• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Artie Burns might not start Monday night, Sensabaugh gets first team reps.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ray Fittipaldo

@rayfitt1
Artie Burns said he did not know if he would start Monday night. Coty Sensabaugh confirmed he has first team reps in practice Saturday. Burns said his toe injury from last week is not an issue.

Hell is being unleashed !

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
"Unleash hell
Laying down the law
Obviously
The standard is the standard"

--- Cool Shades

Next man up. Obviously.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sensabaugh nor Sutton are better than Burns. Burns is easily our No. 2 behind Haden.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Sensabaugh nor Sutton are better than Burns. Burns is easily our No. 2 behind Haden.

Problem is Burns is playing like a 3rd or 4th corner not a starter. He needs step up...............

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin must of gotten glasses.

Nah we still have no FS, the punter is below average and the DC belongs on the unemployment line.

He is trying to spark a positive reaction instead of fixing glaring problems.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Part of the problem is there has been no accountability for blown assignments. You have to tolerate some for rookies but not for vets. For vets, missed assignments should rarely happen. When they happen every game or multiple times each game, you have to sit that guy down.

lebeau did even play guys until they knew the defense. Over the last few years, the steelers (Tomlin) made the decision he wanted young guys playing immediately and this was supposed to be possible due to Butler's scheme which was supposed to be less complicated than Lebeau's.

Fast forward a few years and blown coverages are happening multiple times per week. It's become the norm. You have to put that on coaching. One or two mistakes per week is on the players, but multiple blown coverages per week is on the coaches. Either they aren't teaching it right or they are allowing players to keep playing when they don't know the defense,

The Pats defense is not that good on paper. They have no great players. They just all do their job each play and you see how most weeks, that equates to a good enough performance to win.

Burns has more talent but sensabaugh is the more effective player if he's actually in the right spot each play.

Send the message, you want to play, you better know your playbook.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Part of the problem is there has been no accountability for blown assignments. You have to tolerate some for rookies but not for vets. For vets, missed assignments should rarely happen. When they happen every game or multiple times each game, you have to sit that guy down.

I wish they could sit a coach down too, because all these blown assignments and miscommunications is 30% player, 70% coach IMO. Or something like that. I thought Bradley was going to be an improvement but there's probably only so much he can do as well. The calls and assignments come from Tomlin/Butler.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Needs to happen. Burns stinks.

He has not played well but Sensabaugh is not better. Burns short start, but suggesting he might not should get his attention. I wanted X Howard vis trade down over Burns and a 3rd which I would have used on Safety Simmons.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Problem is Burns is playing like a 3rd or 4th corner not a starter. He needs step up...............

If that step was going to happen it would have. In his defense the defensive formations at the line and lack of a pass rush as a result,do not help him on his island.

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
Burns did do better with week one when playing man. He’s just lost in zone coverage. He’s always out of position and takes ugly angles.

Last edited:

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully it will send him a message, like Cowher did for Ike Taylor back in the day. Light a fire under his ***.

yes, maybe it's what he needs to get his head out of his *** and play at a higher level

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I wish they could sit a coach down too, because all these blown assignments and miscommunications is 30% player, 70% coach IMO. Or something like that. I thought Bradley was going to be an improvement but there's probably only so much he can do as well. The calls and assignments come from Tomlin/Butler.

I still think Tombert does a ****** job overall of drafting defense. The last decent DB they drafted was Willie Gay.