• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Anybody else see this........................

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You have never been to a game in Buffalo
During the lean years some of those NY state fans were always trying to start ****. You can see the waves of orange and green high visibility coats .... cops & security converge in on melees of drunk dumbasses going at it all the time.

That is why I enjoy going to Pittsburgh ...... atmosphere is so different..... sure we razz each other but it is all in good fun with fans wearing another colour

Unless you were going to be there,................. I would have ZERO desire to go to a Buffalo game. Denver is pretty bad as well, especially to opposing fans.

Salute the nation

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Unless you were going to be there,................. I would have ZERO desire to go to a Buffalo game. Denver is pretty bad as well, especially to opposing fans.

Salute the nation
Closest I have ever come to a fight at a game was there, when Tebow knocked us out of the playoffs.

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score

Salute the nation
Went to a Denver game but it was with three buddies who are Raider fans and it was against the Raiders. Tickets were from Cliff Branch (rest his soul) who was a friend with one of my buddies. Field passes pre game and 50 yard line seats/maybe 47. Anyway the folks around us treated us great with some good banter. We were on the sun side and it was the hottest game ever according to their records.

Having gone on about that, nothing compares with the Oakland Coliseum. When they returned from LA, it was a shithouse. They built the new sections that enclosed the stadium which was a decent place to catch a baseball game before that. The Alameda County Sheriff's Dept. had the new area that was about 1 quarter of the attendance, maybe a tad more. Oakland PD had the rest and did take prisoners.

The first 49er preseason game at Oakland, OPD arrested 4 for felony assault, over 100 for fighting which were almost all one sheet arrest reports for drunk in public because neither party would press charges. They ran out of transport for the arrestees so the PD just started tossing folks out. They lost count of people tossed. The Sheriff's dept. just evicted most of their problems, they weren't used to dealing with chaos. It was a sight to behold.

OPD probably had about 100 officers give or take working that game, Sheriff's about 55 or so. This isn't including stadium security and it's pre season.

The AFC championship game against Baltimore when the Ravens won their first Super Bowl, OPD had over 160 officers, Sheriff's probably about 70 and two busses for prisoner transport with booking tables. That's 230 law enforcement officers for a football game.

About half of the 230 OPD officers were immediately deployed afterwards to the streets and joined their brothers and sisters in blue because of the city's displeasure after losing.

Enjoy Pittsburgh, it's a good place.

Last edited:

FatsHolmes

Reaction score
Ah, but then there are the Eagles, who decided to actually install a courtroom and jail in old Veterans Stadium.

From here: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-eagles-history-features-a-stadium-jail-bounties-and-vomit-but-lacks-titles/

So how did this start? McCaffery estimates during a Monday Night Football game against the 49ers in 1998 there were "60 fistfights in the stands." Oh yeah, and someone fired off a flare in the stands.

Eagles ownership and management were concerned with the appearance the fan base was portraying and decided to install a court room and jail on the premises.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
You have never been to a game in Buffalo
During the lean years some of those NY state fans were always trying to start ****. You can see the waves of orange and green high visibility coats .... cops & security converge in on melees of drunk dumbasses going at it all the time.

That is why I enjoy going to Pittsburgh ...... atmosphere is so different..... sure we razz each other but it is all in good fun with fans wearing another colour
I can vouch for this....sitting there just watching the Steelers/Bills in preseason and had guys several rows back throwing all kind of vulgar insults and threats to kick our *****. It almost went there and security showed up...their own fans called security over to drag them out.