• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Add more Free agents or stand pat?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So we are through the first “week” of free agency and after all of the contracts hit, we are showing about 20 million dollars under the cap… but that isn’t really the case… ogunjobi signed a 9 million AAV contract that hasn’t shown up yet on cap sites, moreover 9 million more must be slotted for our draft picks…
add to that filling out the roster with low cost players that might make a little more than the scrubs currently counted in our 51 (basically right now anyone signed for over 840k, the difference comes off of the cap)

And really to make any more significant roster additions we probably need more restructuring of contracts…

So do you all think we should stop making big adds or try to add more big money players

I personally think that they should pretty much stop on larger money free agents… a million or two guy here or there, fine… but no more four and up adds… we have expensive reups coming down the pike and don’t need to be pushing too much money out for a year we aren’t likely to be favorites yet…

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
The more they fill before the draft the less they are tempted to stray from BPA.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Ones that interest me:

CJ Gardner-Johnson S -pipe dream but my dream.

Dalton Schultz TE- See above.

Rock Ya-Sin CB

Adam Thielen- WR- See option 1 and 2.

And of course Bud..

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
I say we restructure Big Ben then do our best to try and resign Troy we could use the secondary help. I also wouldn't mind kicking the tires on James Harrison if we could sign him to a cap friendly deal.

On a serious note I think we need to stand pat for now and see how the draft shakes out. But I sure do miss the days of watching those three taking the field.. sigh

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
Thilien would of been nice, Brin g Edmunds back, From the looks of the DT they have talked to on pro Days they will adress NT via the draft

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Definately would LIKE Edmunds rostered.!!!

I think the draft is what’s next for us. I sure do hope we get that stud LT in the draft, one of the big three 1st rounders.

WE NEED TO ADDRESS THE OL TRENCHES!!! Don’t forget this is an offensive league.

Salute the nation

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Ones that interest me:

CJ Gardner-Johnson S -pipe dream but my dream.

Dalton Schultz TE- See above.

Rock Ya-Sin CB

Adam Thielen- WR- See option 1 and 2.

And of course Bud..
Rock Ya-Sin.
Nice name lol

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Definately would LIKE Edmunds rostered.!!!

I think the draft is what’s next for us. I sure do hope we get that stud LT in the draft, one of the big three 1st rounders.

WE NEED TO ADDRESS THE OL TRENCHES!!! Don’t forget this is an offensive league.

Salute the nation
I think they resigned Edmunds after the draft last year? Might be wrong. He is not flashy but he is steady

ianv2012

Reaction score
This guy has TOTALLY changed Steeler fans perception of him over the years...Turned out to be a real good baller
The best thing about Edmunds is he is consistent, reliable, and always available. He's rarely if ever missed time with injury. He'll never blow up the stats line, but he's just dependable

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
The best thing about Edmunds is he is consistent, reliable, and always available. He's rarely if ever missed time with injury. He'll never blow up the stats line, but he's just dependable
100% agree. Sign a G or aa ilb before draft that has potential to start and then sign Edmunds after draft

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
With the FA signings, they are getting close to where they won't have any huge holes and can go BPA. With the Seumalo signing, OL has moved down the list although a LT or RT would be nice. CB and DL are still up there. Even Cam said they need help on the DL. That kind of says he doesn't have a lot of confidence in his current teammates. One of the big NT's sure would be nice. Possibly Mazi at 32.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Given FA additions, I'd still like to see CB/OT/DL in the first 3 pics, but feel a bit uneasy that the trade of Claypool will give them a desire to go WR much earlier than most here want. Or maybe even a TE so we can have 7 on the line for jet sweeps.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think they should sign a Guard....

National Guard / Gate Guard / Crosswalk Guard / Bank Guard / Prison Guard / ……………………

How many GUARDs do we need.?

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
National Guard / Gate Guard / Crosswalk Guard / Bank Guard / Prison Guard / ……………………

How many GUARDs do we need.?

Salute the nation
Don't be guarded we can bring them all in.😁

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't be guarded we can bring them all in.😁

JAMES HARRISON could have been any one of these, BUT he would have been a Great Prison Guard………….

Salute the nation

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Given FA additions, I'd still like to see CB/OT/DL in the first 3 pics, but feel a bit uneasy that the trade of Claypool will give them a desire to go WR much earlier than most here want. Or maybe even a TE so we can have 7 on the line for jet sweeps.
I suppose I don’t understand why so many have WR as a not a need. It’s a premium position in the NFL so a day 1 or 2 investment is a good one. The Steelers only have two right now, so a third is a need. They have four top-100 picks…maybe more come draft day.