• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

2020 draft format

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
After watching this for a couple of days, I find myself liking this years overall draft than years past. The pomp and circumstance is fun but this seems more real/personal for the prospects. I hope they kinda stick with this for future drafts. It seems used properly

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
This year did have good production. The NFL made the draft too big, IMO. ESPN still needs to do a better job breaking down prospects as we get deeper into the draft. If it's not them, NFL Network.

deljzc

Reaction score
Every year \they do way overboard on celebrating or giving honor to some cause. WAY too much Covid-19 stuff about the "front line heroes". We see that everywhere. Every newscast. Every newspaper article. Corona virus, corona virus, corona virus. We know already.

This was the ONE chance at escape from reality in about a month and the NFL ***** it up. This is the one year it should have just been about football and picks. And for christ's sake keep the picks and analysis coming and up to date. Especially on day 2 and day 3 they go on tangents or long commercial breaks and just skip over picks or make 1-2 sentence analysis. They hyperfocus on some 4th round QB pick and don't talk about any of the trench guys or DB's.

Celebrity picks are dumb too. And all those fans behind Goodell were stupid that he kept turning around and looking at. WAY too much pomp and circumstance. But I've come to expect that from the NFL no matter what.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I liked this year better as well but it's still all about the $$$$$$. Having it live like they've been doing brings in a whole lot more cash.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
On the Steelers front they can deny deny deny but we seen them go with more game tape and more what they have known over what they just discovered in regards to the prospects.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing either as I am sure they at times can talk themselves out of a good player. Just natural to overthink sometimes when you evaluate.

If you look there is a lot more last year prospects on this years selections. They usually like them a little younger. They will tell you that is just how it played out, but there is a element of the unknown that factored in on decision making.

I look forward to seeing how this process continues to unfold, as if it effects decision making when the final cuts hit.

Spike

Reaction score
I find myself liking this years overall draft than years past. I hope they kinda stick with this for future drafts. It seems used properly

I agree

We learned new things

Kliff Kingsbury stole my crib

kliff-kingsbury.jpeg

Belichick's dog makes his picks

5ea397244bca633d591abf35

Supersteeler

Reaction score
I liked it better also. Being stripped down made it more about the selections and less about the hoopla they usually stuff it with. I agree with cutting out the musical acts though, that was annoying.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I liked it also...with some minor tweak's as to be expected.

But one thing I would like to see, and maybe I'm just "old school" and starting to show my age...

But could the ******* commissioner of the most popular and lucrative sports league going in this country, as well as a guy that makes $40 million a year...
wear a ******* jacket and tie while leading the proceedings for Christ sake!?!

Have a little class and respect for your position!

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I liked it also...with some minor tweak's as to be expected.

But one thing I would like to see, and maybe I'm just "old school" and starting to show my age...

But could the ******* commissioner of the most popular and lucrative sports league going in this country, as well as a guy that makes $40 million a year...
wear a ******* jacket and tie while leading the proceedings for Christ sake!?!

Have a little class and respect for your position!

Respect from the commissioner of one of the most lucrative sports in the world has LONG left with the exit of the last commissioner. The ONLY position this current commissioner respects is on the knees, wheather it be yours (not you personally) or his...... He has raPED THIS GREAT GAME / league from the very beginning durring his hiring process as he aligned with b*b kr*ft and from there continued the underhanded stuff that loses all respect.

RED
HOT
POKER

Salute the nation

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that there was no clock in this year's format? All we got was "Steelers are on the clock" and then "Pick is in". We used to be able to watch the time tick down in each round. It felt to me that the later rounds were slower this year and I'm wondering if the NFL did it on purpose to drag the ******* thing out for revenue. I want to see the damn clock, especially when the Patriots are on the clock.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that there was no clock in this year's format? All we got was "Steelers are on the clock" and then "Pick is in". We used to be able to watch the time tick down in each round. It felt to me that the later rounds were slower this year and I'm wondering if the NFL did it on purpose to drag the ******* thing out for revenue. I want to see the damn clock, especially when the Patriots are on the clock.

the draft could have been completed in half the time. teams were picking so fast,

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw the clock on Day 1. A little on Day 2 and none on day 3

It's also a format change from 15 to 10 to 5min each day.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I don't think they ever show the clock on Day 3. For the most part the coverage is good for the first two days as you get a breakdown of every player. Too much fluff on Day 3. ESPN or NFL Network needs to step up their coverage. One station can do all the interview with the coaches or GMs, but give me a second option of learning about the late-round guys.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I don't think they ever show the clock on Day 3. For the most part the coverage is good for the first two days as you get a breakdown of every player. Too much fluff on Day 3. ESPN or NFL Network needs to step up their coverage. One station can do all the interview with the coaches or GMs, but give me a second option of learning about the late-round guys.

I'm guessing that's because the picks go so quickly after the 3rd round, they interview a GM or someone and 3 picks fly off the board.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
I saw the clock on Day 1. A little on Day 2 and none on day 3

It's also a format change from 15 to 10 to 5min each day.

Day 1 i remember seeing the clock, I can't remember seeing it on day 2, definitely not on day three. I'll pay attention more next year.

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Someone on this site mentioned this on another thread but I'll repeat it. Luke Bryant's friggin "hour long" performance during round four had me a tad pissed off. Maybe my Titos' hangover contributed to it but watching about 4 or 5 picks fly off the board during his concert had me going nuts. I could of switched channels but decided I needed self flagellation for drinking two nights in a row.