• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Behind the Scenes- Steelers documentary

ianv2012

Reaction score
http://m.steelers.com/s/30890/134?itemPos=1

Didn't see this posted, please delete if it is a repost and I apologize.

Will only let me post mobile link(I'm on my tablet), but it's on main page on steelers.com

Pretty excited to see this, rare that we get a behind the scenes look at our steelers inner workings

Steelers Announce Draft Documentary Web Series
May 8, 2014 10:25 AM
For the first time, the Pittsburgh Steelers will give unprecedented access to their draft process in an upcoming web series titled, "Countdown: Behind The Scenes Story of the 2014 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL Draft," the team announced today.

The four-part series will be aired exclusively on the team's official website, Steelers.com, beginning May 14, which is the Wednesday following the NFL Draft, which runs from May 8-10. The series will air on four consecutive Wednesdays (May 14, 21, 28 & June 4) at Noon on Steelers.com.

"We are thrilled to provide our fans an exclusive look at our draft preparation process for this year's NFL Draft," Steelers President Art Rooney II said.

The four-part series will be narrated by former Steelers Pro Bowl offensive tackle, Tunch Ilkin. The documentary-style series covers the team's draft process, starting at training camp through this year's NFL Draft weekend. It includes interviews with Rooney, General Manager Kevin Colbert, Head Coach Mike Tomlin and other Steelers draft personnel, as well as draft room footage, video of some of the top college prospects in this year's draft class and coverage of the NFL Combine, Pro Days and draft preparation meetings.

A preview of the documentary series is available on Steelers.com.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how they prep and evaluate for the draft.

ZACKB

Reaction score
We will get to see Tomlin push for Benjamin....

Wingman

Reaction score
It includes interviews with Rooney, General Manager Kevin Colbert, Head Coach Mike Tomlin and other Steelers draft personnel, as well as draft room footage, video of some of the top college prospects in this year's draft class and coverage of the NFL Combine, Pro Days and draft preparation meetings. Right here is some key information, list people other than Colbert and says there are even more folks involved. Just goes to show that job descriptions are not the be all end all that some folks would make them out to be. I would not be surprised to see it a selection by committee approach.

ianv2012

Reaction score
It includes interviews with Rooney, General Manager Kevin Colbert, Head Coach Mike Tomlin and other Steelers draft personnel, as well as draft room footage, video of some of the top college prospects in this year's draft class and coverage of the NFL Combine, Pro Days and draft preparation meetings. Right here is some key information, list people other than Colbert and says there are even more folks involved. Just goes to show that job descriptions are not the be all end all that some folks would make them out to be. I would not be surprised to see it a selection by committee approach.

Well in an interview Cowher was recently asked who ultimately had the final decision in the Steelers draft war room when he was coach, and he said there was no one person and that it was selected together as a committee. Don't have a link, read it on my bleacher report team stream app.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well in an interview Cowher was recently asked who ultimately had the final decision in the Steelers draft war room when he was coach, and he said there was no one person and that it was selected together as a committee. Don't have a link, read it on my bleacher report team stream app.

I had heard that too, but I also think Billy, was a better talent evaluator, than who we got now.

Salute the nation