• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bell is a greedy, stupid idiot....

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin should run his *** into the ground... it's not like he's ever healthy for the playoffs anyway.

He thinks he's bigger then the game. Go make rap music then.

Hope he doesn't get hurt..

ZACKB

Reaction score
This is brand new news...no one knew they had a deal and that Bell nixed it

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
This is brand new news...no one knew they had a deal and that Bell nixed it

They didnt have a deal if Bell didnt like it. His agent works for him not the other way around

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
As in the other thread. Fair offer. All things considered. Bell has the right to reject. Tag him again next season and let another sign him afterwards. 2 yrs @ $26 million isn't to shabby.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
And who is leaking this info

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
They didnt have a deal if Bell didnt like it. His agent works for him not the other way around

Lol....I am reading off my phone and I don't see the poster. I have to scroll to my left to see who posted the post. I read your post and Kew right off the bat who it was from .

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Lol....I am reading off my phone and I don't see the poster. I have to scroll to my left to see who posted the post. I read your post and Kew right off the bat who it was from .

Im nothing if not consistent in my convictions wrong or right lol

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
Bell's agent was wise and Bell is the fool here. His agent knows the best deal was just offered to his client and knew with his (Bell) history or not completing a season and his Cheech and this was a no brainer. Not knowing the other specifics, perhaps there was some language in the contract that he didn't like...such as a next time you smoke dope rider

kev4heels

Reaction score

His agent wouldn't have effectively agreed to it if Bell didn't give the complete indication that he was ok with it.
Bell had a last minute change of heart.
It's his right. It's also Steeler fans rights to see that he cares strictly about money and not playing for the Steelers longterm.
That's his prerogative. But again, that doesn't sit well with many fans and probably several of his teammates.
I'm just hoping we don't see him trying to avoid injury throughout the year to ensure his full-price is met next year.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They certainly won't and shouldn't do him any favors. If he comes in a week or even 2 before the first game and gets minimal practice in and they play him in the 1st game, you can almost guarantee they will run him this year until he gets injured and he will get injured in that scenario not being in football shape. If he has a great year and we get a another ring, I'm all for it. If he gets injured or doesn't have a good year or gets suspended again, I will chuckle under my breath at him. He took a fools bet. It may pay off but as I've said before the odds are it won't.

kev4heels

Reaction score
And who is leaking this info

Good question man. Doubt it was the agent.
Has to be someone in the organization. The way Colbert speaks lately, you wonder if it was him.
Seems he has had enough of one Le'Veon Bell.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
His agent wouldn't have effectively agreed to it if Bell didn't give the complete indication that he was ok with it.
Bell had a last minute change of heart.
It's his right. It's also Steeler fans rights to see that he cares strictly about money and not playing for the Steelers longterm.
That's his prerogative. But again, that doesn't sit well with many fans and probably several of his teammates.
I'm just hoping we don't see him trying to avoid injury throughout the year to ensure his full-price is met next year.

I wouldn't say he doesn't care about the team, he wants to get paid what he feels he is worth. More power to him. Who knows how long his football life is.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the signing bonus offered was?

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I wouldn't say he doesn't care about the team, he wants to get paid what he feels he is worth. More power to him. Who knows how long his football life is.

What he has no right think this way who the **** does he think he is

ZACKB

Reaction score
The rb from Atlanta is only making 8 mil/yr, so IMHO Bell isn't worth 4 mil more than him.

ZACKB

Reaction score
Updating an earlier report, Le'Veon Bell's agent has denied that he had a deal in place with the Steelers ahead of the July 17 deadline for franchise players.

It was reported that agent Adisa Bakari had negotiated a five-year extension with Pittsburgh before Bell nixed the deal but Bakari has since refuted that claim. "All stories to contrary are false," he said. The Steelers reportedly offered their star running back a deal worth at least $12 million annually, though Bell thought he could do better. Bell has yet to sign his $12.1 million franchise tender, which allows him to hold out without being fined. He should resurface ahead of Week 1.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

ZACKB

Reaction score
In other words...we had a deal, and now Bell looks like a a-hole, so I need to say that what happened isn't true.

Spike

Reaction score
Le'Veon Bell nixed five-year deal

Per Bouchette, Bell's agent had a five-year deal in place that would have netted the All-Pro running back more than $12 million annually including $30 million over the first two season.

The contract was agreed to the afternoon of the July 17 deadline for franchise players but Bell had a last-minute change of heart and decided to nix the deal. Bell, who has held out from Steelers training camp this summer, wants to reset the running back market, reportedly seeking up to $15 million annually. Despite the deal falling through, Bell is expected to join the Steelers ahead of Week 1.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
All this **** really isnt necessary. Smh.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
**** Leveon Bell. Im sick of this ****. I got no problem with a guy wanting a mega payday. He was offered a mega payday. He is being paid mega now. Do you want to win or not? Cause this team has the pieces. You were offered lifelong security to be monster rich. I didnt even mind the training camp holdout. Fine Ok. But if he isnt reporting till September go **** yourself and your LB26 gear. Id laugh my *** off if Conner was good enough. Franchise Bell and trade his *** for value and then pick up QB of the future.