• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Alex Highsmith....................... invisible & INVINCIBLE

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting where do you grade out Watt in the OLBer pecking order all time?

James Harrison

Jack Lampert

TJ Watt

Jack Ham

James and Jack were by far crowd favorites........

I have a lot of other LBs that i could mention but I think these are arguably tops. First 3 for sure but after that it beaimes a blurr as to how MANY great LBs the STEELERShave had.

EDIT: I didn't corilate the OLBer designation.......................

Salute the nation

Last edited:

Steel Reign

Custom Title
Contributor
Reaction score
Which would you prefer in their prime?

Watt and Highsmith or Deebo and Woodley.

Pre-contract Woodley was a beast. If I was guaranteed pre-contract Woodley I would definitely go with him and Harrison. Longterm, I think Highsmith will bring more than Woodley did, so in a long-term view it would definitely be Watt and Highsmith.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
1. James Harrison
2. TJ Watt
3. Joey Porter
4. Kevin Greene
5. Greg Lloyd
6. Jason Gildon
7. LaMarr Woodley

Just missing the list...Anthony Chickillo
You put Porter higher than some people but I loved his stretch run that one year he was really lighting it up. Liked me some Peezy.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
You put Porter higher than some people but I loved his stretch run that one year he was really lighting it up. Liked me some Peezy.
Thinking, I'd probably flip flop Greene and Lloyd. I put Porter that high because he was an all-around linebacker. He could rush the passer, stop the run, and was pretty good in coverage. He was also the vocal leader of the defense and was on the defense that allowed me witness a Steelers Super Bowl victory.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

That play-off run was un-real. Sacking Manning twice deep in their own side of field............. was perfet.!!!

Stevens sissy / *****-footing in the super bowl:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: PRICELESS

Salute the nation

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
I hear yaz but also realize that Highsmith has had little opportunity to even play in a play-off game yet alone two in one season. I hear yaz loud and clear and I was just basing my pick on Highsmith haveing a longer prime, sort of a gambler's choice.

Salute the nation
I’m wagering Highsmith will not sniff another playoff game in a Steeler uniform

Tomlin will hold us down next year too and then Alex will leave for a higher bidder having had Watt inflate his value. Ben priced us out of WRs that he made look good and now Watt will do that to the other OLB.

Bud says hi

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I think Farrior should get some consideration for top 10 at least. He was not as violent, but the guy just did everything well and was consistent. I think highsmith is just slightly above average. I would not give him big $$

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I think Farrior should get some consideration for top 10 at least. He was not as violent, but the guy just did everything well and was consistent. I think highsmith is just slightly above average. I would not give him big $$
Farrior played ILB.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
TJ WATTis a beast but, James Harrison was one as well. Currently Harrison has to be listed as the # 1 LBer of the PITTSBURGHSTEELERS all time.

I anticipate TJ Watt overtaking that spot but health will be the biggest factor. James spent a lot of $$$coin$$$ keeping his body tuned.

It's amazing the history of the PITTSBURGH STEELERS LBers. No other team can match the longevity of consistant LBers.

Salute the nation

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
If the league didn’t have a directive allowing MFers to hold Silverback without penalty it wouldn’t even be close

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If the league didn’t have a directive allowing MFers to hold Silverback without penalty it wouldn’t even be close
Holding?!?!

Left Tackles developed a new "choke hold move" to stop him!

Hell---Cops cant even do that!

Reactions: xjx

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't put Watt in the top 5. Injuries and zero playoff wins are my main reasons. The guy gives 100% on every play, but so did many others. He simply is our best player when healthy and worth every penny. I hope he gets a chance to sniff a SB at some point with the Steelers....as of now he will be lucky to sniff another playoff game.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I don't put Watt in the top 5. Injuries and zero playoff wins are my main reasons. The guy gives 100% on every play, but so did many others. He simply is our best player when healthy and worth every penny. I hope he gets a chance to sniff a SB at some point with the Steelers....as of now he will be lucky to sniff another playoff game.
Seriously? Other than Harrison, I wouldn't start any other 3-4 over Watt.