• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Pens back to not being able to score with the best player in the world and a top 10 player in the world. Truly pathetic.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
After the despres trade, lovejoy and scuderi were failing miserable, the rest of the young guys couldn't carry either like Despres and Matta had carried scuds, and the injuries were mounting... the team changed strategies... it helped the D, which had been struggling, but it utterly killed the O... from that point we are like 6-18 counting the playoffs with around 1.5 goals per game. Malkin is on like a 12 game pointless streak... Crosby went from a lead in the points race to losing it... what is more telling is that players who couldn't produce here, like winnik, are elsewhere...

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't worry folks. The brilliant addition of Phyllis will fix all those woes!

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Meh Phil kept us from being shut out thus far... if crosby would shoot a little to keep the goaltender and d honestKessel would be racking up the goals right now.... or, you know, if kunitz had anything left in the tank at all.....

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Well, on the bright side, their goal total is climbing each game. Who is the golden lottery pick this year? Anyone close to McDavid?

Spike

Reaction score
0-3, Bottom 6 outplayed top 6, by a mile

Stale, lazy, sloppy, disinterested, entitled

monkeys humping a football

Fire everyone, trade the rest

flight_npn9td.gif

Rod Farva

Reaction score
I'm not jumping off any bridges yet but.....

1. How does a team with this much talent not score a few goals a game just through blind, shithouse luck?
2. It would have to be blind, shithouse luck because there seems to be absolutely no actual plan or plays.....it's just like pick up hockey with a bunch of guys that never played together before.
3. Johnston's had his second chance and muffed it. Nice guy but see ya. And take that Despres dealin' GM with ya.

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
I never liked the hire of Johnson in the first place. Hell, I'd rather seen them hire Pierre McGuire, even though I can't stand him.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
If this keeps up he will be gone by another holiday. Halloween

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin's got nothing on Johnston when it comes to the "deer in the headlights" look.

No ****. The guy shows no passion, no emotion. Just kinda watches the game, detached from any sort of reality.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Like I said...

wake me up in March...

I just root for no major injuries until then..

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Guys it's early.
Pens are going to start mowing teams down.

Relax.

Just like I tell the Bungle fans....they don't give out the trophy until the very end. Good or bad, this part is forgotten in 30 days...

madinsomniac

Reaction score
No ****. The guy shows no passion, no emotion. Just kinda watches the game, detached from any sort of reality.

Also doesnt attend a lot of practices... never goes into the locker room with the team... not really sure what his job really is... calls plays then stares blankly at the ice. Says the right stuff then doesnt get the team to do it...

Max Power

Forefather
Reaction score
Also doesnt attend a lot of practices... never goes into the locker room with the team... not really sure what his job really is... calls plays then stares blankly at the ice. Says the right stuff then doesnt get the team to do it...

Historically the Pens have thrived in just this type of coaching system and did win a cup that way.

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Historically the Pens have thrived in just this type of coaching system and did win a cup that way.

Kinda disagree.........Badger Bob and Bowman weren't "hands off" types. Bylsma inherited a Therrien team. He did well with it but that Cup belongs to Therrien as much as Bylsma, imo. Again, IMO, part of this team's issues over the last few years has been the inmates running the asylum.

madinsomniac

Reaction score

Their three cups were with Badger Bob, who was a fairly hands on guy, Bowman, who was a drill sargent (they didn't kick him out of practice via mutiny till 93, when they got upset in the playoffs, and lastly under Bylsma, who lived in the locker room and was buddy buddy with the players... and as was already said, that first year he used Therrien's system with more flexibility than therrien allowed... MJ is more along the lines of an Olczyk, who had a boatload of knowledge, but was ignored and walked over by the vets on the team

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
2-0 lead over the leafs! Lets go Pens!

Status
Not open for further replies.