• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

911 Call from Dwayne Haskins’ Wife Reveals That Haskins’ Had Run out of Gas

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
This morning audio from a 911 call made by Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Dwayne Haskins’ wife Kalabyra Haskins was obtained by reporter Andy Slater.

During the call to 911, Mrs. Haskins tells the dispatcher that she had just been talking to her husband, but he hadn’t answered any phone calls in the last ten minutes.

“I kept calling and kept calling,” Kalabyra told the dispatch officer. “He wasn’t answering. Eventually, after 10 minutes of calling the phone, eventually it cut off. It’s not working now. I had his location. I just want somebody to go in the area and see if his car is there and if he’s OK and if anything happened to him.”
NEW: 911 audio from the morning Dwayne Haskins tragically died on a South Florida road.

One of the calls is from his concerned wife in Pittsburgh after she says she just spoke to him. pic.twitter.com/yoAWsHJbiG

— Andy Slater (@AndySlater) April 20, 2022

She keep saying in the audio that he had told her he was going to call her back, but he never did. That prompted her to call the police. Kalabrya told the dispatch officer that her husband had called her from the side of the road after the car he was traveling had run out of gas. Then he told her he was going to walk to find gas.

While Haskins was trying to travel across the busy highway he was struck and killed by a dump truck.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I can't even imagine seeing the incident or that truck driver. So sad. I really hope the man didn't suffer and it was quick. I know that's morbid to say, but that's a horrible way to go. Also, his poor, poor wife. . .

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I can't even imagine seeing the incident or that truck driver. So sad. I really hope the man didn't suffer and it was quick. I know that's morbid to say, but that's a horrible way to go. Also, his poor, poor wife. . .
I feel bad for everyone here, even the dump truck driver.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
It's just tragic all the way around.

Reactions: JMM

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope her last words on the telephone were words they both were happy to say and not something she may secretly regret.

Definately a sad deal all the way around.

Salute the nation

BamaSteeler52

Reaction score
Per medical examiner Haskins' body had alcohol levels of .20 and .24, both of which are above the legal limit in Florida of .08. According to the report, Haskins also tested positive for ketamine and norketamine, drugs...

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Per medical examiner Haskins' body had alcohol levels of .20 and .24, both of which are above the legal limit in Florida of .08. According to the report, Haskins also tested positive for ketamine and norketamine, drugs...
Man...I hope that doesn't mess up the money to take care of his family.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Not saying it's the reason Haskins had these in his system, but apparently, Ketamine is being used as a pain killer and also an antidepressant. Norketamine is also a byproduct of ketamine use.
Who knows? The .20/.24 BAC alone may have had him out of his gourd. Throw in the ketamine ... and, it's still a tragedy.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Might explain why didn’t realize he was low on gas or why he didn’t call for roadside assistance.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Man...I hope that doesn't mess up the money to take care of his family.
As long as you've paid into your life insurance for a minimum of two years it doesn't matter how you die. You can commit suicide and it will pay off.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
As long as you've paid into your life insurance for a minimum of two years it doesn't matter how you die. You can commit suicide and it will pay off.
What if the wife shoots me bc I did 8 of the 9 women that supe posted in the other section?

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
How can you have 2 different blood alcohol levels?

BamaSteeler52

Reaction score
How can you have 2 different blood alcohol levels?
From what I understand the blood is tested twice and considered the preferred standard in DUI cases... I would say the .04 is negligible.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
What if the wife shoots me bc I did 8 of the 9 women that supe posted in the other section?
As long as you've paid your policy for two years your wife will collect.

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It’s just sad to hear this information coming out, to make an absolutely awful situation even worse.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Like I've said before, gas theft is out of control in some areas… its very easy to not even think about running out of gas because you just filled up and next thing you know you are puttering…

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
It’s just sad to hear this information coming out, to make an absolutely awful situation even worse.
Conspiracy brothers are getting amped up on social media.
His blood alcohol level is phony to protect the probably white dump truck driver who hit him.
Oh yeah, it's out there.

284054360_10221045521473271_909851761382930324_n.jpg

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
As long as you've paid your policy for two years your wife will collect.

If he is doing 8 or 9 girls straight,.................... he may not have to worry about being shot by wife in order for her to collect.

'course he may just be laying there not doing any of the work................... T M I

Salute the nation