• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Antonio Brown

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Antonio Brown Timeline -- Last 3 Years​

Dec. 2018: Deactivated for Steelers' Week 17 game after reportedly throwing a ball at a teammate in practice
Feb. 2019: Meets with Steelers owner Art Rooney II, says both sides agree to move on
March 2019: Traded by Steelers to Raiders for 3rd- and 5th-round picks
July 2019: Placed on non-football injury list (frostbite on feet from cryotherapy)
Aug. 2019: Missed Raiders training camp practices due to helmet grievances
Sept. 7, 2019: Released from Raiders after Instagram post asking for his release
Sept. 9, 2019: Signed 1-year deal worth up to $15M with Patriots
Sept. 10-16, 2019: Ex-trainer Britney Taylor accuses Brown of sexual assault. Sports Illustrated reports 2nd incident of sexual misconduct
Sept. 20, 2019: Released by Patriots
Jan. 22, 2020: Charged with felony burglary with battery and 2 misdemeanors for incident with moving truck company. Pleaded no contest and did not receive jail time
July 31, 2020: Suspended 8 games for multiple violations of NFL's personal conduct policy
Oct. 27, 2020: Signed 1-year contract with Buccaneers
Feb. 7, 2021: Caught 5 passes, including a TD, as the Buccaneers won Super Bowl LV
May 25, 2021: Re-signed with Buccaneers
Dec. 2, 2021: Suspended 3 games for violating NFL-NFPA COVID-19 protocols. The league and players' union found that Brown was among three players who misrepresented their vaccination statuses
Jan. 2, 2022: Took equipment off and runs off field during game at Jets. Coach Bruce Arians said "he is no longer a Buc"

ON that 8-game suspention statis NOTE that he served that suspention while NOT signed to any team. How the hell was that a legitamit suspention.? Just another Manipulation of the system to give him another chance.

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I thought one of the more shocking things was just how small he really is. You would think his skinny little body would get broken in half in that league.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Slash is 100% correct that life can be nasty, mean, brutish and short. But as slash explains, all of us face problems we need to overcome, some very significant. And I mean ALL of us. If you want to fail in life, focus on the challenges and give yourself excuses to fail. If you want to succeed, focus on the challenges you overcame and refuse to fail. It really is that simple.

I think AB's situation is testament to the fact that character plays a MUCH bigger role in how well a player does and how well teams overall do than we give credit. Do we think Jerry Rice was the best WR in NFL history because of how fast he ran, or how big he was? Do we think Najee Harris is going to be a great NFL player (God willing) because of his 40 time? Do we think Cooper Kupp is an incredible WR because of HIS 40 time? On the other hand, the list of physically gifted players who were terrible professional players in the league is very, very long.

Antonio Brown was once one of the hardest-working players in the game. His workout videos are incredible. He worked and worked and worked. But that "boo-hoo, poor me" demon caught up with him.

str8liner

Reaction score
I thought one of the more shocking things was just how small he really is. You would think his skinny little body would get broken in half in that league.

I remember when he first came into the league with the young money how quiet, humble and shy he seemed in some of the interviews.

Must have been an act.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You can either be a victim or a victor. Too many people in our country play the victim. Personally, I would rather play the victor and look at life through that lens. It's 100% your choice.

The one thing you can control is attitude, how you look / take / decipher. I chose to smile everyday and look at the good regardless of situation.

Bad things happen but there is good to be found in any situation.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Shame on the NFL, Tampa, BA. etc. for letting him back in.

Easy to say from the outside, hind sight is 20/20. We know as fans but we don't have privey to everyday. They took a gamble and it didn't work and in no way am I standing up for little chest.

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
You can either be a victim or a victor. Too many people in our country play the victim. Personally, I would rather play the victor and look at life through that lens. It's 100% your choice.
I think people should remember how simple this sounds isn't always so simple to everyone going through whatever different degrees of hardship they encounter. Life is simply harder for some than others. That old you never know until you walk in someone's shoes saying is so spot on. Hear someone has cancer? When someone in your immediate family has it eyes can open further. Someone lost a parent or child? Wait until that happens to you that can be eye opening. It is why empathy is important in life. **** I get upset at cancer charts that I code, or babies passing, or passings in general. I immediately think of what that person(s) goes through that is left to pick up the pieces. When looking I try to look at what might be unknown. The known is easy, the unknown maybe not so much.

GILBERT

Reaction score
Easy to say from the outside, hind sight is 20/20. We know as fans but we don't have privey to everyday. They took a gamble and it didn't work and in no way am I standing up for little chest.

Salute the nation
Agree - we have no idea what is happening behind closed doors. The last gamble should have been the Raiders. OMI.

Slaine

Still wants to trade Fu for a third
Forefather
Reaction score
Anyone see Brady's interview afterwards? Made me almost like TB12.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Agree - we have no idea what is happening behind closed doors. The last gamble should have been the Raiders. OMI.

These pre-madonnas have been told their entire lives they are the best. They have never been held accountable and have huge entitlement. Society plays into that as well, it's not right but is what it is.

I've met many a entitled people yet am able to hold the accountable respectively. treat me the way you want to be treated and I will treat you with up-most respect.

Simple logic but to hard for many to understand.......................... little chest has no clue

Salute the nation

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
He’s never been the same since the helmet to helmet from burfuck in the Cinny melee. The nfl refuses to acknowledge it. Burfuck went around injuring players for years nfl did nothing about it.. now we have a serous problem in brown no one is capable of helping him… he has a ******* brain injury they manifest themselves in weird ways. it’s sad hes a fukn Steeler the org should reach out to him and try to get him help they need to throw that jackass in a straight jacket

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Even if you are forced to hand wash Coolie's underwear

That my friend could be the one exception.......................................................

Salute the nation

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Don't be silly!!! You know this is Coach Tomlin's fault!!!
Silly? Maybe. Well I will give Tomlin props. Claypool looks to have had a stern talking to. Will have to wait and see how long that will last. I won't hold my breath. Now if Tomlin can get McCloud straighten out we might be able to get that non-losing season streak kept alive. Fingers crossed. 🤞

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
I think people should remember how simple this sounds isn't always so simple to everyone going through whatever different degrees of hardship they encounter. Life is simply harder for some than others. That old you never know until you walk in someone's shoes saying is so spot on. Hear someone has cancer? When someone in your immediate family has it eyes can open further. Someone lost a parent or child? Wait until that happens to you that can be eye opening. It is why empathy is important in life. **** I get upset at cancer charts that I code, or babies passing, or passings in general. I immediately think of what that person(s) goes through that is left to pick up the pieces. When looking I try to look at what might be unknown. The known is easy, the unknown maybe not so much.
Sorry but he is one of the most privileged people on the planet. I don't doubt he has mental illness, but you can have mental illness and also just deep down be a horribly selfish immature *******. I was raised by such a person who didn't have nearly the talent and opportunities AB has but still squandered every good thing life threw his way simply because he didn't give a **** about anyone else but himself. It is very hard for me to have sympathy for such a person.

This guy does not have a single thought for everyone who put their own careers on the line over the years to give him a shot. Not one blessed thought. Not one shred of gratitude. Not a thought for all of the children he brought into this world who depend on him. Complete narcissist.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
AB is going to have a rough row to hoe trying to get any sympathy from Steeler, Raider, Cheat or Buc fans...

I just continue to wait for the talking heads to air Ben's interviews where he said he loves AB and hope he gets the help he needs so they can make him out to be a ******* saint like Brady.

Seriously. I have popcorn. I'm just waiting here.