• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Anyone else not surprised that Cheerleader Tomlin is looking for a veteran to replace Ben?

Burgettstown Bob

Trolling Twatwaffle
Reaction score
The cheerleader needs a veteran that isn't broken to cover for all his inadequacies. Personally, I think he needs to go after this season, but on a positive note, after Rooney makes the ball-less decision to bring him back in 2022 so he can remind us that "the standard is the standard", hopefully we at least end up with Aaron Rodgers to help make Tomlin look a lot less incompetent.

Sports Top Stories

Aaron Rodgers' Latest Comments Should Get Steelers Fans Excited Again​

By Jason HallOct 13, 2021
Pittsburgh Steelers v Green Bay Packers

Photo: Getty Images

Aaron Rodgers has once again publicly shown his appreciate of Pittsburgh grit.
During his latest 'Aaron Rodgers Tuesday' appearance on the Pat McAfee Show, the reigning NFL MVP subtly praised the Steel City once again.
"You want some of those guys who are those gritty, hard-nosed, blue collar, Pittsburgh, you know, tough type of guys," Rodgers said in the clip shared by McAfee, a native of nearby Plum, Pennsylvania.
Rodgers' comments come after FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reported Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin wasn't interested in replacing Ben Roethlisberger with an inexperienced quarterback should the 39-year-old quarterback retire after his current contract expires next offseason.

“Ben Roethlisberger — (when) it’s time for him to move on — Mike Tomlin has told me he doesn’t want to start over with a rookie,” Glazer said. “The Steelers are going to want to go with somebody who is a veteran … The Pittsburgh Steelers, they are going to need a veteran quarterback, obviously, (considering acquiring Rodgers) makes sense.”

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
The cheerleader needs a veteran that isn't broken to cover for all his inadequacies. Personally, I think he needs to go after this season, but on a positive note, after Rooney makes the ball-less decision to bring him back in 2022 so he can remind us that "the standard is the standard", hopefully we at least end up with Aaron Rodgers to help make Tomlin look a lot less incompetent.

Sports Top Stories

During his latest 'Aaron Rodgers Tuesday' appearance on the Pat McAfee Show, the reigning NFL MVP subtly praised the Steel City once again.
"You want some of those guys who are those gritty, hard-nosed, blue collar, Pittsburgh, you know, tough type of guys," Rodgers said in the clip shared by McAfee, a native of nearby Plum, Pennsylvania.
Rodgers' comments come after FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reported Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin wasn't interested in replacing Ben Roethlisberger with an inexperienced quarterback should the 39-year-old quarterback retire after his current contract expires next offseason.

“Ben Roethlisberger — (when) it’s time for him to move on — Mike Tomlin has told me he doesn’t want to start over with a rookie,” Glazer said. “The Steelers are going to want to go with somebody who is a veteran … The Pittsburgh Steelers, they are going to need a veteran quarterback, obviously, (considering acquiring Rodgers) makes sense.”

Damn you just have to a douchebag and color your opinion with juvenile insults of a coach who at the very least has earned some respect as a good human being. Try giving an opinion more based on facts and less on your obvious anger issues.

Burgettstown Bob

Trolling Twatwaffle
Reaction score

SteelerInLebanon

Contributor
Reaction score
You and your Tomlin worship want to step?
I don't worship any coach. I respect him as he has done nothing to lose my respect. i disagree with some of his decisions and will discuss that but to act like a jackass calling him names and disrespecting him is ******* stupid. Particularly a newbie like you who has already managed to insult many longtime members and contributors. You are a joke.

SteelerInLebanon

Contributor
Reaction score
I agree. Tomlin being ineffective is old news. However, it's relevant until he's gone one way or another.
Well you will be waiting a long time. he will leave when he wants to. Not a season before. I doubt he has any emails to use against him. I imagine you will be long gone from this site before Tomlin is gone.

diver

Reaction score
Jeez...if it really would happen...I always hated when Joe Buck would call him Aaron all the time, hahaha. Guess I'd have to get used to it.

Burgettstown Bob

Trolling Twatwaffle
Reaction score
I don't worship any coach. I respect him as he has done nothing to lose my respect. i disagree with some of his decisions and will discuss that but to act like a jackass calling him names and disrespecting him is ******* stupid. Particularly a newbie like you who has already managed to insult many longtime members and contributors. You are a joke.

If he hasn't done anything to lose your respect, you must not set the bar very high. Any other team and this guy would have likely been gone a long time ago.

The only members that I have ever insulted on this forum have been the trolls and those that believe that they should be respected because of their high post count. Which of the two options provided best describes you?

Last edited:

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

Stewey

Reaction score
That's done by others on a regular basis here. Why pile on Bob?

SteelerInLebanon

Contributor
Reaction score
That's done by others on a regular basis here. Why pile on Bob?
Because Bob unlike others has offered nothing of value except to belittle anyone and anything he doesn't like with no attempt to do more than troll. Coach offers more fact than Bob. Holy **** did I just type that?

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
what the **** makes wanting a veteran QB surprising?? 32 out of 32 head coaches would prefer an experienced QB if they can get a guy like Rogers

your post if ******* idiotic.

it is only staying unmerged so that it is easier for the masses to view your stupidity and respond to amuse SF81

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score

Sports Top Stories

Bob, how many teams do you think would go after Tomlin if we let him go? I would guess 20 to 25 teams would jump on him.
do I love him as a coach? nope. but who would you want in replace?

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
If Ben retires, the steelers should absolutely go after a veteran QB. This defense is good now but who knows in 3 years? Next year you have Najee, DJ, Claypool and Freiermuth as a dangerous core of playmakers. The OL improved quite a bit this past week. By the end of the year it could be decent. Next year you add to it in draft or free agency since the cap will go up and you have a potentially great offense and great defense.

Why would you want to wait on a young QB to develop when the rest of the team is built? Sure, draft a guy if you find one you like but don't set yourself back by waiting.

Steelers are in a similar situation as Denver a few years ago when they got Manning. Since then they whiffed twice on QB picks with Paxton Lynch and apparently Drew Lock. But who cares. They won a SB.