• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers fans, never ever ever wish injury on players.

suncitysteel

Soli Deo Gloria
Forefather
Reaction score
Football is the current-day gladiator sport. We're the spectators, they're the participants who get paid millions to play a game. Despite that, and riches and fame aside, they're dudes with families, like us.

I vaguely recall the Darryl Stingley hit that paralyzed him for life, and Joe Theisman's injury (this weekend's Texas Tech LB injury was very reminiscent of that), and you ain't human if you didn't feel horrible for those dudes, fan or not. I vehemently dislike the Cowboys, but I remember when an Eagles defender planted Michael Irvin head first into the turf, ending Irvin's career; it didn't feel right to cheer it. To this day, I have a negative view of Irvin, but hoping for injury on anyone is cruel, harsh, and rather sadistic, if you ask me.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Does **** THEM WITH A RED HOT POKER count as wishing injury???
No as I have a sneaky suspicion lady's arse could handle that and then some.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Can I still wish Brady to get a bad outbreak of *** pimples? Thats not really an injury per se….

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
I may have been slightly guilty, not wanting Mitch actually hurt just wanted to see him miss a series or two last week just to see if Pickett would light a fire. Maybe mud in his eye. I never want a player hurt, aside from maybe wishing bodily harm on Burfect once, but frustration lead me to wanting something to get Pickett in without jeapordizing Mitches health.

NCSteelerfan

Reaction score
I don't wish or cheer injuries on any player - except when JuJu knocked Burfict on his *** and stood over him. I laughed at that one. Probably the only player I was ever happy to see get knocked the **** out.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
Once I'm good and hammered, anything goes. It might be my clothes. It might be my better judgement.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
I wished injury on Jack Tatum back in the day. More recently a Bengal or two.