• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Aaron Rodgers Signing With The Pittsburgh Steelers Is Reportedly “Heating Up”

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd stick with what they have and maybe get a lesser-tier FA QB who can compete with Rudolph. We need 3 QB's anyway. Then I look to draft OL and DL in the 1st 2 rounds. It doesn't matter which round, just pick the BPA on your board at those 2 positions in each round and hopefully they both can start on day 1. Then go for depth at the other positions of need - CB, ILB, and OLB come to mind as other top needs. We will hopefully address CB in FA since we can't draft top CB's for ****.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
He needs validation for his vitriol against Roethlisberger and GOD knows we can't let Mike Tomlin try to coach a team WITHOUT a top tier QB. Jesus. What would happen?
We already saw what would happen in 2019.
8-8 and never a losing season, bay-bee!!!

Reactions: wig

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I don't think he will and don't want him to. It's everyone else talking about him coming here. I say, hell no. I'd rather draft a QB.
Worth noting that the Steelers haven’t gotten a good starting QB from another team since Bobby Layne. Best since then was Tomczak. All their best QB’s were drafted.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Worth noting that the Steelers haven’t gotten a good starting QB from another team since Bobby Layne. Best since then was Tomczak. All their best QB’s were drafted.
Charlie Batch pisses in your corn flakes.

Ok. I guess he was kinda a career backup while here.

LastRide

Reaction score
I heard this a while back. I hope it';s true. That would be awesome. I don't want to see the Steelers dicking around with a rookie or average QB. Even drafting a franchise QB is a long shot. Most are busts, like finding a needle in a hay stack.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Know what else is heating up? The air coming out of your ***/mouth (interchangeable it looks).

80449515d96a36829797da9202d66964.gif

What's really the "lol" is you posting some tripe from something called the daily snark. I wouldn't be against it by any measure now that I've gotten a good look at what's behind Ben, but what in the world did this piece of **** clickbait article provide that we don't already know?
I just thought it would be funny in light of all the **** people gave me in the "Report of Ben's Last Season" thread. I know it's speculation, but to get Rodgers would be amazing. We instantly become a contender if the O-line can play half way decent. We are not that with Ben, even with a good O-line.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Why would he want to come here and play behind this horrible OL? And he'll suck up enough cap money that we won't be able to improve it. And he's only two years younger than Ben. Ben sticks up for his boys, Rodgers throws his teammates under the bus all the time. One can easily picture a postgame presser with Rodgers, "The offensive line sucked and my receivers are fucktards who run the wrong routes."
Rodgers is still very mobile. He hasn't taken the punishment Ben has, plus he does a special regimen just for his legs. The only time Ben works at his legs is probably when he hears the ice cream truck coming. And Ben is also well known for throwing teammates under the bus. Remember when he blamed AB for that end zone pass that was his fault? And that's after he shares all that YAC yardage AB provided him to... again...look way better than he was.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
But... It's your position that anything more than a journeyman, mediocre QB is detrimental to any hopes of a championship.
Why you'd want a guy who's done less than Roethlisberger, but is still too talented to run your "QB for hire" offense is confusing.
No it's not....boy you guys love the straw man.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
So, I made too much spaghetti on Sunday...
If you have enough meatballs left over I can give you some screen names here so you can pass them out. They can pretend they are Ben's nuts while they hug away.:LOL:

jiminoh

Simple Idiot
Contributor
Reaction score
Why would he want to come here and play behind this horrible OL? And he'll suck up enough cap money that we won't be able to improve it. And he's only two years younger than Ben. Ben sticks up for his boys, Rodgers throws his teammates under the bus all the time. One can easily picture a postgame presser with Rodgers, "The offensive line sucked and my receivers are fucktards who run the wrong routes."

For what it would cost to acquire Rodgers, his age, personality and drama, and then imagining the pressers is enough for me to say HELL NO.

Also, he's a Packer for his entire career. A young QB from another team that doesn't cost a fortune wouldn't bother me and would be great if we can address our OL/DL needs. But, what I think doesn't matter and I know that.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
This thread was a total waste of time. Just another way gildick suck can let us know he is not a Ben fan

jiminoh

Simple Idiot
Contributor
Reaction score
If you have enough meatballs left over I can give you some screen names here so you can pass them out. They can pretend they are Ben's nuts while they hug away.:LOL:

Why do you say **** like this? Ben was a great player for many years. YOU are the one with "Sack" in your name. Like nutsack.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I will wait until a non troll thread to pimp Rodgers. :cool:

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Ben still has some gas left in the tank and proved it on Sunday. He can still lead this team. How far remains to be seen, but he deserves a lot of love from Steeler Nation. He's had a helluva career in B&G.

It's going to be a sad sad day in Steeler Nation history when Ben hangs 'em up. No matter what happens this season. And you can't discount Ben's intangibles like his will to win, his heart and his teammates' belief in him to help will them to win. He's like Rocky or Rod Tidwell (Jerry Maguire - "I'm all heart mother f*cker!").

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I just think it's funny. The crowd that constantly crows that "Ben is garbage and could be replaced by Mason or Haskins" are also firmly on the "Let's get an elite QB for when Ben retires so we can continue to get our non-losing seasons."

Basically you just want insurance so you don't have to deal with the inevitable plummet into suck that is coming after Ben retires until they eventually find another franchise QB.

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
I just think it's funny. The crowd that constantly crows that "Ben is garbage and could be replaced by Mason or Haskins" are also firmly on the "Let's get an elite QB for when Ben retires so we can continue to get our non-losing seasons."

Basically you just want insurance so you don't have to deal with the inevitable plummet into suck that is coming after Ben retires until they eventually find another franchise QB.
Mason could have made every throw that Ben made Sunday and do something Ben can't and that's scramble and run. And before you start your straw man arguments with me I didn't say Mason was better, I'm saying that's where Ben is at. At Mason's level throwing, but has the advantage of experience over Mason.