• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Aditi Says Butler Has Not Designed or Called a Defense

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
And Dwayne Haskins is getting cut... Pass on anything she reports

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
She’s kinda cute in a annoying kinda way

bkwheat28

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing that for a second. He may be the next fall guy but at end of the day this IS professional sports and he surely isn’t that inept at his job (all jokes aside).

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I could believe this but I don't. If it's not Butler it's not Tomlin either. I've never seen him once where I thought he was actively calling a defense. You would have a call sheet and you could tell by body language if he was calling. I've never seen Tomlin look like he was actively calling.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
so is this story setting up the new scapegoat?
Butler has a one-year contract and with the defense struggling--with all of the injuries--he can be the scapegoat without the Steelers firing anyone. You know they won't dump Canada or Klemm after one season.

SojournerSteel

Reaction score
I could believe this but I don't. If it's not Butler it's not Tomlin either. I've never seen him once where I thought he was actively calling a defense. You would have a call sheet and you could tell by body language if he was calling. I've never seen Tomlin look like he was actively calling.
Tomlin’s headset may as well say “For display only.”

Not sure the Duracells have even been checked in years.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, he was a LB coach while Dick was here so when dick left, Tomlin was a defensive genius and took over from there in a share sort of way.

I think Keith Butler is way smarter about defense than some here give credit but I also thin Aditi's story is a little out of context. I think both him and Tolin share a lot of the defensive responsibilities and so he never called / designed / game planned souly by himself would be more like it.

Although Aditi is a "HIT" one must take her knowingly as a talking head beat reporter. It doesn't discredit everything she says but it does make you wonder on some of the things she says. Mike Mayock was pretty credible but he had some head scratchers as well. As for Aditi, who would leak this kind of information and actually know it to be true, Tomlin or Keith himself and that seems pointless..................................

R-U-M-O-R

Salute the nation

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Aditi is becoming a click bait *****. Every week it's some other bullshit. Would not surprise me if she's angling for a job in a "bigger" market. They eat this kinda **** up in NY.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I doubt she would just throw this story out there without any substance whatsoever. Tomlin sure doesn't seem like he is calling the D though. Would Butler leak this story out there to save face? LeBeau? Ingram? Another disgruntled ex player? I believe she got the story from somewhere if it came from someone being salty i could see it being embellished.

steelcan58

Reaction score
Aditi is becoming a click bait *****. Every week it's some other bullshit. Would not surprise me if she's angling for a job in a "bigger" market. They eat this kinda **** up in NY.
Other possibility is she's getting played like a bag of toys by someone in the Steelers organization.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Other possibility is she's getting played like a bag of toys by someone in the Steelers organization.
Orrrr the story rings true. I am not sure we can dismiss it.

Steel Reign

Custom Title
Contributor
Reaction score
Likely Butler's agent sees him being scapegoated this offseason and wants it knows that this clusterfuck is not his doing.

Pretty sure ends up working at the local Circle K either way. But, yeah, the rumors of Tomlin running the defense vs Butler have been strong since Butler took the job.

Reactions: MTC

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
A bigger market? She works for a network shown nationally.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
A bigger market? She works for a network shown nationally.
She's a small fish in that market. Would probably prefer to be a star reporter/more air time/a main cast member on one of the NFL shows at either ESPN, NFL Network or one of the other networks. It's not like being the local beat reporter is the top of the pinnacle.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
This has been a rumor for a long time… this isn’t new… well not completely new… the old rumor was they moved lebeau out to promote butler before he left for another job, but that Tomlin designed the defense and Butler called it at first then tomlin took over..

For several years the rumor is that Tomlin is calling the D

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
This "nosey" attention ho has been on Mike T's jock on numerous occasions. I don't believe a damn thing she says.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Seems this defense has been on the books for a long, long time. It gets tweaked, added to, adjusted. Certain things are emphasized, others reduced, based on who the DC is, or what the flavor of the month is. Butler was the LB coach, coached for years in this same system. When Tomlin came in, he kept LeBeau & this system in place, just tweaked it a little, but it's always been basically the same. It has roots with Dom Capers, then LeBeau put a huge imprint on it. I doubt Butler changed much of anything, frankly. And yeah, I imagine Tomlin calls most of the D and has for years. Butler and the other coaches are field generals and lieutenants.