• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bad JuJu

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
If this is the worst news to come out of the pre-season, well that is just fine by me.
Yeah....same thing everyone always said about AB and his stuff......the players have changed but the culture(me first) we seem to have been trying to change seems to be sticking around. Oh well....it was JuJu doing his thing. Making a few extra coins. He didn't get hurt. Blah blah blah.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah....same thing everyone always said about AB and his stuff......the players have changed but the culture(me first) we seem to have been trying to change seems to be sticking around. Oh well....it was JuJu doing his thing. Making a few extra coins. He didn't get hurt. Blah blah blah.
I think Juju is just a kid in a candy store, doing dumb kid things. On the field he is a team guy. No late practices, no temper tantrums, no balcony furniture throwing events, etc. Call it a hunch but I don't ever see him reaching AB's level of toxic. Not saying he will totally DX his dumb moments. Just don't see them manifesting into big chests uhohs.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
We as fans (most of us) remeber the days of players playing football and none of this off field stuff unless it was a bad incident that made the news. With social media now-a-days we see the more personable stuff, how some of these players actually spend time in their lives.

JuJu hasn't shown anything to make him a lesser football player and he hasn't had that over-the-middle knock out defenseless hit put on him either, so no similarities to the "little chest".

Chase Claypool needs to focus a little more on the game instead of the headlines of him taking the league by storm. Headlines don't make catches. Good news is he is getting there as his demeaner has shown more focus as the preseason unvailed.

Salute the nation

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I think Juju is just a kid in a candy store, doing dumb kid things. On the field he is a team guy. No late practices, no temper tantrums, no balcony furniture throwing events, etc. Call it a hunch but I don't ever see him reaching AB's level of toxic. Not saying he will totally DX his dumb moments. Just don't see them manifesting into big chests uhohs.
Being a team guy is more than just the stuff done on the field though. My opinion anyways.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Being a team guy is more than just the stuff done on the field though. My opinion anyways.

I hear you but let's face it, we live in a world now dominated by social media and "look at me" people posting on them. JuJu is one of those. Stupid movie? Yes. Anything anybody is going to be able to do it about it? No.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Fully agree on this as BEN has been known to throw rookie get togethers / offensive / WR / etc. Many players help each other's public causes and have each others backs both on and off the field. That is partly why I want Coach Tomlin to get with the starting OL and having them get consistant snaps. All things build team.

Salute the nation