• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2015 Penguins Thread -now with 100% more Kessel and a STANLEY CUP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Rod,

I hope our boys can repeat and look to be contenders for a while now, especially with the younger guys. Idk, Tampa seems due for a cup. A lot cause I'm just enjoying this cup season right now too. It was damn tough, worth it series

Spike

Reaction score
Beau 2.0

ClLHBzmXIAA4CyZ.jpg

Pittsburgh Penguins ✔ @penguins
Daniel Sprong underwent successful shoulder surgery and will be sidelined 7-8 months.

Spike

Reaction score
Poor Ark

McKenzie: I could see upwards of a double-digit number of teams probably prepared to give Stamkos double-digit millions on 7-year contract.

Spike

Reaction score
Ballots show Crosby edged Kessel in tight Conn Smythe vote

Sidney Crosby edged Phil Kessel in what may have been the closest vote in the 51-year history of the Conn Smythe Trophy, according to ballots obtained by TSN.
(by 2 votes)

The award, established in 1965 to honour the most valuable player to his team during the Stanley Cup playoffs, is voted on by 18 members of the Professional Hockey Writers Association.

The rotating panel of 18 voters is comprised of a blend of American and Canadian national media, as well as local writers covering the two Stanley Cup finalists.

Crosby, 28, became just the third skater to win the Conn Smythe without scoring a goal in the Stanley Cup final

Kessel led the Penguins in the playoffs in goals (10), points (22) and shots (98). He does not have the defensive penalty killing responsibilities of Crosby, but Kessel was Pittsburgh’s most consistent offensive force in the postseason.

http://www.tsn.ca/ballots-show-crosb...-vote-1.508739

----------------------

“I still think Sid’s best hockey is in front of him,” Guerin said.

Why?

“Because look at the way he played,” Guerin explained. “Look at the way he put our team on his back. It was two-way hockey. It’s not just about points all the time. He played winning hockey. I think he’s going to keep getting better."

Last edited:

Rod Farva

Reaction score
Ballots show Crosby edged Kessel in tight Conn Smythe vote

Sidney Crosby edged Phil Kessel in what may have been the closest vote in the 51-year history of the Conn Smythe Trophy, according to ballots obtained by TSN.
(by 2 votes)

The award, established in 1965 to honour the most valuable player to his team during the Stanley Cup playoffs, is voted on by 18 members of the Professional Hockey Writers Association.

The rotating panel of 18 voters is comprised of a blend of American and Canadian national media, as well as local writers covering the two Stanley Cup finalists.

Crosby, 28, became just the third skater to win the Conn Smythe without scoring a goal in the Stanley Cup final

Kessel led the Penguins in the playoffs in goals (10), points (22) and shots (98). He does not have the defensive penalty killing responsibilities of Crosby, but Kessel was Pittsburgh’s most consistent offensive force in the postseason.

http://www.tsn.ca/ballots-show-crosb...-vote-1.508739

----------------------

“I still think Sid’s best hockey is in front of him,” Guerin said.

Why?

“Because look at the way he played,” Guerin explained. “Look at the way he put our team on his back. It was two-way hockey. It’s not just about points all the time. He played winning hockey. I think he’s going to keep getting better."

Such a tough call......would have liked to have seen Phil get it. Just to further **** on Toronto, but also feel like he deserved it. But I'm good with Sid's being rewarded for his two way play, toughness and above all, maturity. And I think Guerin is correct.

Spike

Reaction score
I don't hate the Sharks, or the Bolts for that matter...no time for losers

How bout mic'd up

Spike

Reaction score
Stick it to em - ha ha!

Penguins to Open 2016-17 Regular Season Against the Washington Capitals on Thursday, October 13 at CONSOL Energy Center

The Penguins will Raise Their 2016 Stanley Cup Championship Banner Prior to the Game

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=886496

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Is it about time that we start at 2016-17 NHL Offseason thread?

Steel G

Reaction score

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Guys I'd really like to have several threads for the Penguins instead of just one big one. But I'll let yinz decide. May be able to attract some new posters if there's more to comment on in a smaller thread. But up to all of you.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Guys I'd really like to have several threads for the Penguins instead of just one big one. But I'll let yinz decide. May be able to attract some new posters if there's more to comment on in a smaller thread. But up to all of you.

I think once the new season rolls around. Someone did suggest an off season thread. But agreed. I'll let the more tenured members take control and have at it

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
You could set up the other sports to include hockey, which will get started early this year because of the world tournament in September. After this international tournament, where Canada will take gold, you could have preseason, regular season, playoffs , rumors and whatever else threads.

Spike

Reaction score
You could set up the other sports to include hockey, which will get started early this year because of the world tournament in September. After this international tournament, where Canada will take gold, you could have preseason, regular season, playoffs , rumors and whatever else threads.

Canadian teams still play hockey? I though they gave up on that.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
It was interesting to read back through the entire journal. I like it as is but anyone should feel free to create an additional topic related to the Pens. I mean so long as they ain't Mexican. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.