• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Assistant TO the Offensive Coordinator??

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
And tell him keep the hell away from Pittsburgh!!!

Seriously dude is nothing more than a college coach that had superior talent. Put him in the NFL and he runs a bigger mess than 🇨🇦
Guy is so stupid they tell him run the ball
more and he rushes 5 times the next game...no surprise he was fired at all.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
So we have went from wanting every scrub from every team to their coaches now. Thing is we know Steelers like contracts won't do in season coaching changes.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Oh Canada most likely will be fired this off season so hopefully we can do our due diligence and find a qualified NFL Offensive Coordinator. We will need someone to work with a new QB whomever that will be and it should not be Canada.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Just let Ben run the offense until the end of the year. Mike can sit back and watch and Canada can work on his resume.
He already is in the booth, just sit there and shut up.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I said this last year when we started the slide. No matter which OC we’ve had. Arians, Haley, Fichtner and now Canada. Our offense always looks better when Roethlisberger runs a no huddle and calls the plays. Lets let him go out there and run this out his way. If we fail miserably then it’s his own fault. I feel he’d be ok going out losing but on his own terms. Best case scenario it sparks a fire and we get some unexpected W’s. Literally nothing to lose

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Oh Canada most likely will be fired this off season so hopefully we can do our due diligence and find a qualified NFL Offensive Coordinator. We will need someone to work with a new QB whomever that will be and it should not be Canada.
I think they'll give Canada one more year to see how he does with a different QB. He will still suck and then they'll get rid of him.

alancac98

Reaction score
I said this last year when we started the slide. No matter which OC we’ve had. Arians, Haley, Fichtner and now Canada. Our offense always looks better when Roethlisberger runs a no huddle and calls the plays. Lets let him go out there and run this out his way. If we fail miserably then it’s his own fault. I feel he’d be ok going out losing but on his own terms. Best case scenario it sparks a fire and we get some unexpected W’s. Literally nothing to lose

Totally agree! Let Ben live or die by his own sword!

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think they'll give Canada one more year to see how he does with a different QB. He will still suck and then they'll get rid of him.

Not just suck but add in an additional year of sucktitude, par for the course.

I realize it takes more than a year to install a new system but by this time of year / season, we should be way further than what we are. Some say it's to complicated and others say we don't have the righ personel,.......

Then why the **** are we installing it?

Shouldn't we taper it to fit our dumb *** no cordination players ???

Salute the nation

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Not just suck but add in an additional year of sucktitude, par for the course.

I realize it takes more than a year to install a new system but by this time of year / season, we should be way further than what we are. Some say it's to complicated and others say we don't have the righ personel,.......

Then why the **** are we installing it?

Shouldn't we taper it to fit our dumb *** no cordination players ???
Most of the OC's we've had over the last 30 years installed THEIR system and THEIR plays and THEIR terminology. What there is for talent strengths and weaknesses doesn't matter because "My system works everywhere". (Sounds like my employer's marketing strategy, but I digress.) The one OC who more or less worked with what he had and took what the opponent would give you was Todd Haley but Ben didn't like him because he had the crazy idea to run the ball once in a while and not go five-wide and air it out on 3rd-and-1.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
So we have went from wanting every scrub from every team to their coaches now. Thing is we know Steelers like contracts won't do in season coaching changes.
Well he came into the league being a guy who was said would climb the coaching ladder quickly. Said to have “it” ? Was said to be turning around Darnold and made them somewhat competitive, rumor is Cam was not into system and Brady was not head coaches original hire. But, he is a scrub and in no way could help Canada, oh ok.. oh and dude did better at LSU than Canada at MD. Pat Kirwan said THAT guys phone is ringing immediately, he won’t be on the streets long

Last edited:

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
It's possible Brady wanted to get fired because he has a college job lined up. Virgina and Oregon just became free. His type of scheme would fit with Oregon.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Well he came into the league being a guy who was said would climb the coaching ladder quickly. Said to have “it” ? Was said to be turning around Darnold and made them somewhat competitive, rumor is Cam was not into system and Brady was not head coaches original hire. But, he is a scrub and in no way could help Canada, oh ok.. oh and dude did better at LSU than Canada at MD. Pat Kirwan said THAT guys phone is ringing immediately, he won’t be on the streets long
My scrub comment was meant primarily for the players my main point was we simply don't do in season coaching changes. Late in the season I somewhat doubt he gets picked up. If he does Steelers simply weren't going to do a timely change. If they covet him maybe an assistant gig with a gag order for possibly more after the season? I am not suggesting he can't help but we know how stubborn and habitual this team is in their ways. Some good insight on your part MD though, thanks.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Canada won't be fired. If anyone is fired, it will be Butler as a scapegoat for Tomlin's ineptitude on D.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Most of the OC's we've had over the last 30 years installed THEIR system and THEIR plays and THEIR terminology. What there is for talent strengths and weaknesses doesn't matter because "My system works everywhere". (Sounds like my employer's marketing strategy, but I digress.) The one OC who more or less worked with what he had and took what the opponent would give you was Todd Haley but Ben didn't like him because he had the crazy idea to run the ball once in a while and not go five-wide and air it out on 3rd-and-1.

I hear yaz and also know Haley doesn't get near the credit for how good he was. I'm sure he had BEN to contend with but also Coach Tomlin as well.

Salute the nation

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
I was not saying any changes or firings. Adding an assistant to Canada. The Dwight Schrute

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Putting another clown in the clown car won’t help a dang thang