coach Brian Higgins,a man not forgotten.
Great post. Great coaches have great impact.