• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

10 teams has inquired about trading for Russell Wilson?

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
The Athletic had a report that’s been picked up by several media folks who are actually backing up the claims. Russ isn’t happy “getting hit so much” and wants more control over the offense. You know the “Russ Cooks” moniker.

WTH is it with these players especially QBs who have signed these monster contracts, but demand a say (or rather more power) in the organization or they want out. Gheez, if you didn’t like getting hit Russ, maybe you shouldn’t have signed that contract. Or better yet just quit playing the game. The rules protect QBs more than any other player. For Gods sake players get 49% of the revenue of the game and are getting much bigger contracts in this new CBA. Wish they would shut their pie holes and just play the freaking game already.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Seems like the NFL players want some of what the NBA has in terms of movement and control. Is this the tone that AB started last year or is it something else? I read about them dismissing Wilson's ideas and him storming out of the room. That along with a list of teams he'd be willing to go to doesn't sound good for Seattle.

To Wilson's point, it's just further evidence why offensive line has to be the top priority this offseason. They get none of the glory but are such a huge part of a team's success.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
would u not complain if ur Russ he runs a 3 n cloud system until Russ started taking over calls, but Carroll has given a joke of an OL, and a inconsistent Running game.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I wished we had the inside scoop on his actual complaint instead of just what he said to the media.

Little chest's **** happened in 2019but could very well be the start of the end game for some of these divas.

One thing about the players honoring their respective contracts is that goes both ways but that is part of why the franchises front gauranteed money up front so as to keep the player in dept from quitting mid contract and have to pay back the pro-rated portion.

Contract writing needs a major overhaul but in doing so the owners would lose major control of power.

ALL drafted rookies get a 3 year gauranteed contract, Ofter year 2 complete negotiate a 1 yearly contract from there.

UDFA / walk ons including your grandma / FA (regardless of seniority) 2year gauranteed with 1 year complete negotiate yearly.

ALL phases of the contract is gauranteed and money paid per game of GAURANTEE & absolutely no one gets out of contract unless traded and recognized by both parties.. No advance, nothing.

I know there is a lot of flaw but this would help with in-season disputing etc.

Salute the nation

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
The NFL owners better lock this **** down quick. You can't let players dictate your moves. That's part of why the NBA went to ****. Losers like Lebron decided to just create super teams and it's not very competitive. Now you have NFL QBs trying to do the same. Thinking that they are essentially the GM of the team.

If a player demands a trade and you can get a shitload in return then make the deal. If not then hold the line and allow him to sit out a season if need be.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
would u not complain if ur Russ he runs a 3 n cloud system until Russ started taking over calls, but Carroll has given a joke of an OL, and a inconsistent Running game.

Recently yes, but for most of Wilson's career Seattle's OL has been one of the best and they've had a good run game. It seems ridiculous to me to demand to be traded after a bad season. I'm sure OL is their priority this offseason anyway.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Recently yes, but for most of Wilson's career Seattle's OL has been one of the best and they've had a good run game. It seems ridiculous to me to demand to be traded after a bad season. I'm sure OL is their priority this offseason anyway.
Huh?? No they havent. They were decent for his first two or three seasons in the league and have been pretty much a shitshow from that point on

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Whether the OL was shot or not shouldn’t be the issue IMO. The fact is he’s playing professional football, he’s supposed to get hit. The rules have been changed to allow him to be hit less than anyone in the game...including the kickers. Additionally, if he saw what was coming (OL deteriorating) why sign the extension? Get out of dodge and go to a team he thinks is better equipped for his services. Tape is right, the owners need to lock down this type of player narrative. Otherwise, the union just needs to have the player with the largest contract as the teams union rep.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
The Athletic had a report that’s been picked up by several media folks who are actually backing up the claims. Russ isn’t happy “getting hit so much” and wants more control over the offense. You know the “Russ Cooks” moniker.

WTH is it with these players especially QBs who have signed these monster contracts, but demand a say (or rather more power) in the organization or they want out. Gheez, if you didn’t like getting hit Russ, maybe you shouldn’t have signed that contract. Or better yet just quit playing the game. The rules protect QBs more than any other player. For Gods sake players get 49% of the revenue of the game and are getting much bigger contracts in this new CBA. Wish they would shut their pie holes and just play the freaking game already.
Yet, Ben is the one that took all that **** nationally, eventhough he never said a word. You have Wilson and Watson wanting more say, Rodgers throwing a fit because they used a first round pick on a QB, but I don't see the national guys tearing them a new one, I don't get it. Imagine if Ben said any of that ****.

Atlsteelers

Reaction score

It's always important to see that their are 4 sides to every story. The players, the team, the media & the truth. Just because the media reports something doesn't make it factual. I will say it's nothing new with QB’s voicing displeasure about a team and trying to move on to another team or not get drafted by them in general. Without knowing the context of the conversations behind closes door it makes it hard to jump to conclusions for me personally.

Reactions: MTC

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Wilson has gone diva. You keep this stuff internally. Apparently making the playoffs isn't good enough for him, he wants to be GM too. Wilson won a super bowl thanks to him having a very low rookie contract and a very good GM to spend the open cap space wisely.

If you complain about being hit too much, you throw your Offensive line under the bus, not to mention the coaches. Get rid of the ball sooner. More Seattle wine please? I hope he gets traded to the Jets. Let the bidding war between the 1-3 Watson in the playoffs who has had two grade 3 ACL injuries and Russell Wilson begin. Yes, Wilson is older, but he's durable and usually keeps his mouth shut, so I'd go with him for 3 years.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Wilson has gone diva. You keep this stuff internally. Apparently making the playoffs isn't good enough for him, he wants to be GM too. Wilson won a super bowl thanks to him having a very low rookie contract and a very good GM to spend the open cap space wisely.

If you complain about being hit too much, you throw your Offensive line under the bus, not to mention the coaches. Get rid of the ball sooner. More Seattle wine please? I hope he gets traded to the Jets. Let the bidding war between the 1-3 Watson in the playoffs who has had two grade 3 ACL injuries and Russell Wilson begin. Yes, Wilson is older, but he's durable and usually keeps his mouth shut, so I'd go with him for 3 years.

O'h boy, ................. where to start???

I'll just say _________________ ! _________________________________________,_______________________________________. ______________________________________________________________________________________"________________"________
__________.

Salute the nation

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
O'h boy, ................. where to start???

I'll just say _________________ ! _________________________________________,_______________________________________. ______________________________________________________________________________________"________________"________
__________.

Salute the nation
there's a poker of the red-hot variety in there somewhere, I just know it!

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
This just shows how good Ben has been as a teammate, even when having Mayan, Kemoeatu and a few other turnstiles in his tenure protecting him he always stood by them publicly.

A QB demanding to have GM attributes is not good for any franchise, I can understand him wanting to have an opinion, be listened by his GM on what he thinks is needed to improve since his point of view on the field I important too but from that to controlling the team's moves... Well, he gets paid to play, the other guy gets payed to manage.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
he has been sacked over 350 times Pete has done jack on and its all on Russ rolling and throw on the run which was BA system that was getting ben killed and art and dan said to mt, and bruce we can't have a guy we invested 100 mill plus take the type of hits and miss several games a year bruce wouldn't change thus why Haley was brought in.
I don't care how good some think Pete is as a motivator his play calling is so predictable almost as the late Marty and Cower during the dark days of Kordell qb era.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
For my money with the game on the line there aren't many better. Pete is a pretty easy going guy. I really cannot see the Hawks trading him and eating his 58 million dead cap hit. If it keeps up he might be on last contract there though.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
This just shows how good Ben has been as a teammate, even when having Mayan, Kemoeatu and a few other turnstiles in his tenure protecting him he always stood by them publicly.

A QB demanding to have GM attributes is not good for any franchise, I can understand him wanting to have an opinion, be listened by his GM on what he thinks is needed to improve since his point of view on the field I important too but from that to controlling the team's moves... Well, he gets paid to play, the other guy gets payed to manage.
Very good post.