• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

12-4

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Mason played fairly well today. The stupid ******* pick where he should have gotten the roughing the passer call sucked...but his throws on the last couple of drives were spot on

**** the refs for missing obvious PI calls

**** the browns **** the ******* announcer sucking them off the whole ******* game

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
His throws most of the game were good. The int should not have been allowed. He definitely looked better than last year and he had no preseason this year. Nice surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
MR looked much better today. He did not look like a deer in the headlights and he made some tight throws. Kudos to him.

Clowns might have one, but consider they had to win and pulled out all the stops. They beat us by one play with several of our starters at home in recliners. What happens when we get everyone back and are in "playoff" mode?

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
Mason played fairly well today. The stupid ******* pick where he should have gotten the roughing the passer call sucked...but his throws on the last couple of drives were spot on

**** the refs for missing obvious PI calls

**** the browns **** the ******* announcer sucking them off the whole ******* game

That hold on oly on their last drive just showed the refs weren't going to call anything on the Browns. He was flat out tackled, looked as if it was my his face mask too...

But congrats Browns, you struggled against our B team, and now get to face our A team

Frosty

Reaction score
Tomlin said in his presser that there were no significant injuries. Asked if we may see Dobbs in the playoffs, "That's a possibility."

pittbull

Contributor
Reaction score
I’m officially back on the Mason Rudolph band wagon. I think (hope) he still has a lot of upside potential.

I don’t understand...why after each of the “big” three downfield throws that Mason completed, did the Steelers immediately, on the next play, put Dobbs in. Nothing against Dobbs, but when Mason hits those big splash plays, why not let him build momentum and confidence by theming to string a few together?

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
Rudolph definitely has a sufficient combination of passing velocity and accuracy to play regularly in the NFL.

Pocket presence and awareness is still an issue, though. On the sack where he nearly fumbled, he was totally oblivious toward the pocket collapsing on him, despite holding the ball for 4+ seconds.

On the INT, he flatout panicked and threw the ball right at the DB. It was very O'Donnell-esque.

He definitely has talent, but I'm still not sure he's someone they can just hand the keys to in a year or two without competition.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
12-4 is where I thought this team could be at the start of the year. They faltered down the stretch because seemed to have began to figure things out over the past 6 quarters. I still think this offensive game plan is holding us back. Once again the first half offense was pretty blah before turning it on in the second. Pumped we are the three seed and looking forward to next week.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
My concern is that they're 1-4 in the last 5 games. Definitely backing in to the playoffs.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Mason has a nice deep ball with alot of air under it. My knock is the shorter passes seem to float at times and lack velocity. Could just be a mental thing, but overall he looked pretty good today

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
My concern is that they're 1-4 in the last 5 games. Definitely backing in to the playoffs.

I don't see it that way. They won the last game they had to win. They played tough against a team that had to win and almost pulled out a road game with lots of starters resting at home.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
We also have to dress Dobbs. His gadget plays can help.

I think they want to give the Browns something to think about this week, but I was frustrated with the way they were rotating the QBs.

It's one thing to replace Rudolph with Dobbs, but if they take Ben out of the game, I might just bust my TV.

6Lombardis

Reaction score
Barring something unusual this evening, it looks like Cleveland at home then Buffalo. Raven will play Tennessee, I’m guessing Indy and Tn win today

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I thought Rudy did a great job. Came damn close to winning the game and if the **** hits the fan and Ben gets sidelined, it was great he could shake off the rust today. Boz's replacement did a hell of a job. Highsmith is going to be a force. Holy hell how about that hit #87 put on that KR?

12-4....If you told me we'd be 12-4 at the start of the year, I'd be f'n ecstatic. Knowing we went 11-0 to end 12-4, I'm somewhat concerned going into the playoffs but hopefully this semi bye week will pay off and we roll over the f'n Stains in a meaningful game next week. Chili will be served...Anyone know what day and time the game will be?

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
I don't see it that way. They won the last game they had to win. They played tough against a team that had to win and almost pulled out a road game with lots of starters resting at home.

The Steelers haven't played a great overall game in awhile, though.

Contrast that with the Ravens and Bills who are just demolishing teams right now.

steelersfootball4life

Reaction score
MR moved around in the pocket today more than he did all last season. He was a freaking statue last year.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
We also have to dress Dobbs. His gadget plays can help.

**** those gadget plays...The first one worked for 13 yards...the rest were ****. Last tears wild cat plays. Fichtner should be fired for taking Mason off the field after most of his big plays. Simply stupid.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I was told the Ravens great play doesn't count because they're destroying bad teams.

And I was told the Ravens are a better team than last year, Maybe they are?..one thing is certain...I think we can beat them regardless.