• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Banner likely lost for year acl tear

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
https://Invalid Link - Check SN Home Page/2020/09/the-doctor-is-in-zach-banner-may-have-acl-injury/
Chukes up now I think we should bring in a few vets for depth

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I would raid Denver's practice squad. *******.

SteveA

Reaction score
Does bringing Ramon Foster back make any sense? Can't we bring him in & move others around so we at least have depth?

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Does bringing Ramon Foster back make any sense? Can't we bring him in & move others around so we at least have depth?
Bringing someone with no conditioning can't be a good idea

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5) Plus mediante Tapatalk

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I think Patrick Morris comes back. Feiler swings to Tackle. Morris provides back up @ OG and Center.

Denver would have to promote him to the roster to keep him.

Unless practice squad rules have changed.

Chicoman

Reaction score
I would take Ramon Foster back in a heartbeat. Might take him til the bye to get in game shape but he's familiar with the system.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Steeler Nation mobile app

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
How bad is Wisnewski's peck? Hopefully, we don't lose him as well, especially with DeCastro out for who knows how long.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I think Patrick Morris comes back. Feiler swings to Tackle. Morris provides back up @ OG and Center.

I thought each team gets to protect up to three practice squad players every week. Players other teams can't poach.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
what about Dotson active active as back up and in between these vets sign 1 or 2 to back up chukes Cordy Glenn OT Robinson marshell newhouse call each in today for work outs sign best in shape with experiennce between T flexibilibity Cordy Glenn

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score

I agree Feiler will move back to RT, Chuks stays as the swing tackle as there's Zero depth otherwise.
depending on wisniewski injury they might have to bring a vet as moving feiler plus losing wis while DeCastro is sidelined would mean that Dotson is the only guard left on the 53 roster. So sign a vet G + call up Derwin Gray.

And yes, if Morris isn't protected call him back

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Just read it looks like Wisniewski has a torn pec. That should end his season as well. Our O-line looked like it would improve and have some depth this year. In one game, it has none of that. Hopefully, DeCastro comes back full strength very soon.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Non contact injuries. These guys are so big strong the the body parts just snap on their own. As usual it won't necessarily be about the best team. It will be about the best team able to overcome injuries. Not a good start for the Steelers. I would imagine it will be Dotson next man up. With the slap dick guy they kept on the roster. They will have to make a move for a guy who can snap. Chuks obviously with probably Feiler backing up at tackle. They will probably promote/ bring in guys who can play inside/ snap and use them as back ups with Feiler backing up at Tackle. Tackle is way harder to find.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
1). Ramon Foster but it would have to be his decision and NOT a pressure signing provided he could get into shape. Could even talk to him and get him to professional trainer mode type train off roster till he was ready.

2) Definately inquire / sign Denver's practice squad guy for depth or starter

3). Comb the scrap heap and sign two VET playing time experience personal.

I GAURANTEE you the FO has all these scenario's covered and then some. I just hope they can find and act upon something higher quality if possible.

Salute the nation

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, really surprised to see this on Wis:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He also added Stefen Wisniewski and James Conner are still getting scans and "there forecast is a more favorable one" in terms of availability for the home opener.</p>— Missi Matthews (@missi_matthews) <a href="https://twitter.com/missi_matthews/status/1305900543068561413?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 15, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Steelers are signing offensive tackle Jerald Hawkins off of the Texans' practice squad to their active roster, according to a league source. Hawkins is a former Steelers fourth-round draft pick</p>— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/AaronWilson_NFL/status/1305904292692406278?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 15, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
so we get our 4th rounder back for free, guess that means Okorafor stays as the RT and Feiler as the LG.

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
i would still ad 1 interior OL if Wis is just unclear for week 2 and not gling to IR

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
How bad is Wisnewski's peck? Hopefully, we don't lose him as well, especially with DeCastro out for who knows how long.

I saw a quote from the team reporter Bob Labriola last night that said it is a torn pec. Likely done for the year. Now we need to add depth. Kicking Feiler back out to RT could be smart but we definitely need interior line depth with DeCastro possibly still out this week.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Not according to Tomlin, but who knows?

If it was Labriola the tweet has been deleted. I know for a fact I saw that he had a torn pec but it could have been another reporter I follow on Twitter. Doesn't mean the info was verified however.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

This would work.

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
Feel bad for the big man he was poised to have a great year worked really hard to get to the level he was at... that double block he made earlier in the game was awesome hate to see injuries impact a player’s career like that god speed in your return Big Man!!!