• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Apparently Carr thinks the ball touched the ground.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Derrick, like no one has ever said it before, you are not the first or will you be the last but you have hit a nreve with the franchise and it's players. Some may say it has no effect on the players, ask JuJu what disrespect causes.

Not sure the edge was needed but CARR has provided some for what it is worth. If his coach isn't telling him to shut the **** up his brother should.......... BUT then again the Carr brothers seem to be lacking in commen sense as well.

Salute the nation

skline00

Reaction score
I was 21, home from college for the weekend in South Central PA and was lucky enough to watch the game on TV.

Frankly, from what I remember, it happened so fast no one knew what happened because the main feed camera was so slow on picking Franco up on camera running down the sideline.

When they signaled Touchdown I jumped so high with my arms out stretched I remember wacking my hand on an overhead light!

Seriously, Derrick, hit the ground? That excuse was manufactured much later than whether it hit Tatum or Fuqua first.

At this stage of the game, Derrick Carr should have learned not to give the opposing team any additional fuel to light their fire.

Joe Namath tells a great story about being in WeeB Ewbank's dog house for the rest of the week prior to the SuperBowl after making his "Guarantee we'll win" comment.

It's a real shame that both Jack Tatum and Kenny Stabler have passed away. Would have loved to have seen Terry Bradshaw, John Frenchy Kenny Stabler and Jack Tatum together before the game talking about that crazy play.

As a Stiller fan, I loved the matchups with the Raiders.

Every game was World War III!

Last edited:

FatsHolmes

Reaction score
Thanks Derrick, like no one has ever said it before, you are not the first or will you be the last but you have hit a nreve with the franchise and it's players. Some may say it has no effect on the players, ask JuJu what disrespect causes.

Not sure the edge was needed but CARR has provided some for what it is worth. If his coach isn't telling him to shut the **** up his brother should.......... BUT then again the Carr brothers seem to be lacking in commen sense as well.

Salute the nation
Well, his brother is probably still suffering concussion symptoms from all of the hits he took his first couple of years in the league.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Apparently Carr is going to get whacked by TJ Watt Sunday...

I wonder if he will touch the ground............................?

Salute the nation

Burghthing21

Reaction score
Mr. Carr needs a tour of the spot out in the lot. Maybe someone wants to plant an "immaculate reception flag" in that spot for the weekend so Mr. Carr can inspect it. Me thinks the only flag he will see after the game will have stars and black and gold stripe flying around.

Totally lost it, screaming, hollowing, jumping up and down, when it happened, that's what 12 yr olds do when they get excited.
Just as excited when the officials left the field after a delay, might have been the first use of not so instant replay, or so it seemed.

Salute the Nation

Last edited:

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Meh this is the most stupid attempt at drumming up drama yet by the Pittsburgh lame media lol… nobody should care… al davis is rotten in his grave… madden is no more… the raiders are a middling afc team locked in mediocrity…. They aren’t even in California anymore.. whatever ghosts of the past people cling to there are long gone… the rivalry is basically a phantom…. Tell me every single Steelers fan wasnt rooting for the Faux Raiders last week… and they will be against every game against the chiefs, Browns, and bengals too… maybe even the colts depending how the season is going…
You rate rivals based on whom you want to lose more… i mean fine if the Raiders are playing the Falcons and tgere arent specific tiebreaker benefits on the line for the Steelers, id root against the raiders, but I wouldn’t care if they won

i want the Patriots to lose every game. i hate them.
I want the Ravens to lose… i really dislike them
I want the two ohio teams to lose.. they are idiotic franchises…
I like it when the Cowboys lose… I don’t want San Francisco to win any more super bowls…
I like it when the AFC playoff powerhouses take losses to help the Steelers…

the raiders? Man who cares what they think about anything… they are just another logo on the schedule these days…

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone of our players / coaches / franchise members know what the imaculate reception is and means to this greatest franchise on the planet. It doesn't matter what the rivalry is currently but what matter is the fact he pooped on the most storied past that born what the STEELERS are today.

The actual "reception" couldn't have happened against a better opponent than the raiders. It goes on to tell how competative these two franchises were with PITTSBURGH dominating the time. YES, John Madden has spent a lifetime justifying his loss but to deaf ears. Players and fans still ***** about it so that is another indicator of just how GREAT this play was and is to this day.

There is a reason it has been continously dominate in the # 1 play ever in the NFL history. Carr can poop and OUR beloved STEELERS can make him pick it up.!

Salute the nation

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Who knew Oakland even still had a team?
Oh wait...they don’t lol
Suck a bag of ______ Mr. Carr

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Is this really a newsworthy story?

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ok - so we've got MORE BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL!!! I fully expect SEVEN SACKS now!!!

"The ball touched the ground" - your back is gonna touch the ground - SEVEN TIMES!!!

I like your way of thinking !!!

A - N - D

Face plants are acceptable as well.....................................

Salute the nation

Stewey

Reaction score
He might be planted by half time
It's been awhile since we planted a Raider.

blount.gif

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
I think every time we sack Carr, the player should say, I don't think you hit the ground. I'll try harder next play!

Wow, what a dumb quote. This is the most confident I feel going into a Raider game EVER!