• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Bell is a greedy, stupid idiot....

coupon

Reaction score
Bell is a fat head type ( Okay who gets the joke? ). He could believe his hype ( Asking 5 million over franchise mark for an easy position to replace ) and pull a Mike Merriweather next year, weakening our hand.

Everyone gets the joke, numbnuts

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Check this out. Bell's hip hop on what he thinks he's worth.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/31/leveon-bell-updates-his-rap-based-contract-demands/

Might have to trade him now while the value is there. Two #1's picks from the New York Jets and RB Paul Perkins?

This would give us Perkins and Conner as the primary backs, save us 12 million a year in cap space, and two first round picks, which will be high picks We will need to spend a high first round pick to pick a new potential franchise QB, and by the looks of it, 2018 looks like a very good QB class

Yes-- He's great but suspended twice and always hurt for the playoffs.

Paul Perkins plays for the Giants not Jets.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
I was all for tagging him again next season. Not anymore. His **** got old fast. Use the money that we would use on the tag and lock up the guys that want to be here.

skyhigh44

Reaction score
Yeah, but no one picked Max Starks off the street when he was cut and re-signed.

Bell could force a trade after this season. Historically speaking he has been hurt twice in the playoffs and these antics of using the media to bit@h never sit well with Steeler management.

His value could for a trade could be at its peak right now ( Like you said he's young and in his prime ) and the NY Jets are one of the three worst teams in the NFL, meaning we could pick Sam Darnold or Josh Allen, either QB is viewed as a franchise type.

It is my belief the Steelers OL, Ben and WR's make Bell great as much as his talent, but put him on an average offense he'll gown down a notch or two.

There's no way the Jets touch that trade. They are looking for their own franchise QB and they know they will be in great position to get one. Bell's best bet is to transition to WR full time and produce like AB, otherwise he isn't sniffing $15-17M a year.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Use the Non exclusive franchise tag on him next year... let him go to whatever bonehead wants to give a RB 15 mil plus and get 2 1st rounders in return...

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
There's no way the Jets touch that trade. They are looking for their own franchise QB and they know they will be in great position to get one. Bell's best bet is to transition to WR full time and produce like AB, otherwise he isn't sniffing $15-17M a year.

The Jet's are pretty dumb. Bell could not be a full-time WR and get paid 12 million. Not a chance. His value is versatility.

antdrewjosh

Reaction score
I think many who read who have no idea who Merriweather was.

Seriously??? So you just going to insult all of us

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Seriously??? So you just going to insult all of us

Not everyone here was watching Steeler football in the mid to late 1980's, and others might have been very young.

So yes, seriously.

GMC

Contributor
Reaction score
Non exclusive Franchise Tag it is!

Agreed. Unfortunately, I don't even think Cleveland is dumb enough to give up two 1s for a RB. If he continues to be a distraction after signing his tag, I'd shop him to the first bottom dweller willing to give up next year's first.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I think I'm at the point where I'll be pissed if they give him a multi year contract.

It just got worse. The ******* just released a video of himself filling out a job application at a Dairy Queen.

fogdoctor

Reaction score
Agreed. Unfortunately, I don't even think Cleveland is dumb enough to give up two 1s for a RB. If he continues to be a distraction after signing his tag, I'd shop him to the first bottom dweller willing to give up next year's first.

Jets, Browns, Niners, Bears, and probably Rams and Jax are going to struggle to reach 5 wins IMO. Jets, Browns, and Niners may not have 5 wins between the three of them. The Browns are run via metrics now so they are out but the Jets/Niners may part buy low if they are not in love with the QB class. I just don't think Bell has as much trade value as people think. I honestly do not think we could get a 1st for Bell from the bottom 5-6 teams.

We need Bell and he needs this offence to do what he does. Right now, he is being a greedy little *** and screwing everything up.

Spike

Reaction score
He's back, baby

Le'Veon Bell reports to Steelers headquarters

Steelers re-signed RB Le'Veon Bell to a one-year, $12.12 million contract.

As Bell said he would, he shows up the Friday following the preseason finale to sign his franchise tender, ending his summer holdout. It's obviously fair to have some concern about Bell's conditioning, but the Steelers are fully expected to throw Bell right into the fire as their Week 1 bell cow against the Browns.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Run him every play against the browns

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
My guess is, no, my hope is that Bell will come out of all this a better man. I imagine he'll have multiple sit downs with Mr. Rooney, Colbert and Tomlin. As the days turn to weeks with Bell in the building, within the structure of the organization, perhaps his hi-jinks antics will dissipate and he'll become more mature and grow the **** up. I presume those around him in the off-season - his 'handlers' if you will - are the ones pushing him down this road of being a self-centered, greedy jackass. If he plays his cards right he could be up there with Franco & Bettis as the greatest all-time Steelers running backs. But he needs to make a U-turn from this current path and return to being the humble, hard working kid that we drafted out of Michigan State. Otherwise he'll follow Plaxico, Santonio, Sanders et al right out the ******* door. Would be a damn shame. I hope from this point forward he says and does the right things and turns this thing around. It's not too late for that, imo.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
My guess is, no, my hope is that Bell will come out of all this a better man. I imagine he'll have multiple sit downs with Mr. Rooney, Colbert and Tomlin. As the days turn to weeks with Bell in the building, within the structure of the organization, perhaps his hi-jinks antics will dissipate and he'll become more mature and grow the **** up. I presume those around him in the off-season - his 'handlers' if you will - are the ones pushing him down this road of being a self-centered, greedy jackass. If he plays his cards right he could be up there with Franco & Bettis as the greatest all-time Steelers running backs. But he needs to make a U-turn from this current path and return to being the humble, hard working kid that we drafted out of Michigan State. Otherwise he'll follow Plaxico, Santonio, Sanders et al right out the ******* door. Would be a damn shame. I hope from this point forward he says and does the right things and turns this thing around. It's not too late for that, imo.

The man wants to get paid what he feels he should earn. We aren't going to change how he thinks. I hope they can find a middle ground but I'm guessing he gets tagged again next year and we go through this same ****. No reason to bow down to his demands.

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
The man wants to get paid what he feels he should earn. We aren't going to change how he thinks. I hope they can find a middle ground but I'm guessing he gets tagged again next year and we go through this same ****. No reason to bow down to his demands.

I agree but he's going to be miserable if he continues alienating fans and teammates alike, not to speak of whatever the FO and coaches think of him. He's gotta shake this whole prima donna bullshit and do it quick. Whatever he, his agents and the Steelers FO negotiate behind close doors should not be aired out in the public domain. The idea he's constantly harping on how much he thinks he's worth is working against him in every which way. Someone needs to get inside his head and give him solid advice on this. Maybe all of this is moot. Maybe the problem is Bell. Maybe he is a self-centered prima donna, rap star wannabe. He might never get back in the Steelers good graces. In which case they should ship him out asap at peak value and be done with it.

Uncle Ben

Reaction score
Tag him next year if his fragile non play off performing body lasts. I realize he is a talent but to be great you have to be on the field. Right now this looks like a cancer.

bigben

Reaction score
This is not a good sign.
Bell should not be in a public rap battle beef with our second rate linebackers.
Bell is the most talented player on this team, we are not going to win any superbowls with AB and #10, We have seen how it ends when Bell isn't on the field. There are 31 other teams in the league where Conner would not be a starter, plus this team. Everyone not wearing homer glasses knows he was a reach in the third round, He has been outperformed by Watson this preseason. Stop with the cries for Conner already.
If Bell had never shown up the Steelers would have been on the phone with D Williams.
Alvin and the china doll should stfu and worry about avoiding the embarrassment that was the end of last season.
Not a good sign for team chemistry
Do you think Bellicheck would allow social media rap battles among his players?

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Does't everyone think they should earn more? No running back gets 17 million a year. The Steelers offered Bell a small mint to sign. No only did he walk, he did not attend camp and mocked the process with his music.

I hope Tomlin runs him often, then if Ben retires the Steelers trade him for two first round picks in the 2018 draft or a top 2 overall draft pick.

If Ben were to retire, we get a huge among of cap space, and not giving Bell 12 million + a year opens up more cap space.

We could pick a draft a new franchise QB, and absolute load up with 33M+ in cap space to build a monster on both sides of the ball.

But for 2017 the time to win is NOW

Last edited:

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I honestly think the Steelers are planning a future without Bell. Conner has looked solid so far in preseason and they already spent money they probably wouldn't have on Haden. If Bell is still requesting more than 12 million next year, assuming he stays healthy, they can tag him and draft a RB high if they aren't sure on Conner. Or if they feel Conner looks good let him walk. All I gotta say his Saquon Barkley is draft eligible in 2018 :)

deljzc

Reaction score
I'm going to look back in this thread come November and laugh and how all of you are "sky-is-falling" ****.

There has been nothing-to-see-here since the tag was applied. This is what happens.

He's going to get 2000 yards from scrimmage if he stays healthy and that won't have anything to do with preseason work or not.