• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

According to Bell: "Ben wants to win HIS WAY": The Tale of 2 *******, Bitching.....

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
26 and his agent must have failed basic arithmetic in school as well. They took less money and will never recoup the lost money from last year. Really dumb.

All irritation with Bell aside, if he doesn't have some strong words with his manager - he's even dumber than he appears after his interview. I know the agent recommended he sign the FIRST contract, but then they changed their strategy. At some point the agent had the financial and ethical responsibility to point out to Bell that he may have been acting against his best interests.

greenleader

Reaction score
We've seen it with our own eyes time and again. I don't see why it's this forgone conclusion that they're going to suck. Anyways, I agree, they're going to come out like angry pitbulls. I'll be looking forward to some Mark Barron hits.

It's a foregone conclusion that Tomlin sucks. I expect them to get off to a slow start like they usually do.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Lets get this straight he does not like it Ben wants to win his way, you either win or you lose no in-between, Bell did not do so well when it was his turn to shine in the playoffs, Ben as usual is suppose to get in the huddle and ask Bell and Brown if the play called from the sidelines is Ok with them. I guess when Ben is being rushed and Bell misses the block and Ben gets sacked he should turn to Bell and say how sorry he was . Talk about two players that have shown hoe self important they are to the NFL, glad they are gone

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
All irritation with Bell aside, if he doesn't have some strong words with his manager - he's even dumber than he appears after his interview. I know the agent recommended he sign the FIRST contract, but then they changed their strategy. At some point the agent had the financial and ethical responsibility to point out to Bell that he may have been acting against his best interests.
He probably did to which Bell answered "pass me that joint and shut the **** up"

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Stan and Madden are literally ripping Bell and the nutso media to shreds on 970...too much win.

Good, those ******** deserve it. Chris Carter is the one national guy that isn't blaming Ben.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Why cant Bell just take the high rode and move on in life. he got what he wanted even though it wasn't as much as he wanted

Steel G

Reaction score
These two fuckwits better not be invited back to the Burgh for any type of function. They lose all of their Pittsburgh privileges. And Bell has done the impossible, as I will now root for Brady to style all over that **** green wearing team.

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score
Why cant Bell just take the high rode and move on in life. he got what he wanted even though it wasn't as much as he wanted

That's exactly why, he looks like a fool now, and he's doing this to deflect the attention away from him.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
That's exactly why, he looks like a fool now, and he's doing this to deflect the attention away from him.

agreed. he has never been accused of being the smartest NFL player, but I just didn't figure him to be this dumb. everyone knows he really ****** up.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
These two fuckwits better not be invited back to the Burgh for any type of function. They lose all of their Pittsburgh privileges. And Bell has done the impossible, as I will now root for Brady to style all over that **** green wearing team.

Let's not go that far., not in this lifetime would I..... hell no.

:lol:

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Stan and Madden are literally ripping Bell and the nutso media to shreds on 970...too much win.

Wish I got 970. It barely comes in where I live.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

Coryea

Forefather
Reaction score

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Exactly what I said in this thread yesterday, his pride is hurt so he's trying to deflect any attention onto the Steelers and away from him

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

Yep. He would have been in better shape $$$ wise if he would have signed our first long term offer after we franchised him the first time 2 years ago. And would have been in a position to sign perhaps another contract after that one was done. Everything I have been reading the Jets deal is looking worse as more details come out. Basically the only team that was in negotiations with Bell were the Jets. Bell had zero leverage. Bell lost out big time. So he will spin it everyway he can. And really at this point who cares. Everyone knows his gamble back fired.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Deebo throws some water on that "Ben is a bad teammate, not a leader" fire:

James Harrison Defends Ben Roethlisberger: ‘I Think Ben Is A Good Leader’
By Dave Bryan March 25, 2019

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has received quite a bit of criticism this offseason from several different teammates such as wide receiver Antonio Brown and running back Le’Veon Bell, and even former running back Josh Harris, who is no longer in the league as of several years ago. A lot of the criticism directed at Roethlisberger has had to do with him being accused of not being a great leader along with him seemingly possessing an “ownership mentality.” On Monday, however, former Steelers outside linebacker James Harrison stood up for Roethlisberger during two different sports talk show interviews.

First, Harrison was asked during his Monday interview on ‘Undisputed’ how much he thinks Roethlisberger is to blame for all of the Steelers problems so far this offseason.

“I don’t think a lot of the blame goes on Ben because you know, you have Antonio saying something and you have Le’Veon saying something,” Harrison said. “So, I think your opinion of a person is built on the relationship that you have with that person. So, my relationship with Ben is a good relationship. I think Ben is a good leader. That’s my opinion. To them, they may not have that same relationship and to that, saying, your lack of a relationship will build what you think, or what you perceive to be, what you’re looking at, what may not actually be what it is. So your perception is actually built from that, too. And the fact that you don’t have a more in depth relationship with that person leads you to believe that it may be something different.”

Harrison then proceeded to defend Roethlisberger against him recently being accused of being a bad leader and he explained why he thinks those accusations from Brown and Bell may have come about.

“So for them, what they’re speaking, that is their truth. For me, I think Ben is a good leader,” Harrison said. “I know Ben a little more in depth then they do, obviously, because they felt like they needed to build a better relationship with their quarterback, or their quarterback needed to build a better relationship with them. With that being said, both sides have to initiate something if you want that to go on.

“So, it’s fault on them and is fault on Ben as far as them not getting the relationship that they want. You could do something as simple as saying, ‘you know what, you don’t want to go out to the club, let’s set a dinner. Every Tuesday we get together for dinner, we sit there and we talk, we may watch film, or whatever, to try and build some type of bond or relationship.’ If that’s what it is, you feel like it’s going to help you out.”

During his Monday interview on ‘The Herd with Colin Cowherd,’ Harrison was asked if he thought Roethlisberger was a good teammate when he played with him all of those years in Pittsburgh.

“Yeah,” Harrison said. “I think it’s dependent on the relationship that you have with that person, which gives you the way you see them, or how you respond to them. And therefore, the lack of relationship, that makes it to where now you’re just going off what you perceive to be that person, because you don’t have a deeper and detailed understanding of them. As far as how you communicate with other people, or don’t communicate with people, gives them their perception of you and how you communicate with other people around there.”

Harrison then went on to address why he thinks Roethlisberger is accused of having an ownership mentality during his interview with Colin Cowherd.

“So, them saying that he has an owner’s mentality, you know, you see him talking to the head coach, the GM, the owners and a lot of guys are nervous, or think that he’s unapproachable,” Harrison said. “I came in and I was already there and when Ben came in in 2004, so I met a rookie, I met a different player. So, it was easier for me to bond with him, I guess it is than a guy that’s coming in.”

As for Roethlisberger being accused by Harris a few weeks ago of fumbling on purpose late in the teams 2014 regular season finale against the Cincinnati Bengals, Harrison was asked what his take on that is.

“You know, that’s what he believes, obviously since he stated it,” Harrison said of Harris’ claim of Roethlisberger fumbling on purpose in 2014. “I don’t see anyone going to that extreme even if the situation was as he said it was – he didn’t like what was going on, the call, whatever, and he decided to, you know, do what he did. I don’t see that. I don’t see anyone going to the extreme. Anything can happen. You know, the other team gets the ball, they could run it back – touchdown. Now you’re in a fight at the end of the game.”

Harrison was asked if he even remembers that 2014 fumble and if there was a big discussion about it after the game in the locker room.

“I don’t even remember it,” Harrison said.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Deebo deserves a participation trophy for that

When it was mentioned that Ben pulled Jaylen Samuels aside after his first NFL TD and gave him praise and some words of wisdom, James Conner immediately came to Ben's defense and said he did that all the time with him and that it is "Ridiculous that this is even a topic of conversation about a HOF QB. Leader without a doubt." Then Switzer came to his defense as well. 'Bout time fellas.

Steelin

Contributor
Reaction score
Harrison stepped up despite all of the acrimony with the Steelers. Thats called character in my book.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
AB and Bell both are trying to justify their ridiculous decisions and behavior by trying to make the team look evil.. their egos are bruised..