• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Baker's Dozen, does he deserve to get

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well you got the money per year right, just the length and qb name wrong lol

DANG, I knew there was just a little something off on that post......................

Salute the nation

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
$30+ million seems high for Baker. I could see closer to $25 million per. ****, the Steelers may be giving Rudolph $15 or $20 million per in a year if he is going to be their starting QB gamble.
What the hell are you talking about? You do realize that the Steelers just signed a free agent quarterback and drafted two others, including one in the first round, right? Hate to break it to you, but Mason isn't going to be the starting quarterback in Pittsburgh, and they sure as hell won't be paying him 20 million dollars next year or any other year, ever.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about? You do realize that the Steelers just signed a free agent quarterback and drafted two others, including one in the first round, right? Hate to break it to you, but Mason isn't going to be the starting quarterback in Pittsburgh, and they sure as hell won't be paying him 20 million dollars next year or any other year, ever.
posts are dated so that you do not need to embarrass yourself by indignantly responding to what someone wrote during last season.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
HELLOOOO, McFLY!!!!!!!! Did you see how long ago the post was made? Before Trubisky and before Pickett were in the picture. LOL!

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
HELLOOOO, McFLY!!!!!!!! Did you see how long ago the post was made? Before Trubisky and before Pickett were in the picture. LOL!

Dang, from first hand experience I know it is easy to miss a date on a post (especialy when someone brings back an old thread) .........

BUT I must comment on the use of the "HELLOOOOOO, McFLY" was used perfectly and HUMOROUSLY in this case, thanks for the chuckle

Salute the nation

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
problem with brownies was head coach not mayfield… ya browns run the ball zoopiedooo… Vikings did too when numbnutz coached there… he inherited a good qb and great great receivers, pass catching running back, an offense built by Nora turner and he ruined the passing game, him and the head coach... diggs is in Buffalo, thiele in limbo.… Viking suk, head coach fired. Rinse and repeat. Browns are going to stumble cuz teams have figured out they can’t, no I should say, won’t throw the ball. You have to really work your passing game, like it or not passing now wins playoff games. The Run can keep you in games but at some point you run up against the good passing teams with a great qb and they will beat you, you won’t will with just running and defense. I will give coach tomlin credit for that he understands that as well as most.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
problem with brownies was head coach not mayfield… ya browns run the ball zoopiedooo… Vikings did too when numbnutz coached there… he inherited a good qb and great great receivers, pass catching running back, an offense built by Nora turner and he ruined the passing game, him and the head coach... diggs is in Buffalo, thiele in limbo.… Viking suk, head coach fired. Rinse and repeat. Browns are going to stumble cuz teams have figured out they can’t, no I should say, won’t throw the ball. You have to really work your passing game, like it or not passing now wins playoff games. The Run can keep you in games but at some point you run up against the good passing teams with a great qb and they will beat you, you won’t will with just running and defense. I will give coach tomlin credit for that he understands that as well as most.

So evidently we are not losing our PO games due to the HC understanding the passing attach needed to win................................... ?

Salute the nation

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
posts are dated so that you do not need to embarrass yourself by indignantly responding to what someone wrote during last season.
Point taken. Not really too embarrassed, though. In my defense, I was skimming through the thread while simultaneously watching the Pirates win a game (for a change) on YouTube. Never understood the need to drag up old threads for no real reason either, but hey, you got me.

However, the fact remains that the Steelers didn't pay Rudolph 15 or 20 million to be their starting quarterback. Instead they did in fact sign Trubisky and draft two other QBs, so obviously that dated post has become as worthless as my reply to it yesterday.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Point taken. Not really too embarrassed, though. In my defense, I was skimming through the thread while simultaneously watching the Pirates win a game (for a change) on YouTube. Never understood the need to drag up old threads for no real reason either, but hey, you got me.

However, the fact remains that the Steelers didn't pay Rudolph 15 or 20 million to be their starting quarterback. Instead they did in fact sign Trubisky and draft two other QBs, so obviously that dated post has become as worthless as my reply to it yesterday.

Pirates at Cubs, YouTube game of the week and free to view............ 3-2 Pirates win and bullpen was used for the win. Credited deep bullpen for the Pirates.

Salute the nation

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Pirates at Cubs, YouTube game of the week and free to view............ 3-2 Pirates win and bullpen was used for the win. Credited deep bullpen for the Pirates.

Salute the nation
Not sure how any contest involving the Pirates could be considered the "Game of the Week," but at least Bednar is fun to watch. They'll probably trade him, too.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure how any contest involving the Pirates could be considered the "Game of the Week," but at least Bednar is fun to watch. They'll probably trade him, too.

I hear yaz topseed but hey, GOTTA take it when yaz can and that's how YouTube had it listed..............

Salute the nation

Stewey

Reaction score
Well it turned out to be the game of the week because they won!

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well it turned out to be the game of the week because they won!

Did you watch it on YouTube?

It was a good game and the bullpen gave a strong showing as that is a strength of theirs this year. NO I am not the expert on the Pirates just catch games when I can and I don't have regular TV. YouTube is free so nice they had a PIRATE Game of the Week.

Salute the nation

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like they'd rather dump draft picks and back up the Brinks truck for a QB that might not play next year...

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Looks like they'd rather dump draft picks and back up the Brinks truck for a QB that might not play next year...
I heard that they grossly overestimated the market for Baker when they traded for watson… some thought they could pull multiple firsts but everyone figured theyd get at least a first and multiple high picks back… for Baker freaking Mayfield…. On a guaranteed 18 million dollar contract…. With only one season left under contract…

Lol morons… best part is they expected to clear that 18 million off the books.. without rolling some of that forward their plan to push his first three seasons salary out then renegotiate with two seasons left still might not keep them out of cap hell.. based on positional inflation, they were skimming the surface even with the cap increases and saving that 18 mil on Baker

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I see Watson being suspended but not able to say exactly for how long. 1yr to as little as 4 weeks. One thing is Baker will have to play durring that suspension or risk losing his 18.5 mil gauranteed wages.

Baker may show all the signs of exiting the Browns for that kind of change he will be back. That GAURANTEED money has some clauses to it and detriment to the team is one of them. Don't play don't pay.

Salute the nation

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I see Watson being suspended but not able to say exactly for how long. 1yr to as little as 4 weeks. One thing is Baker will have to play durring that suspension or risk losing his 18.5 mil gauranteed wages.

Baker may show all the signs of exiting the Browns for that kind of change he will be back. That GAURANTEED money has some clauses to it and detriment to the team is one of them. Don't play don't pay.

Salute the nation
Baker can absolutely be a dick and milk an “injury” to avoid that, though im not sure if he would… he sounded pretty resolute about not playing for them

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Baker can absolutely be a dick and milk an “injury” to avoid that, though im not sure if he would… he sounded pretty resolute about not playing for them

Yeppers and maybe he says 18mil + just isn't worth is, hell we had a RB that left for more but got less.

Salute the nation

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if Watson is going to move into Mayfield's house on those Progressive commercials.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
His $18M is guaranteed. Doesn't matter if he plays or not. Browns Fed up when they gave him the 5th year option last year and treated him like crap this year to pick up a guy with 22 problems...

Browns made their bed and they deserve to get thrashed for throwing Baker under the bus.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Njoku (TE) just got a 4 yr /56M extension, 28M guaranteed. 14M a year after an almost 500 yards season and 4 TDs iirc. They'll probably cut him after 2 seasons just like they did earlier this year to Hooper, who had a 13,5M cap hit this coming season.

Those Browns will be in cap hell pretty soon.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I don’t know about this. The only reason the Steelers didn’t end up with a worse record last season is because team inexplicably stopped running the ball against them or didn’t run the ball enough. I’ve witnessed it in other NFL games as well. It’s bizarre. If you can run on a team, you do it until they stop you. Money in the bank.