• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Avery Williamson says " more to come" in a Steelers uni

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He didn't get to play much last year until injuries but if they sign him and he gets her for camp and preseason (assuming no OTA's), he will be in the ILB rotation full time with Spillane and even giving Bush a breather. He would be a very good signing if they can get him under the cap.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Over a top OT or RB? Didn't collins have locker room issues?

NOT just that but if AVERY is signed it makes it a no brainer to OL (specifically LT) or RB. Avery would be signed with the reasoning of not having to solidify that position and allowing draft pick for other pressing needs. Agree Litos, locker issues or not, UNLESS Collins is absolutely the highest value (and not close) to LT/OL/RB value.

Salute the nation

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I obviously have a very high opinion of Zaven Collins.

Not aware of personal issues with him either...if there is, maybe send a link with some info on that..

Steelers defense goes as their LB's go...and I feel that this kid can be better than Devin White and is a generational type linebacker...

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Over a top OT or RB? Didn't collins have locker room issues?
Are you thinking of Micah Parsons, I understand there were some issues in the locker room with him and another guy at the least "hazing" a third player and at worst something more serious.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
ok
I obviously have a very high opinion of Zaven Collins.

Not aware of personal issues with him either...if there is, maybe send a link with some info on that..

Steelers defense goes as their LB's go...and I feel that this kid can be better than Devin White and is a generational type linebacker...
Can't find anything but I think I read something somewhere, yeah I know, that's probably bullshit or I'm confusing him with another prospect. Still, the Steelers FO tends to draft 1st rounder from big schools save some special occasions like Big Ben.

Also, does drafting him means that the king's ransom spent on Bush was a wrong decision? Two back to back 1st round ILBs seems like too much when having so many other needs .

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
ok

Can't find anything but I think I read something somewhere, yeah I know, that's probably bullshit or I'm confusing him with another prospect. Still, the Steelers FO tends to draft 1st rounder from big schools save some special occasions like Big Ben.

Also, does drafting him means that the king's ransom spent on Bush was a wrong decision? Two back to back 1st round ILBs seems like too much when having so many other needs .
Collins is very versatile....can play inside or outside equally well..

Also, has great pass coverage skills....
So good in fact....I would say they rival Jack Ham's...
Who i feel is one the greatest pass coverage LB's in NFL history.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
H
Collins is very versatile....can play inside or outside equally well..

Also, has great pass coverage skills....
So good in fact....I would say they rival Jack Ham's...
Who i feel is one the greatest pass coverage LB's in NFL history.
Hmmm???

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
Many of our best defenses have in 3-4 have always had a 3-man rotation at ILB— or at least a 3rd reliable guy who played a reasonable snap count every game.

Brown/Kirkland with Jerry Olsavsky.
Holmes/Kirkland with Jerry Olsavsky
Bell/Holmes with Mike Jones
Farrior/Foote with Clint Kriewalt
Farrior/Foote/Timmons

Williamson played great last year in limited time and was side to side tackling everything. I’d feel really comfortable with Spillane/Williamson splitting time next to Bush—pending the defense needed.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Dulac at PG said he severely doubts Williamson is coming back. I think they should try to make it happen. He's sitting out there and shouldn't cost too much and very well could unseat Spillane next to Bush or at least spell both players.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Very odd now that Bince has returned. I wonder if they were seeing what happened with Bince before pulling the trigger on Williamson.