• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Alualu and Tuitt

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Alualu has already been with the team practicing. That is great to see and hopefully, he can play well again this year. We will need him especially if Tuitt doesn't play. Now, onto Tuitt. If our D is going to be dominant again, we need him and Alualu. I have no faith whatsoever Tuitt will be the same player he was if he even plays at all. If I'm the Steelers, Tuitt better be at OTA's next week or he is being designated a post-June 1st cut to save us $9 million this year. No way should they let him go past next week without showing he is in full health, good shape, and dedicated to playing this year.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The human side of me has been compassionate all along but the BUSINESS side of me has reared its teeth.

Put up or you're gone. I'm saying he best be in pretty good shape and ready for these up coming OTAs. He best be working on the "off-time" and it should show in his stamina / mental, ect..

All this and the interview with the real questions should determine his ability and fitness. Should anything be faulted, then the JUNE 1st becomes a factor.

Who can step up in his place ? Did the STEELERS do enough in the off-season to compensate for his exit? PRO-action or RE-action ?

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
As for Alualu, how much can you expect from a 35 year old coming off a season ending injury? I hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

How much has the staff prepared or are we PRO-action or RE-action.

Our past history with this coaching staff has always been RE-action and I don't expect anything different.

Salute the nation

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
The human side of me has been compassionate all along but the BUSINESS side of me has reared its teeth.

Put up or you're gone. I'm saying he best be in pretty good shape and ready for these up coming OTAs. He best be working on the "off-time" and it should show in his stamina / mental, ect..

All this and the interview with the real questions should determine his ability and fitness. Should anything be faulted, then the JUNE 1st becomes a factor.

Who can step up in his place ? Did the STEELERS do enough in the off-season to compensate for his exit? PRO-action or RE-action ?

Salute the nation
Leal is raw, he was one of the youngest draftees, it shows against the run where he lacks man strength to hold the point. I get the pass rushing moves beyond his age were the reason for his drafting but I dont see him getting playing time except for obvious passing situations.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They did nothing really to address Tuitt and his eventual departure unless they think Loudermilk will be ready. Hopefully, he takes a big jump from year 1 to 2. Adams gave the D a lift late in the season. I am hoping he can spell Alualu as I am not real impressed with Mondeaux but he could still improve as well.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The return of Alualu and a full season of Adams help the DL, no doubt, but if Tuitt is still moping and not playing, the team needs a big step forward by Loudermilk. He has the size to hold the edge against OT's and require some attention from the G, meaning the OLB gets a TE or RB. I take that every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
If Tuitt doesn't come to OTA's I'd release him before June 1. Simple as that. If you're committed show up. Otherwise it just looks like you're just trying to collect a few more big paychecks for doing absolutely nothing. Isn't fair to the men working their ***** off. Man up. Saddle up and let's go!

diver

Reaction score
They did nothing really to address Tuitt and his eventual departure unless they think Loudermilk will be ready. Hopefully, he takes a big jump from year 1 to 2. Adams gave the D a lift late in the season. I am hoping he can spell Alualu as I am not real impressed with Mondeaux but he could still improve as well.
I thought Loudermilk was solid last year and will end up being a really good player. I was surprised by him.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I have to, or would like to believe, that Tuitt and the Steelers have been in a semi-state of constant communication during this past year or so...

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Good chance Alualu/Adams/Heyward our best DL combo this year with Leal for situational pass rush and Loudermilk/Wormley as primary backups

The DL while still a huge question mark seems more capable of not crumbling from 1 injury.

Literally expecting zero from Tuitt, would
Love it if he shocked me but he seems closer to retirement than playing meaningful snaps.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I thought Loudermilk was solid last year and will end up being a really good player. I was surprised by him.
Agree, he can be a rotational player that adds way more than mondeaux

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeap I get the mental part but there's no excuse to not showing up fit
Everyone faces personal losses in their life, everyone. If Tuitt can't move on after a year and do his job, he may never be able to.
I'm on board with the June 1st deadline for him.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I actually put the deadline this coming week. If he doesn't show up for OTA's, he should definitely be designated as a post-June 1st cut. If he shows up but is completely out of shape, then you still have to question his commitment. He should be in shape and ready to go. The Steelers should have already communicated their expectations to him and being ready for OTA's (optional or not) should be step 1.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
Alualu has already been with the team practicing. That is great to see and hopefully, he can play well again this year. We will need him especially if Tuitt doesn't play. Now, onto Tuitt. If our D is going to be dominant again, we need him and Alualu. I have no faith whatsoever Tuitt will be the same player he was if he even plays at all. If I'm the Steelers, Tuitt better be at OTA's next week or he is being designated a post-June 1st cut to save us $9 million this year. No way should they let him go past next week without showing he is in full health, good shape, and dedicated to playing this year.

if Tuitt isn't ready to give it his all this coming season, then it's time to bust out the ruh-ruh-ruh-...

RED HOT P-P-POKER!!!!!!!!

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
I really think that Tuitt should have clearly communicated his commitment already. Perhaps he has, and the Steelers are aware.

I will be kinda pissed about missing a Haden-like opportunity to upgrade CB with Bradberry using Tuitt's cap money if he is going to get cut. It goes without saying that if he is not ready in every way for OTAs that he should be cut.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm, a quick Google search confirms my belief that I read that Tuitt has been in Pittsburgh, working out at the team facility, for over a month. So, what exactly is the deadline for? He's been putting in the work to come back. The only issue is what type of player will they be getting back?
The deadline and moaning about him not putting in the work, not being here or there, seems to be much ado about nothing.

livingthrudying

Reaction score

Salute the nation
We are way past being compassionate. I'm sorry the guy went thru this but you have had a year plus off now while being paid. Very few people in the world can get more than a year off and paid. Life sucks at times but you also have to pick yourself up and get going at some point. Part of the process of healing is to move on. after a point it becomes unhealthy.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm, a quick Google search confirms my belief that I read that Tuitt has been in Pittsburgh, working out at the team facility, for over a month. So, what exactly is the deadline for? He's been putting in the work to come back. The only issue is what type of player will they be getting back?
The deadline and moaning about him not putting in the work, not being here or there, seems to be much ado about nothing.
That is awesome news, and seems to have been missed here at SN

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting as my Google came up with no new information. I searched three topics and came up with nothing. Hopefully, it's true and he is at OTA'S next week. I still think he has to be.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Interesting as my Google came up with no new information. I searched three topics and came up with nothing. Hopefully, it's true and he is at OTA'S next week. I still think he has to be.
That is interesting. Any news from say a month ago, or March would technically be considered, not "new" news. Yet, my search came up with articles from local newspapers (chats n the like also) confirming that Tuitt was in town, had been working out at the facility, that Colbert/the Team were monitoring his situation and had high hopes he'd be back, etc. There's also an article from this very site that came up in my Google search that indicates Colbert has high hopes he'll be back while not exactly saying it.
I don't think Colbert is an idiot. If they didn't have some indication that Tuitt would be back, I think they would have invested more in the DL during FA and the draft.
I also think the only deadline the Steelers are looking at is the mandatory mini-camp.
We'll see how it plays out.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That is interesting. Any news from say a month ago, or March would technically be considered, not "new" news. Yet, my search came up with articles from local newspapers (chats n the like also) confirming that Tuitt was in town, had been working out at the facility, that Colbert/the Team were monitoring his situation and had high hopes he'd be back, etc. There's also an article from this very site that came up in my Google search that indicates Colbert has high hopes he'll be back while not exactly saying it.
I don't think Colbert is an idiot. If they didn't have some indication that Tuitt would be back, I think they would have invested more in the DL during FA and the draft.
I also think the only deadline the Steelers are looking at is the mandatory mini-camp.
We'll see how it plays out.
I just looked again and the only thing I saw was an article from SI (who is not reliable at all) in March. All it said was Bouchette said Tuitt was "in the building" and the Steelers said they were "optimistic" (same answer they've been giving since last year) about him playing again. I can't find anything about him practicing. None of the PG guys have any info on him being in the facility or practicing at all. I read all their chats every week.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
If I was leading the Steelers and he couldn't tell me whether he was playing I would find the most advantageous time to cut him cap wise.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I just looked again and the only thing I saw was an article from SI (who is not reliable at all) in March. All it said was Bouchette said Tuitt was "in the building" and the Steelers said they were "optimistic" (same answer they've been giving since last year) about him playing again. I can't find anything about him practicing. None of the PG guys have any info on him being in the facility or practicing at all. I read all their chats every week.
If you have a DK subscription, go back and look at Lolley's and DKs articles from the past month or so. They mention he's been spotted working out at the facility.
In any event, there's also an article on that site from Lolley on March 1 where he quotes Colbert as saying that Tuitt definitely wants to play in 2022 and wanted to play in 2021.
Again, if Colbert/the team knows they have that commitment from Tuitt, I don't see them putting a deadline of OTAs on his return. Maybe, mini-camp. Maybe. And, if he's been at the facility working out, they have every reason to believe that commitment is real.
We'll see.