• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Banner likely lost for year acl tear

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I was sick when I saw Banner's face last night. Anyone who overcomes the odds to earn a starting spot only to get hurt, you just don't want to see it. I hope he has a smooth recovery.

Zach Banner
@ZBNFL
·
39m
Level 1:
Last night I showed I belong in this league. I’m very optimistic about the future, and excited to be back stronger and better next year.
#HulkSmash

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I agree Feiler will move back to RT, Chuks stays as the swing tackle as there's Zero depth otherwise.
depending on wisniewski injury they might have to bring a vet as moving feiler plus losing wis while DeCastro is sidelined would mean that Dotson is the only guard left on the 53 roster. So sign a vet G + call up Derwin Gray.

And yes, if Morris isn't protected call him back

Feiler proved to be a solid right tackle. Chucks was a bad 3rd round pick, who Feiler easily beat out last season for the rich tackle spot. Banner who was cut by a few teams also beat out Chucks.

The smart play is to move Fieler back to RT, and see if Foster is willing to play one more year. Its much easier getting by with a so -so guard.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Feiler proved to be a solid right tackle. Chucks was a bad 3rd round pick, who Feiler easily beat out last season for the rich tackle spot. Banner who was cut by a few teams also beat out Chucks.

The smart play is to move Fieler back to RT, and see if Foster is willing to play one more year. Its much easier getting by with a so -so guard.
Not sure Foster is even soso. He looked happy to retire and was soso out the door. I doubt the guy is even in football shape. There is a few Ts out there with starting experience perhaps kick the tire on one of them or poach a protected practice squad player. (small window to be able to do that)

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Foster is done. He also works for DK (I'm not sure his workload) and he seems content where he's at. If Wisniewski's injury is minor, he might see the field again soon. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to pick up a warm body for interior OL but Dotson & that Hassenaur may be plenty able in the coaching staff's eyes.

What strikes me as odd is that Chuks is listed as OL and not OT on the official roster.