• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Alualu and Tuitt

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
So let me guess, you spend 14 hours a day, 365 days a year on your job to the exclusion of all of your other life goals?

I've never taken 1 1/2 years off work so there's that.

These are human beings, not robots. Fortunately, the people in charge of the Steelers are also human beings.

Here's the thing. Dude was last on the field on January 8, 2021. By the time the season starts, it will be September 11, 2022, 21 months later.

If I were paid millions of dollars per year to do a job, and I was absent from that job for more than a year, I would probably attend pretty much every employment function available.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If he is working his *** off to be ready and not using training camp as his get in shape time then I'm good but I wish he would speak to the fan base maybe telling us about his progress and how he is ready... That would go a long way.

Or his teammates.

Or maybe his employer.

Instead, for about 1.5 years:

images

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Or his teammates.

Or maybe his employer.

Instead, for about 1.5 years:

images
Cam and AluAlu have both stated they've been talking to him (teammates).
Colbert and Tomlin have both stated they've kept in contact with him and his progress (employer).
It appears that the only people Tuitt hasn't been talking to are the media (wonder why?) and the fans. The exact two groups he has no obligation to talk to.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Colbert and Tomlin have both stated they've kept in contact with him and his progress (employer).
It appears that the only people Tuitt hasn't been talking to are the media (wonder why?) and the fans. The exact two groups he has no obligation to talk to.

Sure. Talking to them.

"Is Tuitt playing in 2022?"

Steelers: "Blah, blah, don't know, patience, blah, blah."

Alualu, Heyward: "We think he might maybe could be not certain ..."

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Sure. Talking to them.

"Is Tuitt playing in 2022?"

Steelers: "Blah, blah, don't know, patience, blah, blah."

Alualu, Heyward: "We think he might maybe could be not certain ..."
So we discount Colbert's "He wants to play this year. He wanted to play last year" statement.
It's possible that the Steelers ARE thinking of cutting him, but wanted to leave that decision to the new GM rather than Colbert. Of course, anything's possible.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Uhh, yes.

Because he didn't play last year. Or did I miss something?
Which they've indicated had a lot to do with the knee issue also.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
The fact is that Tuitt doesn't owe an explanation to the fans or the media.
And it the Steelers don't owe it to anyone to air the particulars of any discussions they've had with him.
Would it be good to know for certain as a fan? Hell yeah it would. But, they don't owe it to us.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
But as I said before, they all said the exact same thing about Tuitt last year and he took the entire season off with pay. It's still all talk from all parties. Not a single person has said they've worked out with him or saw him working out or that he is in great shape. I will say it again, the Steelers need to be setting deadlines and making demands of Tuitt if he still wants to be a part of the team. Right now, it is wishful thinking, at best, he will be anything more than a fraction of his former playing self from almost 2 years ago when he last played. Business is business and I see no way he is going to be ready and able to play anywhere near his salary. If he shows up for mandatory mini-camp and isn't in his best shape, it should be an easy decision to make him a post-June 1 cut.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
But as I said before, they all said the exact same thing about Tuitt last year and he took the entire season off with pay. It's still all talk from all parties. Not a single person has said they've worked out with him or saw him working out or that he is in great shape. I will say it again, the Steelers need to be setting deadlines and making demands of Tuitt if he still wants to be a part of the team. Right now, it is wishful thinking, at best, he will be anything more than a fraction of his former playing self from almost 2 years ago when he last played. Business is business and I see no way he is going to be ready and able to play anywhere near his salary. If he shows up for mandatory mini-camp and isn't in his best shape, it should be an easy decision to make him a post-June 1 cut.
There is no indication that they haven't set deadlines or made demands of Tuitt. There's no indication that they have. I'm of the opinion that they are under no obligation to relay that information to the press or to the fans. As I said before, we'll see how it plays out. It's really all we can do.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
******* Ron Cook in todays PPG “Tuitt had a knee injury last season. He also had to deal with the death of his brother.”

Enough with the “knee injury” bullshit. He wasn’t put on IR, it’s not why he missed the entire season. To mention it first is an attempt excuse away his absence.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
There is no indication that they haven't set deadlines or made demands of Tuitt. There's no indication that they have. I'm of the opinion that they are under no obligation to relay that information to the press or to the fans. As I said before, we'll see how it plays out. It's really all we can do.
It’s not just a personal and private decision by the team. It has cap implications. If Tuitt doesn’t play, the Steelers screwed up by not releasing him back in March.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
It’s not just a personal and private decision by the team. It has cap implications. If Tuitt doesn’t play, the Steelers screwed up by not releasing him back in March.
We have enough cap , the problem is the market, supply will be short, there won't be a highly talented 3-4 DE available

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
This is why I respect the Steeler organization.

You see their compassion on display all the time with those that are part of their "family"....

I think we all need to realize that there is alot more to Tuitt's situation that we know, and we need to trust that the Steeler organization patience with him is well justified.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I never said it was personal. It may very well be private. The team is privy to more information than us fans. What I said is that they are under no obligation to release that information until they want to.
I agree, if Tuitt doesn't play, the Steelers screwed up. That still doesn't put them under any obligation to provide us with any information until they want/have to.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The fact is that Tuitt doesn't owe an explanation to the fans or the media.

We are the customers, Buckeye. Us. We pay for everything these people get, and they get more than 99% of other working Americans and 99.99% of the world.

So yes, they owe us information about the product they are selling us. Seriously, if Hormel was selling us holiday hams for years, charging a pretty good amount for the hams, we bought the hams, made the company a lot of money, but the hams disappeared for an entire year, and the company said nothing about their product for 1.5 years, you could understand if I had no interest in their product if they suddenly announced new Christmas hams this year.

And it the Steelers don't owe it to anyone to air the particulars of any discussions they've had with him.

See above.

Would it be good to know for certain as a fan? Hell yeah it would. But, they don't owe it to us.

See above.

BamaSteeler52

Reaction score
Yes Tuitt owes fans nothing and fans don't owe him the benefit of doubt... If he is not ready to do his job, comes to camp out of shape or he is not all in mentally, well he can't be gone fast enough for me...

BamaSteeler52

Reaction score
I never said it was personal. It may very well be private. The team is privy to more information than us fans. What I said is that they are under no obligation to release that information until they want to.
I agree, if Tuitt doesn't play, the Steelers screwed up. That still doesn't put them under any obligation to provide us with any information until they want/have to.
I'm more certain that the Steelers screwed this up... If we have to sit around and defend their silence on a key member of the DL and basic simple information it can't be good. If there was something positive it would be out there.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
We are the customers, Buckeye. Us. We pay for everything these people get, and they get more than 99% of other working Americans and 99.99% of the world.

So yes, they owe us information about the product they are selling us. Seriously, if Hormel was selling us holiday hams for years, charging a pretty good amount for the hams, we bought the hams, made the company a lot of money, but the hams disappeared for an entire year, and the company said nothing about their product for 1.5 years, you could understand if I had no interest in their product if they suddenly announced new Christmas hams this year.

See above.

See above.
We ARE the customers. And all they owe us is entertainment. Not the "ins and outs" of how they operate or are handling a situation. Entertainment. Only.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm more certain that the Steelers screwed this up... If we have to sit around and defend their silence on a key member of the DL and basic simple information it can't be good. If there was something positive it would be out there.
Again, we'll see.
I'm not sitting here convinced that Tuitt will be back. I've heard rumblings, etc. that indicate he will, but, until I see him suit up, I won't be convinced. Then there's the issue of whether he'll be anything like the player he was in 2020.
Funny thing to me is that folks call him a "key" member of the DL. To me, you can't be injured as often as he has and be considered key.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Again, we'll see.
I'm not sitting here convinced that Tuitt will be back. I've heard rumblings, etc. that indicate he will, but, until I see him suit up, I won't be convinced.

That is the point of contention. Tuitt is not obligated to play, can put his degree to work, can do whatever he wants with his time. However, he should have the decency to tell the team his plans. That's all.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
That is the point of contention. Tuitt is not obligated to play, can put his degree to work, can do whatever he wants with his time. However, he should have the decency to tell the team his plans. That's all.
And that's where we agree and disagree. Who's to say he hasn't indicated his plans to the team and they have just not indicated those plans to the media/fans?

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
We have enough cap , the problem is the market, supply will be short, there won't be a highly talented 3-4 DE available
I disagree.

if Tuitt does not play this season, then he could gave been cut already, with a June cut designation AND the Steelers could have pursued, and probably signed a CB1 in Bradberry.

If Tuitt does play, wonderful!

Perhaps the FO knows all this. You would be correct in your defense of Tuitt's responsibilities.

But last season, the verbiage was very similar from both Tuitt and the Steelers and.....Tuitt's abscence was a notable hole that should have been filled before the season, retrospectively. The team had faith in the player, and the result was disappointing.

Fast forward to the present and it is at least reasonable to ask both the team and the man to account for his situation for this season. The Steelers should have...and may be......maybe they have accounted for his availability as a starter.

This thread demostrates, however, that those who care enough to call themselves Steeler Nation (years before the team did) are concerned about the lack of a simple statement, verbal or otherwise, that says "I am committed to playing football for the Steelers this season".

His being committed to studies is great, but has the eaxact same benefit to the to 2022 Steelers as Bettis' degree 16 years after retirement.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
I disagree.

if Tuitt does not play this season, then he could gave been cut already, with a June cut designation AND the Steelers could have pursued, and probably signed a CB1 in Bradberry.

If Tuitt does play, wonderful!

Perhaps the FO knows all this. You would be correct in your defense of Tuitt's responsibilities.

But last season, the verbiage was very similar from both Tuitt and the Steelers and.....Tuitt's abscence was a notable hole that should have been filled before the season, retrospectively. The team had faith in the player, and the result was disappointing.

Fast forward to the present and it is at least reasonable to ask both the team and the man to account for his situation for this season. The Steelers should have...and may be......maybe they have accounted for his availability as a starter.

This thread demostrates, however, that those who care enough to call themselves Steeler Nation (years before the team did) are concerned about the lack of a simple statement, verbal or otherwise, that says "I am committed to playing football for the Steelers this season".

His being committed to studies is great, but has the eaxact same benefit to the to 2022 Steelers as Bettis' degree 16 years after retirement.
wtf....the captioned post is NOT the one I replied too....my post was in response to Buckeye's post at 2:34pm