• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2 Steelers Earn PFWA All-Rookie Team for 2021

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The 2021-22 NFL season has ended for the Pittsburgh Steelers, but they have another group of young players receiving league honors. The Pro Football Writers Association came out and revealed their list of the best rookies from this past season and two Steelers were placed on the list.

The most obvious choice was the selection of running back Najee Harris who led all rookies in rushing yards by more than 250 yards. Harris also led all rookies in rushing touchdowns as well. The most impressive stat to me is that Harris led the league in rushing attempts (301) by 100 attempts more than second place. Talk about a high volume. Certainly the most reliable rookie running back who had the most rushing attempts without a fumble during the regular season — an easy and reasonable choice.

The second choice was punter Pressley Harvin III who able to outperform all other rookies just like his teammate who was placed on he list. He led all rookie punters with 42.6 yards per punt on 70 attempts. One of the most exciting punters of the past season will have another shot next year to try and cement himself as a top tier punter.

As the Steelers move forward, there is a lot of questions surrounding the quarterback position. With the probable departure of Ben Roethlisberger, the team will be looking to find a replacement. With question marks at that position, maybe there will be more opportunities for these two players to shine.

With the rookies finishing their first season, who do you think will be the best second-year player in the NFL? Any future rookies that you think will be All-Rookie in 2022? Comment below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't have guessed Harvin would have led all rookie punters. Maybe am off-season will bring more consistency. Per his well being I hope he is doing ok. Know it has to be a rough time for him.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Also end of article states "maybe there will be more opportunities for these two players to shine."

I think there will be more than 70 opportunities for Presley to shine next year and lets hope like hell he gets his average up over 42.6.

Salute the nation

steelhurt

Reaction score
What about Muuuth? I think his name is Kyle Pitts the TE drafted first round by the Falcons. He had a nice first season so I suppose there’s my answer.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
What about Muuuth? I think his name is Kyle Pitts the TE drafted first round by the Falcons. He had a nice first season so I suppose there’s my answer.
Remember… media voted teams are just fancy popularity contests…

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Wait? What? Kendrick Greene didn't make the list?

Obviously a bunch of ******* bullshit. ;-)

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Muth led all rookie TEs with 7 TDs.