• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2019-20 Penguins and NHL Offseason

Spike

Reaction score
sorry Charlie, soccer is done too

Premier League suspends season after Arsenal manager, Chelsea player test positive for coronavirus

Once Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta tested positive for COVID-19, it was only a matter of time.

Fewer than 24 hours after the English Premier League announced it would move ahead with matches this weekend, the league backtracked and announced it would suspend its season indefinitely.

https://sports.yahoo.com/premier-lea...120530783.html

Spike

Reaction score
Can you still get the virus going 200 mph? I think not! Rednecks don't care, they would still show up. Most televised event ever!

Fan banned from races, interest dies

the New NASCAR is boring as **** on tee-vee, just watch the last 20 laps, sponsors will be dropping out by the bushel

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Fan banned from races, interest dies

the New NASCAR is boring as **** on tee-vee, just watch the last 20 laps, sponsors will be dropping out by the bushel

I really haven't watched more than 3 races in the last 3 years. I know a handful of drivers and not any I really care about like I did 5-10 years ago.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
NASCAR sucks. Used to be pretty cool until they started with the playoffs and stage points and all of that bullshit. Not to mention, the racing is dull. Cars can't pass so you have a cluster of 35 cars going around in a circle until someone messes up and they all crash.

Pittsburgh Charlie

Forefather
Reaction score

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Missing my sports fix, and my retirement funds....I remember back in the old days when people just caught a cold or flu. Most lived, some died. That's just the way it goes and it wasn't a big deal. There probably wasn't this much of a to do when Polio was running rampant. F@#%

Last edited:

Uncle Ben

Reaction score
I'm missing my sports fix as well. Instead of watching hockey, I'm fly fishing and tying flies. We travel to fish quite a bit over the Spring and right now it's almost impossible to plan.

Both daughters are recently graduated nurses and still living at home. We're a bit nervous but have faith. I don't get the level of hysteria but I do have toilet paper and ammo to protect it :)

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm missing my sports fix as well. Instead of watching hockey, I'm fly fishing and tying flies. We travel to fish quite a bit over the Spring and right now it's almost impossible to plan.

Both daughters are recently graduated nurses and still living at home. We're a bit nervous but have faith. I don't get the level of hysteria but I do have toilet paper and ammo to protect it :)

I tie a lot. About to do some flies right now. Come on out to Wyoming and let's hit the North Platte together.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
I tie a lot. About to do some flies right now. Come on out to Wyoming and let's hit the North Platte together.

Be sure to keep your social distance while standing in the river.

I'm thinking my wife and I might live on the edge and go out to eat this weekend. This whole fn thing is ridiculous. I hope people wake up soon and get back to normalcy before its too late.

Uncle Ben

Reaction score

The miracle mile ! What an awesome fishery. I've been there 3 times and loved it. Technical enough to make you earn them. I will take you up on that. I've fished the West at least a week a year for the last 30 years.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
The miracle mile ! What an awesome fishery. I've been there 3 times and loved it. Technical enough to make you earn them. I will take you up on that. I've fished the West at least a week a year for the last 30 years.

I go to the mile from time. I usually fish out by Saratoga.

Let me know when you get out this way.

Uncle Ben

Reaction score
I go to the mile from time. I usually fish out by Saratoga.

Let me know when you get out this way.

I definitely will. The only thing we have on the book is Yellowstone mid July. We'll see if that actually happens. Still pondering an Antelope trip. So much up in the air, like my retirement account HaHa !

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I definitely will. The only thing we have on the book is Yellowstone mid July. We'll see if that actually happens. Still pondering an Antelope trip. So much up in the air, like my retirement account HaHa !

Check your PM

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Man I just watched our last 2 championship wins vs the sharks and predators. That was awesome. It's a shame out of all 5 championships,not one time have the pens ever hoisted the cup on home ice. Not that it matters, but it would be nice to see happen someday....err hopefully soon.

Anyhow I am amped from watching that. I miss Pens hockey!

Vader

Reaction score
Yea, I watched the Preds game today. Man I miss those teams. Speed and toughness. Kunitz, Cole, Daley and Bonino. Also some older guys like Cullen. I miss hockey... good hockey anyway.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Yea, I watched the Preds game today. Man I miss those teams. Speed and toughness. Kunitz, Cole, Daley and Bonino. Also some older guys like Cullen. I miss hockey... good hockey anyway.

The 2016 cup team was unreal.

2017 they could’ve taken the series over if they wanted. For some reason they chose to keep the games interesting.
Forgot how Sid was bashing Subban’s head into the ice cause he wouldn’t let go of Sid’s leg.

That Ron Hainsey goal was great too. James Neal lights up his own guy just a moment prior lol

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
And Penguins hockey is back on tv tomorrow. I have no idea what to expect,other than everyone looking like **** from the long layoff.
oh well it's something