• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Alualu and Tuitt

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If Tuitt doesn't come to OTA's I'd release him before June 1. Simple as that. If you're committed show up. Otherwise it just looks like you're just trying to collect a few more big paychecks for doing absolutely nothing. Isn't fair to the men working their ***** off. Man up. Saddle up and let's go!

I hear what you are saying but also had heard reports of him being at ND to finish up his degree (required presence). I also think the Rooney's are well aware of that fact and have approved of it as well. I'm sure there is some urgency from the team about being in physical shape and as far as the mental part, i'd bet with this time he is good to go.

NOW he needs OTAs to remind him of plays and ini-camps to set it into his brain.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Cam and AluAlu have both stated they've been talking to him (teammates).
Colbert and Tomlin have both stated they've kept in contact with him and his progress (employer).
It appears that the only people Tuitt hasn't been talking to are the media (wonder why?) and the fans. The exact two groups he has no obligation to talk to.

So what you are saying is he (Tuitt) expects me to buy "blind" tickets in hopes of watching him play.

I'll wait with that purchase till I see full roster and I'd even venture to say TUITT will be on and active.

GREAT POST SteelBuckeye

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
wtf....the captioned post is NOT the one I replied too....my post was in response to Buckeye's post at 2:34pm

To much madicinal THC

What world or spectrum where cruising at the tie?

Salute the nation

FordFairLane

Reaction score
This is my hopes. Khan comes in this week and hands Tuitt a new contract cutting all of his salary to league minimum. Then let him earn back his salary with playing time and performance bonuses. If Tuitt doesn’t agree throw him out of the facility on his earn. If Art the piece of deuce says anything I hope Khan tells that cuck to shut his ******* mouth. Art has ****** this team up good and Colbert didn’t have the testicles to put him in his place. The team has suffered. After he shows Art who’s boss he needs to go tell coach cool shades and Canada they have one year to turn this group of ragamuffins into not only a playoff caliber team but a playoff winning team. And if they don’t win a playoff game you’re out.

He needs to show he’s the alpha and get this group of beta ******* in line.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
This is my hopes. Khan comes in this week and hands Tuitt a new contract cutting all of his salary to league minimum. Then let him earn back his salary with playing time and performance bonuses. If Tuitt doesn’t agree throw him out of the facility on his earn. If Art the piece of deuce says anything I hope Khan tells that cuck to shut his ******* mouth. Art has ****** this team up good and Colbert didn’t have the testicles to put him in his place. The team has suffered. After he shows Art who’s boss he needs to go tell coach cool shades and Canada they have one year to turn this group of ragamuffins into not only a playoff caliber team but a playoff winning team. And if they don’t win a playoff game you’re out.

The Wrath of Khan?

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

I think your confusing Kahn’s and Rooneys roles and decision rights in the organization.

Last edited:

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Sure you did. It was called 2020 and the first part of 2021...
If I didn't choose to retire at the end of 2018, I would certainly be working at the same location all through '20 and '21. Not everyone had the luxury of working in their pajamas the last two years.

As far as Tuitt goes, the silence is deafening, and my money would be on him never playing again. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
If I didn't choose to retire at the end of 2018, I would certainly be working at the same location all through '20 and '21. Not everyone had the luxury of working in their pajamas the last two years.

As far as Tuitt goes, the silence is deafening, and my money would be on him never playing again. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.
If someone was still paying me a ridiculous some of money not to work,I'd take that deal too and prolong it as long as possible.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
There is no indication that they haven't set deadlines or made demands of Tuitt. There's no indication that they have. I'm of the opinion that they are under no obligation to relay that information to the press or to the fans. As I said before, we'll see how it plays out. It's really all we can do.
I fully understand that. The perception at this point is he is not that interested in playing and won't be in the kind of shape needed by mini-camp to be anywhere near the player he was after not playing in almost 2 years. We will see come mini-camp but he needs to have a short leash and no lee-way,

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I fully understand that. The perception at this point is he is not that interested in playing and won't be in the kind of shape needed by mini-camp to be anywhere near the player he was after not playing in almost 2 years. We will see come mini-camp but he needs to have a short leash and no lee-way,
I'll agree with that. Especially since 2020 was an anomaly year for him as far as recently, where he stayed healthy long enough to actually produce.

FatsHolmes

Reaction score
The perception will be worse if they cut him and he ends up playing back to his original level for another team.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The perception will be worse if they cut him and he ends up playing back to his original level for another team.
This will be his last year as a Steeler anyway unless he takes a huge paycut. He's too unreliable to give him a 2nd huge contract like Heyward deservedly received.

Troglodyte

Reaction score

Uh, Art is the owner, he is ABOVE the GM.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
It’s not just a personal and private decision by the team. It has cap implications. If Tuitt doesn’t play, the Steelers screwed up by not releasing him back in March.
The cap implications are minute… designated june 1st cut doesn’t save them a cap hit, it just pushes that cap hit into future years… we dont need the cap space this season, so why penalize next year and lose a really good starter just to appease some pissed off fans?

The situation isn’t as cut and dry as people make it out to be.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

What's the odds of that actually happening ? Slim to none on the playing up to full potential unless you count the injury part as well. Currently he is going to make 9 + million dollars this coming season, he needs to act like it and that should have included ALL TEAM ACTIVITIES, voluntary or not.

I can see all sides of the Tuitt keep or gone decision but that fear of playing full potential for another team is pretty slim worry because what we gain in cap space will be greater than the play he has for another team. (his motivation is already in question).

Salute the nation

FatsHolmes

Reaction score
What's the odds of that actually happening ? Slim to none on the playing up to full potential unless you count the injury part as well. Currently he is going to make 9 + million dollars this coming season, he needs to act like it and that should have included ALL TEAM ACTIVITIES, voluntary or not.

I can see all sides of the Tuitt keep or gone decision but that fear of playing full potential for another team is pretty slim worry because what we gain in cap space will be greater than the play he has for another team. (his motivation is already in question).

Salute the nation
Unless he has a really good reason for missing them like finishing up his degree at Notre Dame, where he has to actually be there to do so.

I think the odds are pretty good he'll be back to where he was. And he was damned good in the last season he played.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The cap implications are minute… designated june 1st cut doesn’t save them a cap hit, it just pushes that cap hit into future years… we dont need the cap space this season, so why penalize next year and lose a really good starter just to appease some pissed off fans?

Everything I've read said if they designate him a post June 1 cut, they save around $9 million on the cap. I'm no capologist but I've read that numerous places over the past 6 months.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Everything I've read said if they designate him a post June 1 cut, they save around $9 million on the cap. I'm no capologist but I've read that numerous places over the past 6 months.
Thats what they clear this year, but post 1st cuts push a portion of the pro rated money into the next year, so it isn’t a savings, just a loan from next years cap

Writers are usually unaware of the finer points of… well everything, so they just call it all cap savings.

Last edited:

madinsomniac

Reaction score
So let me try to explain it like this

The dudes cap hit this year is a shade under 14 million bucks. The dead cap space for cutting him is a little under 10 million.

That 10 million hits the cap no matter what
A post June sixth cut just lets them move half of that into 2023 … the thing is for 4 million bucks you really aren’t finding a suitable replacement for Tuitt…

and at this point you really aren’t even seeing that quality of guy on the market… so what is the point of pushing that money to next year.. signing a scrub to replace him is going to eat up a couple million of that actual cap savings… so why not gamble that the stud will play and play well if the only real savings is going to be a million or two dollars… to us thats a lot… to them thats chump change

Troglodyte

Reaction score

Teams always need cap space. It has nothing to do with appeasing fans. And we don’t know if Tuitt even is a player let alone if he is still a good one.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
So let me try to explain it like this

The dudes cap hit this year is a shade under 14 million bucks. The dead cap space for cutting him is a little under 10 million.

That 10 million hits the cap no matter what
A post June sixth cut just lets them move half of that into 2023 … the thing is for 4 million bucks you really aren’t finding a suitable replacement for Tuitt…

and at this point you really aren’t even seeing that quality of guy on the market… so what is the point of pushing that money to next year.. signing a scrub to replace him is going to eat up a couple million of that actual cap savings… so why not gamble that the stud will play and play well if the only real savings is going to be a million or two dollars… to us thats a lot… to them that's chump change
I would cut him post June 6th. So with that 4 mil you save per cut plus 5 mil split is 9 mil to spend or not? With the way Steelers backload contracts you should be able to afford a pretty good player with that amount. Provided there is a player worth the price tag ..

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
There has been anything form Tuitt saying I can't wait to come back for the season. I don't think he wants to play anymore. Tomlin has been tight lipped about his status. Not good. Time to cut bait soon.