• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Anyone else not surprised that Cheerleader Tomlin is looking for a veteran to replace Ben?

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Assuming Rodgers wants to win a Super Bowl (again) before he retires, he ain't coming here. Shades can't even win a first round playoff game let alone the big dance.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin is not a dumb man, his Tomlinism(s) give him the appearance of lesser intelligence. Sometimes one plays "stupid" as a way to gain an edge, to get others to underestimate yaz but that ONLY works for so long.

As for his coaching, well he has done some pretty "coaching 101" short-falls. He really needs to develope a kill attitude instead of not to lose game plan. Aggressive is part of football at the right times and when trailing or 1 score ahead is exactly when it's called for. Over looking, complacent, dipping to much hand in coordinators jobs, not basic coaching up of players and more others are characteristics he is noted for and should elevate.

Players act & respond what's coming from the top and we see a lot of that on field.

Salute the nation

Burgettstown Bob

Trolling Twatwaffle
Reaction score
what the **** makes wanting a veteran QB surprising?? 32 out of 32 head coaches would prefer an experienced QB if they can get a guy like Rogers

your post if ******* idiotic.

it is only staying unmerged so that it is easier for the masses to view your stupidity and respond to amuse SF81

B*tch, if I want to hear your stupid a*s cackle, I'll pluck you. Until then, I suggest pi*sing off ..

Your daddy already punk'd you by overturning 1 of your biased bans, Tex. Don't make him show you up again by overturning another.

No, guys .. Seriously .. I'm still in charge around here. Derrrrrrr

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
B*tch, if I want to hear your stupid a*s cackle, I'll pluck you. Until then, I suggest pi*sing off ..

Your daddy already punk'd you by overturning 1 of your biased bans, Tex. Don't make him show you up again by overturning another.

53108217.jpg

Burgettstown Bob

Trolling Twatwaffle
Reaction score
Bob, how many teams do you think would go after Tomlin if we let him go? I would guess 20 to 25 teams would jump on him.
do I love him as a coach? nope. but who would you want in replace?
Can we please stop with the "who are we going to get if not Tomlin" bulls*it. I like how some of you act like the man has done anything at all other than take Cowher's team to a SB. Sure .. he had a few playoff appearances because of BB and a strong team that he inherited, but the man has been exposed as the average or below average coach that he is truly is over these past 10 years. If you try to claim otherwise, please support with facts.

With regard to who I'd like to see replace the Cheerleader, I have someone in mind that I intend to elaborate on in a separate thread.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Can we please stop with the "who are we going to get if not Tomlin" bulls*it. I like how some of you act like the man has done anything at all other than take Cowher's team to a SB. Sure .. he had a few playoff appearances because of BB and a strong team that he inherited, but the man has been exposed as the average or below average coach that he is truly is over these past 10 years. If you try to claim otherwise, please support with facts.

With regard to who I'd like to see replace the Cheerleader, I have someone in mind that I intend to elaborate on in a separate thread.
Oh goodie...another thread from you.

pop-art-illustration-drama-queen-t-shirt-print-portrait-crying-girl-94658340.jpg

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score

eat a dick twatwaffle, you are here only because the responses to your ignorant posts amused the board admin.

your smack is juvenile and your "football" posts are worse

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score

no you won't, it will go in here

His post wasn't a "who are we going to get" post, it was a who do YOU think they should go after

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
Bob, how many teams do you think would go after Tomlin if we let him go? I would guess 20 to 25 teams would jump on him.
do I love him as a coach? nope. but who would you want in replace?
Who cares? He hasn't won anything here in quite a while. It's great he hasn't had a losing season, but he hasn't won a playoff game since 2016, hasn't been to the SB since the 2010 season, and has completely missed the playoffs two of the last three years. Top that off with the fact that he is 3-6 in the playoffs since 2011, what makes you so sure teams are gonna run out and snatch up that kind of mediocrity?

He's a decent coach, but let's not pretend that not having him on the sidelines would somehow devastate the franchise.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score

He’s done far more than you could ever contemplate and he also doesn’t need anybody to explain his body of work. To use your logic, Cowher then went to his 1st SB with core players from Chuck’s teams. Plus It’s funny how you infer Tomlin’s first SB had Chin’s players, but those same players went .500 the year before Tomlin arrived. What’s the excuse for his second SB appearance which occurred almost four years after Chin had retired. Don’t choke on your tongue before saying Ben, because Tomlin is in a long line of successful coaches who had the opportunities due to a pre-existing QB.

It’s interesting, no matter how idiotic or infantile your attempts to construct a football conversation begins, it always implies negative connotations to individuals. Sounds like somebody didn’t or isn’t getting any attention away from their keyboard.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Who cares? He hasn't won anything here in quite a while. It's great he hasn't had a losing season, but he hasn't won a playoff game since 2016, hasn't been to the SB since the 2010 season, and has completely missed the playoffs two of the last three years. Top that off with the fact that he is 3-6 in the playoffs since 2011, what makes you so sure teams are gonna run out and snatch up that kind of mediocrity?

He's a decent coach, but let's not pretend that not having him on the sidelines would somehow devastate the franchise.
nothing in Bliz's post suggested that

he simply made an accurate statement that many teams would love to have Tomlin and then asked for an actual football comment from boob about who he would like to see replace Tomlin

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score

I am not a huge Tomlin fan. But I do recognize that he is a better coach than most other 31 teams have.
I was just asking"Bob" his perspective on who should replace him.

Stewey

Reaction score
I am not a huge Tomlin fan. But I do recognize that he is a better coach than most other 31 teams have.
IMO if he's better than most of the 31 other coaches then you should be a huge Tomlin fan!

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin didn't say he was looking for a veteran to replace Ben. I don't think he'd have a problem drafting a QB in the 1st round. He would just prefer not to start that 1st round QB as a rookie. He'd want them to sit a year. It's hilarious how fake news happens. Take things right out of context.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
IMO if he's better than most of the 31 other coaches then you should be a huge Tomlin fan!
I just think his message or style or whatever you want to call it has gotten stale here. "Bob" is kinda right in the cheerleader deal. That style just doesn't last long

steelhurt

Reaction score
I’ve been critical of Cool Shades on here plenty but seriously, to criticize him for wanting a veteran QB when Ben retires. 31 other coaches would tell you the same thing when their QB hangs em’ up. Rookie QB’s for the most part struggle and takes a few years before they play well if they ever do.
On another note, Rodgers imo will not be coming here. He’s not a FA and can force a trade but the Pack will want multiple premium picks for him and cannot see us mortgaging their future for a 38 year old QB. Can’t see that happening’
Now they may look at some FA QB’s and possibly make a move, depending on who is available, but not Rodgers.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score

I agree with the statement. I've posted numerous times over the last 5 years stating much of the same.. I do keep hoping every year something changes and it doesn't.

I used to refer to our offense as a Chinese fire drill and nobody speaks Chinese. The defense was soft up the middle and exploited by scrub quarterbacks, more often than not.

Getting crushed by bad teams routinely is painful to watch.

The bottom line? Tomlin isn't going anyplace anytime soon. He'd have to retire or have at least 2 solid horrific seasons to force ownership to take action.

As long as those ***** are in seats all is well.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
OR, coaching in the NFL has reached a level of suckitude that is mind boggling. I'm going with that. Who are the truly GREAT coaches in the NFL right now? Belicheat? He's trending down. And while he'll probably die on the field, he'll never be as good as he was with Brady. Andy Reid? I think the situation with his son last year damaged him. As a result, the Chiefs have been good so far this year, but not great. Maybe they/he finds that spark again. Point being, ALL of the current NFL Head Coaches have warts/flaws that diehard fans point to on a weekly basis. Collectively, they don't, in my opinion, stack up to coaches from some of the earlier generations (70's, 80's, 90's).

If you look at it objectively, there's never been a H.O.F. coach who got there without having some H.O.F./All-Pro/Pro Bowl level players. There's an old adage about coaching that is true. "Great players make great coaches."

Last edited: