• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Analysis: NFL moving closer to 1st female head coach

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
But what if she looks like Coolie in drag.

I take it you have seen him that way,.......................... I'll just have to go by what you say..... good or bad

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Women don't play in the "Men's" nfl due to they would get their skull bashed in. They will only play against each other and that is very limited. They ay have a chance if they were scholars of the game but haven't heard or seen any of that nature.

SteelSask said it pretty well.

JUST to be clear, I could care less of color or gender but I do care of production and quality.

Salute the nation

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Will she be hot? If she has a nice arse and the sideline camera gets a good shot when she picks up the challenge flag. Bring her in

pittbull

Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, I think a female might be better suited to be an NFL head coach than a positional coach or college and HS. I could certainly understand the “play at that level” argument if you had to teach technique. I suspect people that played that position are most qualified to teach the intricacies of that position. But scheming, game planning, managing…I think being around the game and having a deep knowledge of the game is qualification enough.

Not a big fan of firsts, though, and I hope the Steelers aren’t the ‘first’ in this race. Because at some point, they will also be ther first team to fire a female coach…or worse yet, hang on to her too long because of the backlash firing her would create. Second is OK.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
How do you get qualified to coach something at the very highest level of competition if you have never played it at that level? To me, that is the issue.
You mean like Mike Tomlin?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Hot women as NFL head coaches. Viewership would be up.
I predict a movie will be made about this starring Corey Chase as the *cough* head *cough* coach.

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see, but I just do not see it working out.

A bunch of wealthy, 20-something meatheads are not likely to embrace some chick telling them what to do.

I suppose with the right coach it could work, but one could say that about any situation.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sweat & make up + powder room = a whole new level of being a "player's" coach.............................

Salute the nation

Troglodyte

Reaction score
Hot women as NFL head coaches. Viewership would be up.
And if anyone thinks that men wouldn’t be patient with their lack of wins, they don’t know men very well.

They could wear tube dresses and high heels with team logos which would increase merchandise sales among women.

Reactions: xjx

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I've coached with women on a number of occasions and do not have the least bit of problem deferring to someone with more knowledge. But I will say this. I'm a junior varsity coach and work closely with the senior varsity coach. I've seen him break down film, implement game plan, run coaches clinics and adjust on the fly on game day. He has done this his whole adult life after playing in university a hell of a long time ago. I find it very hard to believe there are many women on this planet that could match football wits with him. And he is a million miles away from the NFL level.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm curious if interviewing a woman for a head coaching position would count against the Rooney rule.
Only if she's white, wonder what minorities would think of that.

Which I been a minority don't care much about actually.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
So how does it work out with a woman in the Locke room around naked men? The NFL is all about no sexual conduct etc.

Just something to think about.

Stewey

Reaction score
It would be great if it was the Steelers. One of the first teams to start a black QB(Joe Gilliam), one of the first teams to hire a black head coach in the modern era. Now they could actually be THE first in hiring a woman head coach. Make it so!
Disappointed you haven't gotten the response you were looking for?

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
And if anyone thinks that men wouldn’t be patient with their lack of wins, they don’t know men very well.

They could wear tube dresses and high heels with team logos which would increase merchandise sales among women.
Depends on the future of the league. The nfl is becoming too money driven and too corporate for it’s own good. Wins and losses are more for the fan.

Players don’t care about a super bowl ring. When you’re getting an insane contract with millions of guaranteed money. Screw playing until February.

I can see the same applying to women coaches. Just draw in the demographics they usually don’t which results in newer casual fan interest and then that means more $$$

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Will she be in the locker room before and after the game?

Stewey

Reaction score
Disappointed you haven't gotten the responses you were looking for?
No answer. I figured as much.
His comment to the story was intended to bait you people into making misogynist comments.

It would be great if it was the Steelers. One of the first teams to start a black QB(Joe Gilliam), one of the first teams to hire a black head coach in the modern era. Now they could actually be THE first in hiring a woman head coach. Make it so!

"Make it so" ?
Get this woman in here only because the Steelers would be the first to hire a woman?!?!? LOL

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know man...there are some jobs that are just better held by men. You need an alpha male to deal with alpha males imo.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
How do you get qualified to coach something at the very highest level of competition if you have never played it at that level? To me, that is the issue.
It is not needed if you have the right mental acumen. I have seen plenty of good coaches who never played at a high level or at all in some cases. YOu can be a student of the game without playing.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
It is not needed if you have the right mental acumen. I have seen plenty of good coaches who never played at a high level or at all in some cases. YOu can be a student of the game without playing.
Yes if you produce. I played high school and always get a second class at city wide camps and academy to the guys who played post secondary. And to be fair it's often justified. They played for better coaches they played in big programs and practiced every day going through complex defenses and schemes for 4 or 5 years. They simply know more. I'm fine if someone is just as qualified or more. I simply find it hard to believe they are. I do not feel that way about race at all, but gender yes. No way there are more than a few women who are in the rhelm of qualified and what got them to the point of being in the rhelm was not having a penis. Get a woman basketball NBA coach. There are literally thousands more qualified then football.